A few keybind questions..

Discussions about UT99
maximdymok
Experienced

A few keybind questions..

Post by maximdymok »

Hi all. I would like to set up a few keybinds for UT.. but I don't quite know how. I want to have a keybind that makes you say something.. for example I press a key and it says "Nice shot" . Also, is there a way thru keybinds to use taunts from different characters without actually switching them? Say, I'm playing with the Male 1 voice, but I want to use one of Xan's taunts.. is that possible with a keybind? Thanks for any help.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: A few keybind questions..

Post by papercoffee »

Well ...no ...the animated taunts are part of the playermodel animation... the spoken taunts (voice pack) are interchangeable.
The only exception is the boss voice pack (Xan) it is in a vanilla installed UT reserved for this particular model.

But you can find this voice pack of Xan some where, usable for all models.
Maybe some of our data-gathering-guys can help you with it.

The other thing with custom say is only doable with a modification as far as I know ...but maybe I got you wrong there.
maximdymok
Experienced

Post by maximdymok »

Hmm, I found a link where the messages are explained..
http://fewtech.net/the_few/UT99binds.htm
But I still don't know what to do with it.. where do I put the bind itself? user.ini?

Also.. I forgot to say it in the first post, but can you slow down or speed up demo playback? Is there a command/keybind for that?

So uh.. anyone? Bump? I at least wanna know where and how to put the binds in.

EDIT by papercoffee-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did edit your post for you, but next time you get a whack with the ladle.

have a nice day.

Sry.. should've read the rules again! And its even underlined..
Last edited by maximdymok on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUMP YOUR THREAD ...WE ARE NOT 4CHAN.
double posts and tripple posts are not allowed ...Edit your post instead.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

I'm new to the UT99.org forums, but I've been playing UT99 since day one ... anyway, I noticed this topic on binding keys and saw that some players are looking for a way to bind voice taunts / commands and custom say messages to keys.

I've built a utility which allows a player to select a voice pack and bind keys to specific taunts & commands ... it also allows you to bind custom messages (like: Nice Shot Dude!) to a key press. The UT Speech Binder comes with built in support for all the voice packs included with the UT GOTY; as well the UTSB tool is dynamic so you can add a simple text file for any voice pack and the Speech Binder will allow you to bind keys for it. :tu:

Here's the low down on what I call the UT Speech Binder:

Attached is a zip file of which contains the 2.2 version of the UTSpeechBinder.exe, Readme.txt, & FAQ.txt

Purpose:
The purpose of this utility is threefold; first to allow quick and accurate key binding for any Unreal Tournament player voice, secondly to allow the user to easily see which phrases have been mapped and to which keys they are currently bound, and lastly allow the player to quickly change from one voice to another without having to rebind any keys.

How To Install:
Just unzip to anywhere and run the UTSpeechBinder.exe file. Point it to your user.ini file and enjoy.

This is a list of functionality in the UT Speech Binder version 2.2:

• Provides quick & easy key binding for Unreal Tournament voice packs
• Informs you if the selected key press is currently bound to another game function.
• Provides an easy way to view voice key bindings for Unreal Tournament voice packs
• Allows any voice pack selection without requiring the player skin to be changed. (You can use any voice and keep your custom skin.)
• Maintains key binding history by Voice Pack. (You bind your keys once and never have to do it again)
• Synchronizes CTF Key Bindings across all voice packs. (Make your CTF key bindings once, the utility will propagate the key bindings to all available voice packs)
• Option to allow user to toggle on/off CTF Command synchronizing across voice pack profiles
• Allows you to add a Victory Dance to any voice key binding.
• Launch Unreal Tournament option. (Saves your configuration changes, launches UT, and closes the utility)
• Auto-Connect to your game server!
• Wizard for configuring your game server IP address for auto-connecting
• Player name can be unique for each voice pack.
• Provides quick voice change functionality. (Select a voice and the utility loads your custom key bindings for the selected voice pack automatically)
• Modular support for any custom voice pack. (Just add a text based voice configuration file and the UT Speech Binder utility makes the voice pack available for key binding)
• Print key binding cheat sheet
• Allow user to bind keys to Custom Text Messages - (not voice phrases, custom text messages).
• Option to allow user to synchronize Custom Messages across all voice pack profiles
• Allows key binding for "Admin Login" using a wizard
• Other User Configuration options which Unreal Tournament dialogs do not support.
• Utility remembers last size and location
• Utility defaults to voice pack found in your current game configuration
• Option to show complete User.ini in memo page
• Allow user to show/hide the View INI page.
• Allow user to change team color
• Allow user to clear specific bindings
• View, Options, & Tools menus
• Easter Egg - Find this hidden feature and gain godlike power ;-}

NOTE to Voice Pack Builders: This utility is dynamic, which means you can create a simple text file for any voice pack and the UT Speech Binder will allow key bindings for your new voice pack.

I hope you all find this tool helpful, Crusher
SpeechBinder2.2.zip
UT Speech Binder 2.2
(455.28 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

maximdymok wrote:Hi all. I would like to set up a few keybinds for UT.. but I don't quite know how. I want to have a keybind that makes you say something.. for example I press a key and it says "Nice shot" . Also, is there a way thru keybinds to use taunts from different characters without actually switching them? Say, I'm playing with the Male 1 voice, but I want to use one of Xan's taunts.. is that possible with a keybind? Thanks for any help.
Hi maximdymok,

Yes you can use voice taunts from different characters without actually switching to that character. I use a custom skin which is built on the Male Commando model but I use the voice taunts from many other player modles including Xan and some custom voice packs. The best way to pull this off is to use the UT Speech Binder tool. (see previous post)

Hope that helps, Crusher
-=]UM[=-*Extreme*
Novice

Post by -=]UM[=-*Extreme* »

Last edited by -=]UM[=-*Extreme* on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

You can use Xan's voice with other Male/Female models by adding the following lines into BotPack.int (in UnrealTournament\System)

Object=(Name=BotPack.VoiceBoss,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="Robot")
Object=(Name=BotPack.VoiceBoss,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceFemale,Description="Robot")
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I made a module that requests combinations of 2 or more keys and sends very specific taunts or messages, totally clientside and usable even in ACE servers. (No, it's not a cheat, and no, i'm not giving it away, code it)

It's a simple mod menu with a special keybind that does this:
- I hit one unused playerinput button.
- The mod menu spawned actor reads it, and opens the quickconsole and writes: '!speech '
- I quickly hit, say for example, 'C'.
- The mod, that reads the quickconsole detects '!speech c' is written, it closes the quickconsole and makes me send "(team flag carrier), I've got your back!" Yep, with name and all, like bots do.

It takes me 0.3 seconds to acknowledge an order, tell i'm covering somebody, or simply insult the player i just killed (x, you suck!)

I also made it work on UTPure consoles, if you manage to code it far enough, I'll give you some help with that.