Rizbef's Castle Maps Reviews

Discussions about UT99
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Rizbef's Castle Maps Reviews

Post by Carbon »

80 castle maps (280MB). Maybe some doubles, but the file sizes are different, so I kept them. More to come when I get around to digging through my archives. Sorry if Mediafire doesn't work for some. Maybe someone else can upload it to another service if necessary.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9odl9 ... e_Maps.rar

32 more (76MB) from the FilePlanet archive. Again, maybe some doubles (crossed with Castle Maps above), but oh well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6i3w ... Maps_2.rar
rizbef
Experienced
Personal rank: castle maps hoarder

Post by rizbef »

Carbon wrote:80 castle maps (280MB). Maybe some doubles, but the file sizes are different, so I kept them. More to come when I get around to digging through my archives. Sorry if Mediafire doesn't work for some. Maybe someone else can upload it to another service if necessary.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9odl9 ... e_Maps.rar

32 more (76MB) from the FilePlanet archive. Again, maybe some doubles (crossed with Castle Maps above), but oh well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6i3w ... Maps_2.rar
Sweet... :rock: Thanks a lot! My collection of 'castles' arch/temples/etc is quite huge now :lol:

======================================================================================================================================

DM-Pestilence

A crypt in the middle of a lava river... no escape... Your only chance of survival is to wait for an aircraft to fly overhead... This underground crypt has some awesome z-axis action.

Read More

===
{S.o.W}DeathMask
Skilled

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask »

Just sweet.
If you like to hear good news, I'm currently working on a fixed version of it, with improved Bot-pathing and some visual fixes.
And that corpse you saw up there is called Pestilence, which is one of the zombies of this SkinPack.
{S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, my memory wasn't even close...
rizbef wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:I don't have the exact name handy, but I think it's DM-KrallKeep.
Beautiful map, filled with boobytraps & secret passages & a moat; battle inside the castle as well around it.
I searched google but found nothing on krallkeep :? The map sounds awesome though, so if you ever find it, let me know!
...it was DM-Keep3

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

DM-UNLD-GothicRooftop

A storm is brewing... As per its name, most of this map takes place on the roof, although there are a few bedrooms and such to explore on the inside.

Read More

DM-LexmarkCastle_UT

"This is a large sized Deathmatch map with a medieval castle genre. This map caters heavily to snipers, as well as being
filled with lots of close-range combat areas."

-from the readme by Andrew Ross

Read More

==============================================================================================================
So while I was hunting for the readme for LexmarkCastle, I found that I actually have DM-LexmarkCastle_U, not DM-LexmarkCastle_UT
I have the version made for Unreal :loool: It works just fine in UT though...

EvilGrins wrote:Okay, my memory wasn't even close...
rizbef wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:I don't have the exact name handy, but I think it's DM-KrallKeep.
Beautiful map, filled with boobytraps & secret passages & a moat; battle inside the castle as well around it.
I searched google but found nothing on krallkeep :? The map sounds awesome though, so if you ever find it, let me know!
...it was DM-Keep3
Acquired and added near the top of the list! Thanks :)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

rizbef wrote:DM-LexmarkCastle_UT
This looks more like an unfinished campaign map for MH or a SP run.
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

papercoffee wrote:
rizbef wrote:DM-LexmarkCastle_UT
This looks more like an unfinished campaign map for MH or a SP run.
I think you might be correct :mrgreen:

The author does mention in the readme:
This is my first Deathmatch map (DM), so I am still learning about DM gameplay (I generally play using single player mode). I did, however, "do my homework" before designing the map, so as to make the best map possible. I also used the input of a few experience DM players to further improve on the maps design/gameplay.
It also says,
Made a new level from the Lexmark Castle section of Skaarj Tower - Shadow and Fire. I imported several brushes used in Skaarj Tower to make this map. After the completion of the map, it was rebuilt using UnrealEd 2.0 with the 436 patch so as to optimize the map's performance for Unreal Tournament.
Skaarj Tower is an SP map series he had previously made... so good deduction there! :thuup:
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

DM-Mausoleum

"Deep within the decaying mountain lies disconsolate burial chambers. Most prisoners are dead, while others hang still living while nailed to boards high upon the mouldering walls. Some say they can hear screams from the living, while other's only notice the creaking of the woodwork. Becoming distracted will only help you become part of the soul filled crypt, as your life is easily taken by other contestants in the tournament. Enter at your own will, and beware the dangers of.. The Mausoleum."
-from the readme

Read More

====================================================================================================

DM-UNLD-Nocturnal

A smaller map from the UNLD mappack, Nocturnal's layout following a special looping path. A portal takes you from the end of the map back to the beginning, creating a loop effect.

Read More

====================================================================================================

DM-Rhine

"This map was inspired by the Runes, runes are a set of symbols which were used by our Germanic ancestors as an alphabet. The best known version is the Elder Rune Row or Futhark, which was used throughout the Germanic lands for nearly a thousand years. It consists of 24 symbols in three groups of eight, each having its own name, sound, and esoteric meaning. Their study requires historical, linguistic, and esoteric understanding."
-from the readme

Read More

DM-KrallTemple

This large temple map has a mix of different architectures and colors. A lot of the 'artifacts' are breakable, and there are a lot of secret ledges with weapons or pickups only reachable by using the anit-gravity boots.

Read More

DM-Keep3

"First built by Nali slaves for their Krall masters,
Krall Keep was no defense against the human onslaught.
Now outdated and obsolete against almost all weaponry,
Its current use is as a playground for armed mercenaries."

-from the readme

Read More

======
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Why not AS (Assault) maps?
rizbef wrote:Also, if a map causes my game to crash, I probably won't be able to review it.
Not so. You could write a simple review: "Will crash your system!"

You tried DM-Conqueror yet?
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/view ... =14&t=2390
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

EvilGrins wrote:Why not AS (Assault) maps?
rizbef wrote:Also, if a map causes my game to crash, I probably won't be able to review it.
Not so. You could write a simple review: "Will crash your system!"

You tried DM-Conqueror yet?
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/view ... =14&t=2390
DM-Conqueror is actually next on my list :D
And yes haha, I do plan on saying whether I can play the game or not; I just meant the map won't get a big review if I can't explore all of it.

And I am personally just not as interested in playing AS maps. Maybe once I exhaust the list of other maps, I'll try AS.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

The next time I have a day off, which will be Sunday, I'll hit up my endless supply of maps and see if I can find you some more castley type stuffs to review.

Can't remember the name of this one...
...but it will be on the list!
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

EvilGrins wrote:The next time I have a day off, which will be Sunday, I'll hit up my endless supply of maps and see if I can find you some more castley type stuffs to review.

Can't remember the name of this one...
...but it will be on the list!
It's dm-castle-pf I think :) which is indeed on the list! I have both the dm and ctf versions.

And ooouu yes if you have any others to suggest, I'll gladly take them! I already have at least 50 maps to go through :lol:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

rizbef wrote:And ooouu yes if you have any others to suggest, I'll gladly take them! I already have at least 50 maps to go through :lol:
Well then, why not give these a try:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/95952.html

You'll have to hunt down your own downloads of them, though.
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

EvilGrins wrote:
rizbef wrote:And ooouu yes if you have any others to suggest, I'll gladly take them! I already have at least 50 maps to go through :lol:
Well then, why not give these a try:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/95952.html

You'll have to hunt down your own downloads of them, though.
:rock: I only had 2 of these maps... this is excellent!!!
They're all added to the top of the list, after DM-Conqueror.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Wasn't CTF-EpicBoy in one of the official patches?