Resistance is futile

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Resistance is futile

Post by EvilGrins »

Not being a big fan of throwing things away, I tend to 'assimilate' old skins. Big geek and a Hell of a Trekkie, I combed UT skin sites early on, like the 1st year the game came out, for Star Trek themed skins. I have TNG skins, Red Shirt skins I edited from a crappy Captain Kirk skin, Klingon skins, and Borg.

I've only ever found 2 main Borg skins, both having excellent qualities and both having crappy qualities. So I took the two of them and hybridized them together. Two entirely different sets of skins, both of them Borg...

...and when I get sick of a particular skin I edit it to drain color from the face and hands and assimilate into my little UT Collective.

We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: Resistance is futile

Post by Shadow »

In my opinion they don't really look like borg, more like an alternate version of necris skins
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

EvilGrins wrote:Image
Random picture is random or is something maybe wrong with shadows post? Of course he expressed criticism but he could not have done it any nicer.

If you think its smart to come up with such weird completly non-understandable replies, let me tell you: You make a fool from yourself. It is a spam post anyway and sooner or later it will end up with problems... well on your side obviously, so I would suggest you pull yourself together.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

The post wasn't random. It's a skin project that I've worked on and I wanted to display them, progressively worked on as I continue to add more faces to it for the reasons described above.

As to the silly response, God made me goofy. I'm a HUGE UT99 fan but I'm also seriously wonky as all get out.

Necris? Pfft!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You aren't coming across as wonky bro. You are coming across as someone on the verge of getting the negative attention of the admins. A bit of advice? Cool it down with the ADHD posting of archive threads and ease up some on the "I need everyone to see how goofy I am" routine. Having to wade through all these senseless replies you are making is cumbersome and out of character with the vibe of the board.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

EvilGrins wrote:The post wasn't random. It's a skin project that I've worked on and I wanted to display them, progressively worked on as I continue to add more faces to it for the reasons described above.

As to the silly response, God made me goofy. I'm a HUGE UT99 fan but I'm also seriously wonky as all get out.

Necris? Pfft!
the post being random referred by crevion was related to your pic post, not the initial thread post

regarding your "necris? pfft" response you should start dealing better with criticism in the future, your skins are ok and well done but I don't see in any way any relation to the borg style, that's it - it's a subjective point of view, yes, but you have to deal with different point of views
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

You better be less "wonky" then.

Shadow provided a simple opinion, pretty much like you give yours to many stuff other people made much better than anything you shown so far, so don't be cocky. If you want to post content, accept the fact people will comment on it, and it won't be always the comments you will want to hear but you will have to deal with them and accept them, otherwise don't bother to post content.

And yeah, if you want to know my honest opinion, they are well done but I also think they look like more "Necris" than Borg. There.
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

Necris ??Naa
Borg looks very nice.. great job..
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Shadow wrote: the post being random referred by crevion was related to your pic post, not the initial thread post
You really think he did not get that? I mean why did I quote his random pic post then at all? :ironic:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Ah yeah... i see
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Fair enough, my bad.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

You seem to have quite some talent, ever skinned a monster or weapon yet? and are you able to create HD skins?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Not exactly, and thanks. I once switched the skins to the Skaarj Trooper in the game with one of the skins I use for the playable SKtroopers, a camo-uniform that'd work well in Infiltration games, but I had to replace the file. It was one of UT99's main files and the incompatability that came from the file update made it so no one could login to LAN games.

I've never individually changed one, no. I don't know how to make models or monsters, just good at editing what's already there with the most basic of tools. I actually edit skins with ThumbsPlus & Microsoft Paint.