I must admit sometimes I use terms some people do not understand (-> working on it, honestly).
That's why I have taken out the list of features from moddb and only let the weapon list stay along with images and videos.
Anyway, to the point: afaik there are no maps with UTJMH dependency? I mean, afaik (perhaps I may be a bit outdated on this) UTJMH is just a small mutator that adds health regeneration, random prizes over time, regenerating ammo, render monsters health on the screen and a few more neat things.
I remember having to release a custom ini for UTJMH so certain features of it would be disabled so certain similar features of NW2 would work well.
UTJMH doesn't really "break" NW3 itself (nor the other way around), only the NW3 Monsterhunt specific features can (and they are all optional, so if disabled there are no problems either).
Quick example: health.
UTJMH regenerates health to a certain value in its ini.
NW2 and NW3 have something which is called "Modifiers", which are pickups that modify certain weapon properties such as: firerate, damage, ammo, etc.
The health modifier gives the weapon the capacity to heal its owner by shooting himself (through splash damage, like explosions), and this has also a max configurable value.
If both mods max health configuration do not match, you will end up having one of them cutting the amount of health you have in some situations, thus a "buggy" situation.
So, I wanted to go the easy route (easy for the admin) and implement all the needed MH features that would make UTJMH unnecessary for NW3 servers, and thus avoiding any headache afterwards (because it's easier to anyone to just "remove this mod, add this one instead" rather than "if you want this mod feature, you have to disable that one in that one").
Now if UTJMH is absolutely necessary no matter the situation because of some sort of dependency which honestly I am not aware about, then that's perfectly possible, but the configuration of one or another mod will have to be tweaked the same fashion UTJMH server with NW2 are tweaked now.
And when I released NW2 back then and even nowadays some people tell me I should have built all the features in the mod so they hadn't to have UTJMH on for just a few things.
Bottom line: those maps are safe and UTJMH can still be there running, but you would have to choose between NW3 features or UTJMH features, that's all.
As for the mod itself, getting down to the very basics:
- For the average player:
* It's a new weapon pack: 17 weapons (it's what the whole thing is mostly about)
* It brings new pickups (new graphics mostly, like that udamage in the previous page)
* It brings some gameplay features (but I will touch that subject later when I actually release the pack)
- For the admin:
* Good performance in the client (depending on the detail settings, but the mod auto-adjusts itself for best performance while having still the best quality possible)
* Great performance in the server (the pack actually runs faster and consumes less in an online game, since the load is divided between server and client)
* Any server can handle it (it doesn't need to be powerful at all, any server that can run UT "modless", can also run NW3)
* Any client can handle it too (tested in a machine which could only handle the game at 800x600 max), except some nuclear effects (but again, they auto adjust for performance, the thing is, they will just look ugly in weaker machines)
* Gameplay customization
* Clan customization (custom textures for the hands which hold the weapons, custom textures for "chargers")
- For anyone more into development:
* Lots of code (and other resources) to rip and potentially learn or laugh from
* Easy to add new weapons and pickups (bases to do his own "nali weapon" rather easily, although no one will do so most likely)
* Visual features such as: dynamic coronas and lensflares, "earthquake"-like system, wall debris/chunks, nuclear shockwave fx, and more
* Ability to build some NW3 specific mutators (more on that also later)
* Still not available for usage nor testing. It will be released to public soon and private beta-testing will happen even sooner. All I can provide so far is info, some answers and media in-game (screenshots and videos already released, see first post, or see moddb page here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3
), and the current ini files for a small grasp on the potential possible settings (in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4173
My "marketing approach" is showing periodic screenshots and not so periodic videos of in-game content being developed, as media worth a thousand words (or so they say), while still not spoiling all of it (specially the things many players want to see the most). Worked so far for 2 years already... not on purpose though of course (the original time frame I set to finish the pack when I started was 6 months, and used 4x that time due to my real life job which took more of my time than I thought).
But hey, didn't quit the project and I am going to finish it within the next few weeks.