Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Re: Screenshots

Post by Shade »

There is a pic...but 1 pixel big. :roll:
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Lenvris, I would advise to build better BSP, that one is all messed up. The same with lightning, the pixel shows that you placed light in the wrong places. The layout seems to me very simple and plain, try to add some more pixels and you have a great map. :P :P :P :loool: :loool: :loool: :loool:
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Lighting is totally wrong. I mean who the hell uses sooo much pink? At least add some variation.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Thats enough.. one more of these posts and I will delete it.. :confused2:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
dxej
Average
Personal rank: Retired

Post by dxej »

This is my first map i create since like a year ago.
Going to be based for SLV. and don't expect much... It's just basicly to get my technics of mapping baack

;p

http://team-wd.com/images/Shot0001.bmp
http://team-wd.com/images/Shot0002.bmp
http://team-wd.com/images/Shot0000.bmp
Latest map » CTF-Sanctum
Work in Progress » A BT Map in Gray & White style ; a w00tabulous map ; a regular CTF map & another big project.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Aint no SLV fan... but the maps looks nice so far ;) good job :tu:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Pandemonium
Average
Personal rank: for h.exe = 0 to 665

Post by Pandemonium »

Won't look at the pix cause they're bmp-files. :gj:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

ghehe lazy pandemonium ? :P the wont load that long
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced
Personal rank: UT Veteran & Mapper

Post by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX »

Well, although in my Cartel thread I said that I won't leak any pictures...I'll leak 4 on here just for you guys and gals ;) , uploaded to onto my emergency imageshack account until I figure out if there is an option in Photobucket to have automatic resize :confused2: But no matter...despire the large size, I have thumbnailed them at imageshack and made them into jpg instead of png...;)

So anyway, here are your 4 sneak peak piccies of Cartel in the early Tech Demo 3 stages :P...thumbnailed :mrgreen:

(NOTE: there is only one light palced in the level...which is the lightouse searchlight. The old lighting system was crappy and n00bish, so I deleted all except the lighthouse light until the entire BSP of Cartel is deemed complete currently before I let the map be played by "external voluntary testers", which will be before Pre-Alpha. ;) :) )

P.S. Yes, the sky texture looks crappy due to a resizing glitch with Photoshop 7...but now I have bought Photoshop 10 CS3 Extended (legal copy :P). I can use the bmp textures to recreate the pcx files with a much more higher res and better lookign quality at 256x256 size instead fo this crappy glitchy resized version of the skybox ;)

Image Image Image Image

C&C welcome :mrgreen: Also, if you really, really want to view the level this incomplete, you are more than welcome, just check out Cartel thread for more details. ;)

Thanks everyoen! :D
Myth
Inhuman

Post by Myth »

Anyways, I'm almost finished whit this one. All she needs are some tweaks and a real testing, and a name. Could find a suitable name. I thought I go whit something like 'sanctuary'... but not suitable enough.
Since Fenit's castle map pack seems to be dead I'll be releasing it somewhere between the 1st-10th of January, if he doesn't respond.
Clipboard01.jpg
w00t: 100th post...
Anderson
Average

Post by Anderson »

That looks really cool Myth. how did you get that fog like that?
Myth
Inhuman

Post by Myth »

Actors>Decoration>UTDecoration>UTFlare whit a custom texture. Essentially it's the same way how particle systems give the illusion of smoke, fire.. etc.
Myth
Inhuman

Post by Myth »

Well, I'm not sure whether I should post this or not. I didn't want to unveil this until next weekend. But ironically I got to the point where I got addicted to my own map.
So here's the goddamn bastard:
Clipboard01.jpg
What was supposed to be a short test run turned out to be a 45 minute fight-off against some dumbass bots.
It's mean, dark, somewhat cursed. I've been dragging around the project for half a year now. I got the original idea last summer. Ever since I had troubles whit it, I've been refining the concept. I even have learnt Uscript just to code a few actors for this one. The rules of engagement were totally changed. For instance you aren't given a translocator, even though it's a CTF map.
It was supposed to be in the Community map pack, however it did not meet the graphical requirements. It's low poly, and I don't care since it's not in the map pack anymore. I'm dumping my latest graphical design, which was supposed to be a high poly version.
The average is about 160 poly per view. Rarely goes beyond 300.
The things that are yet to be done:
-proper bot support
-few new textures
-minor brushwork
-choosing between 3 awesome soundtracks
-final testing
-debugging (replication?)

A lot more can be said... but I'd rather not write a novel.
Clipboard02.jpg
Hopefully I'll finally finish it and release it somewhere around January 2009.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Really, I can't figure you out. In principle it is a fiasco, you can make really cool skyboxes and then the rest of your maps: Low Poly ... anywise I think know, it is not a want of mapping skill, you are simply unutterable lazy. That you really haven`t the desire for making really good maps with a DECENT polycount and so. I dont get it. Well, that's your pigeon! If you are so happy I dont want to prevent you from making maps with this polycount anymore.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Myth
Inhuman

Post by Myth »

Cool, but why are you so pissed off??