MH-EasterInWonderland

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

MH-EasterInWonderland

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

Hello again fellow huntsmen and huntresses!
Kaya here with yet another map, it's a very late release of something I promised to make for a friend of mine. . . A year ago.
But I got extremely Pre-occupied since.

It's "Loosely" based on Alice in wonderland (Both the books and the game) And the only thing about it that has to do with Easter is the health pickups really (Multicoloured Eggs.)
Screenshots and download link below!

Screenshots:

Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lscu6vshcgb265/Alice.zip (Last update 21-09-2013 22:33)

MapRaider Link:
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-to ... WonderLand

(Bots now work! woo!)

The map contains:
Custom Monsters (Reskins and stat changes mostly along with some small effects which might be, surprising)
Custom textures (Some home-made, some taken from other packs)
Custom items (Health pickups)
'custom' music (From other maps)
Last edited by VatcilliZeitchef on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: MH-EasterInWonderland

Post by EvilGrins »

Will there be a Jabberwocky?
White nali-rabits?
Things you can 'drink' that make you either VERY BIG or very small?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Downloading, feedback later today or tomorrow.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

EvilGrins wrote:Will there be a Jabberwocky?
Yes.
EvilGrins wrote:White nali-rabits?
I will need to think on this.
EvilGrins wrote:Things you can 'drink' that make you either VERY BIG or very small?
Yes.
GEx wrote:Downloading, feedback later today or tomorrow.
thanks!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Nice

Can you give me the custom pawn you use in ?
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

Custom pawns? Well they are all in MyLevel and are really mostly copy and paste scripts of existing pawns. The Card Warriors are a reskinned subclass of the IceSkaarj with some script of the TarydiumBarrel (Under decoration) put into the script. Ditto for the Cardians, except they are subclassed from the KrallElite. The JabberWocky has some script altered to change it's projectile (Which is harder than is seems on a titan), and the Slithy Troves are Sliths with script from the UT player carcass messily pasted in. I still need to find a way to make them NOT GIB ON DEATH so the effect becomes more clear.

Oh, and to answer EvilGrins on the Rabbit.
Yew axed 4 it, Biches!
Last edited by VatcilliZeitchef on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

VatcilliZeitchef wrote: Oh, and to answer PaperCoffee on the Rabbit.
:shock: who? ...till now didn't I participate in this discussion.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

Oops! What was I thinking >.< It was EvilGrins that said that, my apologies!

Anyway, Fixed some issues in online play and replaced the download! It also has the bunny now. Thou it's just there for fun, nothing final yet.

There's still a lot of issues with the monsters I'd like to ask someone to help me with thou.
The biggest ones being the Jabberwocky and the Exploding monsters. . . Perhaps I could hope for Medor's help here?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Played it, it was fun! The card monsters liked to fight eachother, which is the only bug I found with my playthrough.
Where does the 4th teleport lead again? The map ended after reaching some cave and I think (forgot, terrible memory :tongue:) I only got 3 teles active (the last was at the beginning of the swamp). Awesome map with great scripts (rolling boulder, magic book bridge (my fave :P)), will download the new version soon.

EDIT: Ups, Oldschool was on, I don't remember turning it on :mrgreen:
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

Ah yes, the card monsters fighting each other was my bad, I think I fixed it! (I set them to attitude 'ignore' before because I thought that was best, rather than Attitude 'Friendly') the map should now have 0% monster VS monster fighting (Except the white rabbit, it will still attack other monsters, not the players thou. Bots won't attack it on purpose either.)

There's still two issues I would like fixed. The Jabberwocky sometimes stops attacking when it tries to get into melee range. But I don't want it to move from it's position!
And the card monsters explode before registering a kill, thereby creating accessed none log spam, I would like to see that fixed too.
Sadly neither of those are within my current scripting ability,

As for the teleporter, it's 'reserved' for the last part!
bobisunreal
Novice

Post by bobisunreal »

i tried to play this in unreal 227 , with various mods , and it works , but the swjumppad crashes the game almost a few seconds after it starts... fyi
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

Unreal 227? You mean the old unreal(Or unreal gold) I did not expect it to be playable there. You could easily strip out the swjumppads to be honest, the only thing they add is bot support.
If you want it I can strip out the jumppads in the final version and the references to monsterhunt, perhaps replace the UT weapons so that it might work on Unreal. I don't know if it takes more than that or not.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

VatcilliZeitchef wrote:
There's still two issues I would like fixed. The Jabberwocky sometimes stops attacking when it tries to get into melee range. But I don't want it to move from it's position!
And the card monsters explode before registering a kill, thereby creating accessed none log spam, I would like to see that fixed too.
Sadly neither of those are within my current scripting ability,
Send me some logs from this if you have them and I'll look at it for you Al. I'll be in there already later today for the model fix.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
bobisunreal
Novice

Post by bobisunreal »

You mean the old unreal(Or unreal gold) I did not expect it to be playable there.
yes but , it was a bit more involved then simply loading it , i used various mods (botpack, oldskool) and a modified monsterhunt to get it to load.

what i did to try to fix since removing and rebuilding with sw jumppads deleted didnt help .
was i deleted all the code in swjumpad and recompiled so it appears as a teleporter. it loads and is more playable but it still unstable for some reason(easily crashed by random things) dont worry about unreal. i just did it to see it for fun to show some players your map that dont play ut.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept

JackGriffin wrote: Send me some logs from this if you have them and I'll look at it for you Al. I'll be in there already later today for the model fix.
Well, there's this part:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function Botpack.DeathMatchPlus.Killed:009C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function Engine.GameInfo.ScoreKill:003C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function Botpack.TeamGamePlus.ScoreKill:01F0) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.ScoreKill:018D) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.ScoreKill:01FD) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.ScoreKill:0257) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.ScoreKill:02C7) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.ScoreKill:0392) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.ScoreKill:0426) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.Killed:004B) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-EasterInWonderLand05.MonsterHunt0 (Function Botpack.DeathMatchPlus.Killed:009C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: JabberPocky MH-EasterInWonderLand05.JabberPocky0 (Function MH-EasterInWonderLand05.JabberPocky.Flying.BeginState
But the reason the name of the killed pawn does not show up is probably the fact the monster explodes too soon:

Code: Select all

var() int explosionDamage;

function PlayDeathHit(float Damage, vector HitLocation, name damageType, vector Momentum)
{
	Skin=Texture'Botpack.WarExplosionS.we_a12';
	setCollision(false, false, false);
	AmbientSound=none;
	//Destroy();
}

function Killed(pawn Killer, pawn Other, name damageType)
{
	if (Other == self){
		Explosion();
	}
}	

function Explosion()
{
	local SpriteBallExplosion f;
	local RingExplosion3 r;		

HurtRadius(explosionDamage, 128, 'exploded', 100, Location);
	f = spawn(class'SpriteBallExplosion',,,Location + vect(0,0,1)*16,rot(16384,0,0));
	f.DrawScale = 1;
	r = spawn(class'RingExplosion3',,,Location - Vect(0,0,16),rot(16384,0,0));
	r.DrawScale = 1;
	Destroy();
}
As a result The only thing that comes up when you kill it is "Player killed" Instead of "Player killed a Two of Clubs"