Modifying Weapon Sounds

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Aldarith
Novice

Modifying Weapon Sounds

Post by Aldarith »

How exactly would one go about modifying weaponsounds such as the ones found in weapon mods?

I'm assuming this will somehow involve the unpacking, altering and repackaging of a .u file?
I am specifically planning to attempt to change the firing sound of the CAS12 in ChaosUT if that gives a clearer perspective.
ASLY

Re: Modifying Weapon Sounds

Post by ASLY »

Not needing a new *u.file if you only just want to change the weapon sounds.
Make a map and put the CAS12 weapon to your map. Import your sounds to the map what you want to use and open the weapon properties.
Now add the sounds somewhere to your map. All the same how, just if you open your map you need the sounds to load it.
If done now you need to make a file and add this line:

Code: Select all

DISCONNECT
SET CAS12 SELECTSOUND (Sound Package Name)
SET CAS12 FIRESOUND (Sound Package Name)
SET CAS12 ALTFIRESOUND (Sound Package Name)
RECONNECT
Add a name to your file and save it, and put the file to your \System folder.
Now start UT, open your map and type to your Console: EXEC (Your File Name)
And done, now your weapon have new sounds. But every time you need to do that if you want to use the new weapon sounds.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Wouldn't that cause ACE to kick you? ^

I did a very few experiment changing weapon sound but can't remember much. I'll work on it later after doing some other project I got in hand until someone come here and post.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Chamberly wrote:Wouldn't that cause ACE to kick you? ^

I did a very few experiment changing weapon sound but can't remember much. I'll work on it later after doing some other project I got in hand until someone come here and post.
I tried my tweaks online and I don't have kick online. This changes don't important thing maybe that's why I don't have kick.
But I think there is many other tweak which is illegal, like change the players texture, etc.
Anyway I customised a Deck16][ map where you can load my tweak. It's called Tweak-Xtra. I changed many things like...
Multikill messages colors, position, new weapon sounds, texture, projectile textures, etc.
If somebody interested, I can make screenshots or I can share it.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Aldarith wrote:How exactly would one go about modifying weaponsounds such as the ones found in weapon mods?
Suddenly thinking it would be cool if I could get the minigun to go "Bang Bang BANG".
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:
Aldarith wrote:How exactly would one go about modifying weaponsounds such as the ones found in weapon mods?
Suddenly thinking it would be cool if I could get the minigun to go "Bang Bang BANG".
It would annoy you very quick.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Please don't do this. All that's going to happen is that people's installations are going to get all messed up because they don't understand that using these SET commands makes permanent changes to their game. You are like the 10th guy to come along with this and it's turned out bad every single time.

To you reading this that doesn't really understand the discussion: Do NOT use SET commands with your local game. These commands make changes that cannot be undone unless you know the proper SET command to put it back. Many SET commands will be flagged by anticheats as insecure if you change from default settings. If you want to play with these make a backup installation and use that to poke around with this.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:Please don't do this. All that's going to happen is that people's installations are going to get all messed up because they don't understand that using these SET commands makes permanent changes to their game. You are like the 10th guy to come along with this and it's turned out bad every single time.

To you reading this that doesn't really understand the discussion: Do NOT use SET commands with your local game. These commands make changes that cannot be undone unless you know the proper SET command to put it back. Many SET commands will be flagged by anticheats as insecure if you change from default settings. If you want to play with these make a backup installation and use that to poke around with this.
^This !!!
Aldarith
Novice

Post by Aldarith »

ASLYE702, thanks for your response but I have to say I'd rather take Chamberly's offer. I can't say I've ever even heard of the technique you're mentioning, and I assume that's because it's really not viable as per Papercoffee and JackGriffin's cautions.

Chamberly, please keep me posted? :D
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Aldarith wrote:ASLYE702, thanks for your response but I have to say I'd rather take Chamberly's offer. I can't say I've ever even heard of the technique you're mentioning, and I assume that's because it's really not viable as per Papercoffee and JackGriffin's cautions.

Chamberly, please keep me posted? :D
Sure I will. ;) I'm going to sleep now, will catch up to you with some info when I'm done.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?