GameSpy closing down

Discussions about everything else
DLD-RABBIT
Average
Personal rank: *...*

Re: GameSpy closing down

Post by DLD-RABBIT »

Even though I wouldn't help 333networks, given the master list ripping and rogue unprovoked packets that must be being sent out at a phenomenal rate (enough to catch the interest of the feds)
The Feds...Really :loool:
:loool:
Some people like to stir up the crap.I still run the Epic, along with 333Networks with no problems. We now only run the two master uplinks...No worries....Why is this so hard for you billybill :loool: , Maybe they still have a few bugs, but i have no problems with Him/Them. It seems you have some sort of vendetta against Darkelarious :twisted:
Nothing wierd to report, all is good on my end.

Welcome back Darkelarious, I hope your vacation was great :P
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I already outlined this before, the robots hitting the master server are messing with our requests, it shouldn't be openly accepted. What say everyone decides to robot the list, gametracker, qtracker, and ten others. Please hit f10 to refresh does that message sound familiar?

The Feds you think I made that up? do a search on unrealadmin.org for 333networks there's a nice long post there which shows the deleted post from their own site

You are once again thinking I am personally attacking one person who I know nothing about. If he takes it personal so be it, not my intention. It's the actions the site is taking and whether it should be accepted that is in question. And I've said my part, all I can do is tell people to block his unprovoked robotic queries until Epic decide they've had enough

Oh and I'll add Rabbit, I'm not posting for the sake of arguing like you are. I am answering the question where he asks for a UScript coder. And me being very rehearsed in UScript and the how it's using the UDP protocol. I'll admit I don't know what the deal is with you demo players, and I know darkalarious is just another one of you, and of a long line of 333network guys who have come and gone. So when I say you need to keep off Epic's master list I am strictly talking about UT99 anything above v400 including Unreal gold, or simply put the full version of a game released in 1999 that you folks play and support the demo of for reasons unknown
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Everybody telling everybody what to do eh? Nope... let's keep this on topic.

Idk if I did heard GameSpy expanded their end of date of their master server or not, but memory too clouded lol. Anyway, lots of peoples are still on and playing. No biggie.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I say, as long as everything works and Epic is not complaining ... Who the Fudge cares?!
And as Dr. Flay wrote, Don't relay on only one master server only.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

The day will come billibob blocks himself for robot attacks coming out of his own head...
Some paranoiarobots....

Great to see you back again Dark, i hope the potato pulling was an effort, i would like some fries :D

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Harping on about an event in 2011, that is nothing to do with Darkelarious or has any relevance, is so pointless it is ridiculous.
Anyone is free to read the whole thread http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=30715 where you will see it came to nothing.
Throwing around words like feds and robots are decisive and simply there to shock and nothing but click-bait.
A robot is any automated task or query. Google, Bing and Yahoo are all "robots", go and scream foul-play at them.

Querying a master server is not really a problem when the whole point of existence for a master server, is to be queried.
Every minute of every day, thousands of them happen. 1 more to another peer so far over the previous years has not brought the house down.
All it does is ask for info, which is then given freely.
Hand up anyone here that has noticed the world of UT come crumbling down over the past few years.
333 Timeline for those interested http://hermskii.com/Forum/viewtopic.php ... 508#p36508

Thankfully most people that find bugs, problems or other erratum have the decency to report them, because it impacts everyone else.
333masterserver is not a static product, any problems that arise from using it should be reported to the people that can solve it, either by reconfiguring or rebuilding.
If using 333nw is giving you false or erratic results report it. That is why several people are always in the IRC room, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Darkelarious has now received bug reports upon his return, and he will sort through them soon. Anything that is not brought to his attention in some way cannot be dealt with :noidea
There are already next generation builds being tested, so suggestions, fixes and improvements will also benefit the new breed.
If anyone else has bugs to report, feel free to add them here http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?t=5471 or visit 1 of the links in Darkelarious's sig
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:This one's @Noccer. I just want to point out the thousands of unanswered UDP requests sent from 333networks to servers that are uplinked to Epic. You see, I can actually see the interval at which your robot queries Epic's list and then queries all servers that are not already in your database. Of course, gametracker or another service would delete a server from their database after a few missed replies. But not you guys, in fact the count is getting very high and your robot still doesn't seem to get the picture

Why am I wasting my time harping on about this? It's simple, and to prove a point all I'd have to do is use his script, my own robot that logs into the webadmin using a series of default ports and password (Yes I can port scan too!). And change the server name to "Hacked by 333networks.com". I'm sure not long after this some questions would be raised about whether someone should be doing any of this.

Hey you could always go to Epic and ask them to funnel any new server uplinks to yours. That's pretty much it right there, there is nothing I could possibly add to that argument if there ever really was any debate

Edit: Crap, I forgot I'm talking to someone who doesn't know what a bmp image is. Okay so Epic say yes then you won't need to scan the list. Epic say NO and you wouldn't be scanning the list. The fact being that you are being sneaky and don't ask them, probably because you know they will say no because it's not something you should be doing (for reasons highlighted above)
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

billybill wrote:bla bla bla
Okay, this is ridiculous. I wish you all the best.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

noccer wrote:
billybill wrote:bla bla bla
Okay, this is ridiculous. I wish you all the best.
Seconded. Okay, I am getting tired of this.
billybill wrote:Hey you could always go to Epic and ask them to funnel any new server uplinks to yours.
Billybill (note: start of a sentence, not `trolling', or a f_cking postcard), get this in your head: I had contact with the Infrastructure Architect at Epic Games. He emailed me. He asked me to send him the (at that time) missing key ingredient of my master server at the git repo. I provided technical information and we also talked about the legal issues. Dr. Flay was in the CC, Smirftsch is the one who brought us in contact with each other. So if you want to hear this confirmed, ask them.

Now, download the LATEST source of MasterServer-333networks and learn how it works. I do not synchronize with Epic Games, because they use the old UCC applet (which at the time I also sent to you to help you with your masterserver, you're welcome, even though you never said "thank you"). That is also the main reason why 333networks currently shows less servers than the UBrowser list. Thank you for insisting/persisting on that, now I will fix it before the end of the week, so you can continue nagging about it while everybody else is relieved that 333networks is complete again. See also
Dr.Flay wrote:Querying a master server is not really a problem when the whole point of existence for a master server, is to be queried.
Then, there are no "thousands of unanswered UDP requests sent from 333networks to servers that are uplinked to Epic". Never were. 333networks requests the status of all UT servers every 3 minutes. Servers that do no longer respond (offline, closed, or firewalled) are SKIPPED. Every hour is checked whether the server is still offline. If it does not come back online within 10 hours, it is removed from the list. If it is back online, it will be queried again.
As for your technical information, there is no such thing as an "unanswered UDP request. The concept of UDP is that there are no persistent connections or requests, only individual packets. When one end does not respond, the packet just disappears into oblivion. If you mean "no response to an UDP packet", only 333networks would suffer from that, as it would keep waiting and waiting for a response, hogging memory. I am touched by your concern for my server.

Oh, and the "hacked by 333networks.com" sounded pretty cool, until you announced it here. Now nobody is ever going to fall for that ever again. Too bad.
billybill wrote:Why am I wasting my time harping on about this?
I am just guessing here; I think you are obsessed with this.
Half a year ago you were going to build your own master server to show that the community does not need 333networks. You still did not deliver. Instead, you start nagging about every detail you can find or make up. On the other hand, I stand my ground. I listen to the input of different communities, and I try to heed all of their advice/suggestions. I am not a super-developer that can do everything in the blink of an eye, but at least I try to listen to everybody and do something with what they say, even your suggestions!

I have no fight with you. I am not trying to fight, insult or discredit you, nor anyone else. If you can not stand that 333networks is making progress on different fronts, then I am very sorry for you. But that is not my responsibility or problem. I am here for everybody who appreciates it. I am trying my best. I hope that you will realize that at some point.

Something else, SyntaxError started on an inventory of tasks for the master server on http://master.errorist.tk/issues. If you have suggestions/recommendations/bugs, you can tell him via the channels he provided on his site.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:This one's @Noccer. I just want to point out the thousands of unanswered UDP requests sent from 333networks to servers that are uplinked to Epic. You see, I can actually see the interval at which your robot queries Epic's list and then queries all servers that are not already in your database. Of course, gametracker or another service would delete a server from their database after a few missed replies. But not you guys, in fact the count is getting very high and your robot still doesn't seem to get the picture

Why am I wasting my time harping on about this? It's simple, and to prove a point all I'd have to do is use his script, my own robot that logs into the webadmin using a series of default ports and password (Yes I can port scan too!). And change the server name to "Hacked by 333networks.com". I'm sure not long after this some questions would be raised about whether someone should be doing any of this.

Hey you could always go to Epic and ask them to funnel any new server uplinks to yours. That's pretty much it right there, there is nothing I could possibly add to that argument if there ever really was any debate

Edit: Crap, I forgot I'm talking to someone who doesn't know what a bmp image is. Okay so Epic say yes then you won't need to scan the list. Epic say NO and you wouldn't be scanning the list. The fact being that you are being sneaky and don't ask them, probably because you know they will say no because it's not something you should be doing (for reasons highlighted above)
I quote this just for future references.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:yes no problem paper. I intend to edit this post since I despise reading his long posts. I'll put in bold some nice short answers, he can read the long version himself.

OK firstly. It's pretty much fact for those in the know that Epic only asked you this so they could see if you were breaking EULA. They were not missing anything, lol. (If you think they were missing something, well that's you). They never gave you explicit permission to do what you are admitting to here, they probably won't know until somebody points it out to them. They could've wanted to know "what you are doing" and have a quick glance. Epic don't need your code, it's novice stuff, really.

Epic never gave you permission, saying them looking at some of your code is them OKing you querying their entire master server for new servers to mine every 3 minutes is not explicit permission. They would probably set something up that would send you new servers without having to send the old list if you took the right path asked them permission first

Secondly. You are misquoting the facts here, when I say you query their server and then send a request to anything not in your database. That is exactly what I mean. What you are saying about dead links only applies to what is already in your database

I have proof that you are sending unprovoked queries to epic-uplinked servers and even though you never have and never will get a response, you continue to probe over and over again

OK I missed something there, you said you sent me how your server works. I already know how your server works. It's not rocket science, or something to be proud of. Even though you seem to think it is. You have said in the past how proud you are of this script that it collects servers with it's data mining and port scanning and how sad you would be to lose it.

I already know how your code works, I have done it all myself in the past and only took me a couple of minutes to work out how the handshake and interpretation was done from both sides. An actual master server is uplinked to, and not stealing from other lists

To be continued... Sorry, but you really can't display lie after lie and cloak it in long paragraphs in an attempt to lose me or your sheep with confused facts

Edit: screw it I'll finish this now. Yeah I did attempt to set up a master server while the future was uncertain. It would've provided people an alternative. I still have the server on standby but never rushed it into a datacenter because Epic saved the day. Their server probably won't go down or miss a beat for many years to come. This part is important, please read: Why do you continue to lag Epic's server with robots when you don't even mention Rune or Postal2 or any of the numerous games who have decided to give you official endorsement and not imploy their own master-servers like Epic did? And seriously, I actually respect both those games and would gladly start a master server for them. And watch out with your answer to this, I would gladly forward this whole conversation to all companies involved. If your intention is only to mine servers from other masters over and over, just say so
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

@billybill
Darkelarious wrote:So if you want to hear this confirmed, ask them.
Did you ask them?
The only thing I see here are allegations without any proof.
Allegations about things you can do, allegations about things Darkelarious is doing... allegations about things other people think about this issue. I see only you complaining ...not even Epic gives a fuck.
And I know for sure (yeah this is actually something I know about server) Epic can see in the logs if someone is "contacting" their server.

TLDR.:
Show some evidence.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Show evidence of what? Anyone can uplink a server to Epic and see 333networks mass querying it. He says he does it every three minutes. I can't prove he's doing anything illegal. It's my fault for having the port open to the public, all I can do is filter his ip so I don't send a reply every three minutes.

I don't think it's fair to the other master servers at all what he's doing.

I think by now we can safely assume 333networks isn't going away. Me being worried he will scare or flood everyone else offline and then go offline himself does still apply with other games (I would take it to the forums of those games or the email address of the domains owned by those domains, that does include the ones he is sending his packets)

I am still interested in his response, as I might as well start querying the master lists with robots myself. I'd sure like to flood them all offline and steal all their servers be the dominant master server after they all shut down due to irreleventness and being abused. I will be the supreme master list leader who has entries that are uplinked from anywhere. bahaha. Well, it's still far too much of a coincidence and far too much of a risk.

If I see other games being supported on his site I'll be very impressed, the officially supported games should be having direct uplinks directly to his server too, should be no need to continue the port scanning

@Paper: if you have a problem with me asking him these questions. I ask on behalf of all the people who play this game and host services related. If he wants to state things publicly like that he queries other master servers every three minutes and then attempts to add any new servers into his database where they will then recieve a query every 10 mins or so, then that is excellent, he's being honest and even though this stuff is already able to be proven by me or anyone else, it does help. It's far better being out in the open like this than me renaming servers or trying to show people in other ways exactly what he is doing. If you really have a problem with this, I suggest you remove my account here and all my messages. I give you permission to do this if you do not like me pointing out facts or bringing things public. I feel people of the game need to know this stuff. And there's no point throwing around non-facts or going around in circles

"And I know for sure (yeah this is actually something I know about server) Epic can see in the logs if someone is "contacting" their server."

So can you, or anyone else who puts a server in the master list. You can get the ip of every single person who queries the master list simply by putting a server in the master list. Whether epic care or not was not what I was getting at, it's why this is socially accepted. And the question every UTer should ask is "so we have a delay in checking the list or we get timed out because of his mining?. Why is this socially accepted? What if everyone had robots querying the list? What if he was doing it to other servers who people uplink to, at what point does someone say 'alright guys I'm being packeted non stop by this ip, it's obviously not a client, oh it's our competition stealing servers from us, okay so everyone else who hosts a server block this ip and save yourself the trouble, he could've come to us and asked for a direct-line where new servers were sent directly to him but instead he is doing this'

haha, I'm done ranting, that last paragraph might be looking at things before they happen and assuming. The question still remains though why it's socially acceptable this data-mining and if encouraging it and then ten or more other services doing it as well, does it not defeat the purpose of uplinking in the first place and does it not spit in the face of what the code is supposed to efficiently do

Geez, I'm getting tired of playing the knight in shining armor for UT, or the wikileaks or whatever you want to call it. I'll let the rest of the UT community handle this for the time being
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:Whether epic care or not was not what I was getting at, it's why this is socially accepted. And the question every UTer should ask is "so we have a delay in checking the list or we get timed out because of his mining?
Well, I didn't get any timeouts. :noidea ...You did?
'Got the list pretty fast ... therefore no noticeable delay. :???:
I still don't get what you rant about.
billybill wrote: If you really have a problem with this, I suggest you remove my account here and all my messages. I give you permission to do this if you do not like me pointing out facts or bringing things public.
But the problem is you didn't point out facts ...you keep saying "everyone can see it for themselves" ...I can't.
billybill wrote: And there's no point throwing around non-facts or going around in circles
And just because it would be absolute pointless to throw around non-facts, turns your allegations into facts?
I don't think so.

btw.
We delete accounts on request of the account user, or when the account is set up by a pesky spambot.
But never because we dislike someone.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:That's funny. I accuse him, he admits, but because you are too lazy to check and don't believe me I have to post the proof here? I've explained twice in the last post exactly how to check for *anyone* who is denying what has been said, and even directly aimed the post at you. If you don't understand how to find the ip address of 333networks and then check your firewall that's probably something you should learn. I'm going to take him admitting it as more than enough proof and if he denied it, I'd still ask why you couldn't check for yourself before dismissing it. Notably your server would show up on the front page of 333networks under the 'new servers' section so you can skip all of the firewall stuff.

I'll tell you what, would you stake your reputation on the fact that I'm misleading you?. See how it goes both ways? Here's a question to ponder, how do you think the site knows your server exists? It's not an allegation. It's like science or math where you explain the formula to get a result. In this case you uplink to epic you get harassed by 333networks. In fact it is you that is makes the allegation that it is not true who would have to provide proof to the contrary which would be impossible, yet you have said you don't receive anything from 333networks. When even he admits it, this comments seemed more than a little bias, no?

And I am telling you, if you don't agree with me pointing out facts for the larger community, or people discussing if something that is tolerated or deemed acceptable should be, then by all means you have my permission to then delete my account and messages