Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
avresdanisman
Average
Personal rank: FenerBahce

Re: Screenshots

Post by avresdanisman »

:rock:
Attachments
9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png
14.png
avresdanisman
Average

Post by avresdanisman »

Attachments
2.png
3.png
4.png
6.png
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Either you can not take decent screenshots ore you are seriously playing with 16 Bit Colour Depth. Although it hurts to look on the screenshots because of that, however its a decent start but you screwed up the skybox. The SkyZone Info is normaly always supposed to be in the exactly middle of the skybox cube. Or something else is completly wrong there, it really looks very strange.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

yeah textures are ugly (low quality), some trims are welcome and the skybox is weird. It's impossible to see that desert from the top if you're looking from below, also you can clearly see the edge of the textures at screen #5.
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

i can only repeat what previously was mentioned.
The colored are washed out, it is usualy a matter of incorrect lighting.
Making all those structures look more real: it is usualy referred as trimming, but to be honest, you need to be more architectural. Lets take those arched gates for example. If they were just simply cut into the wall, you still shoud see the sides of those stone blocks. However, it would still look awkward, since arched gates are not just simple arched holes cut into the masonry: there is an arch built from voussoirs to support the wall above the doorway. It can be modelled either by chosing a proper arch texture, or building a solid arch (half of a hollow cylinder work well) and alaigning the simple stone/brick textures so they look like voussoires.

I usualy like to spend a lot of time to alaign texture and geometry.
Isotoxin
Adept
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by Isotoxin »

missing Xpickups doublespeed or smtng....
avresdanisman
Average

Post by avresdanisman »

Thank you for your alerts. :)
irridium77
Novice
Personal rank: Bunnytrack mapper

Post by irridium77 »

BT-Mordor

I'ma ut the entire thing in a huge cavern like thingy... :loool:
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Make a DM version of BT-Mordor also - if it is large and cavernous! :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Hook wrote:Make a DM version of BT-Mordor also - if it is large and cavernous! :tu:
Just WHEN start non-modder finally begin to understand not every map is suitable for every gametype. Specially BT and DM: Thats a difference like day and night. This would require a complete reconstruction from the ground up. Jesus! I told you already the last time and besides the world is "spammed" with a lot of DM maps. :roll:
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

btw where do you guys get those nice tools for tori, platonic solids, purple stairs (what is for btw? why purple).
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

SzGergo wrote:btw where do you guys get those nice tools for tori, platonic solids, purple stairs (what is for btw? why purple).
You mean the additional brush builder tools?!
Here it comes. A simple installer:
UED2_Tools.zip
(636.44 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
And something which is surely not very known but nevertheless a good addition as well:
UnrealEdEx.zip
(9.14 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Add the 3 bmps into the ...\System\editorres folder of your UT installation and add UnrealEDEX as editpackages line into your UnrealTournament.ini.
About to be non-active
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Creavion wrote:
Hook wrote:Make a DM version of BT-Mordor also - if it is large and cavernous! :tu:
Just WHEN start non-modder finally begin to understand not every map is suitable for every gametype. Specially BT and DM: Thats a difference like day and night. This would require a complete reconstruction from the ground up. Jesus! I told you already the last time and besides the world is "spammed" with a lot of DM maps. :roll:
Very aware of it. :tu: (been a mapper for 11+ years now) :agree1:
But I have found a good number of conversions that a very suited for DM - even if alterations are needed sometimes.
When will people understand That?
Why would you object to it?
If a map is good, and it looks good for another gametype, than so be it. :wink:
There is always a good need for good DM maps - even now, especially on our special new mod servers. :rock:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
irridium77
Novice
Personal rank: Bunnytrack mapper

Post by irridium77 »

right now i'm so high,,, I don't realise what DM is...
Nvmd, carry on

:gj:
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Depends of what you think mapping can be, some might even call "add pickups to an existing map" mapping. I am not joking. Care to show me your work? BTW: Its also a difference if you construct some brushes for a period of months or if you map really intensive, everytime with the goal to give your best and trying to improve. Modding is art and not mass production, at least this is what it should be.
If you want that as DM map, you either can ask him to make a DM map similar looking from the visual aspect, but adapted to DM/botmatch gameplay or you search something else like on those sites:
http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/Dow ... mMapsA.htm,
http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/DeathMatch/,
http://www.gamefront.com/files/listing/ ... Deathmatch
Again the differences: BT maps are "jump and run" obstacle courses, mostly with linear progressing gameplay - only suitable for human players, DM maps are (usually) maps with several connected layers, also pathed for bots. The gameplay of those both gametypes has NOTHING common. You can convert DM maps to DOM and other way around, Assault maps usually work as Monsterhunt (maybe other way around as well), but this is one of the examples which does NOT work. Its just not enough to add some more playerstarts and changing the gametype, this requieres much more work if you want GOOD DM maps.
Its really a frustrating development. Good looking maps with great and complex layer gameplay get bashed and trolled because of their > 300 kb size or just get ignored while redeemer cube maps seem to get prefered. Even if I only map for a minority, I will never fall down with my work under a certain quality level. Its way to simple to create some simple maps, usually it does not take a lot of time while the quality levels need much more input of how they should be done.
About to be non-active