DM-B3AtomicEngineCore

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

DM-B3AtomicEngineCore

Post by EvilGrins »

This is an edit of an existing CTF map, one of a number of such I've done for redeemer arena matches. This map can be used for standard play but that's up to you.

Map has 2 Pooters (GasBags) on it, designed to take multiple redeemer hits. Or you could kill it with a translocator if you can't hack playing against them otherwise.

RedeemerArena mutator included, put those files into your /system folder. Put the map into the /maps folder.

Enjoy:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5nfwe2ez48bq944
The .zip does not contain the file Mayhem.umx as I thought it was part of the UT basic install.
Mayhem.umx
http://www.mediafire.com/?eg3ws11xgd1n0mm
Last edited by EvilGrins on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Re: DM-B3AtomicEngineCore

Post by FraGnBraG »

ah, my good buddy blito :) i presume you asked him first ... ?
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I'm guessing....no?

EG is about to learn an important lesson, and the friendship with a certain :granade: KAAL :shock1: doesn't help much.

EG, you and I have had our differences but if you modified without permission you are going to get smacked pretty hard in here. Do yourself a favor and learn from this and don't do it again. KAAL is on the outside looking in and if you work in his style I can assure you that help will be much less forthcoming across UT forums.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

Better to make own maps than meh edits imo
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

FraGnBraG wrote:ah, my good buddy blito :) i presume you asked him first ... ?
I had the map but no contact information for the guy. I credited him, in the selection window for it, best I can do.
JackGriffin wrote:I'm guessing....no?
EG is about to learn an important lesson, and the friendship with a certain :granade: KAAL :shock1: doesn't help much.
You know, I can only tell you this so many times before it gets ridiculous: I AM NOT FRIENDS WITH KAAL!

Jack, ol' boy, you and I are closer friends than I am with Kaal, and you don't like me much at all.
Metalfist wrote:Better to make own maps than meh edits imo
Probably but sadly I cannot make them as yet, or possibly ever. Editing, somewhat, I can do fine.
JackGriffin wrote:EG, you and I have had our differences but if you modified without permission you are going to get smacked pretty hard in here. Do yourself a favor and learn from this and don't do it again. KAAL is on the outside looking in and if you work in his style I can assure you that help will be much less forthcoming across UT forums.
I don't use his style. Having reviewed all his posts here and the blatant way he talked over you guys and was a rude little git, I can easily say I am nothing like him. I get permission when i can but if I can't, I'll get it later.

I was making edits of skins from Chris Ollis' work long before i knew what his name was. When I found out who he was, years after the fact, I tracked down his contact info and asked him if it was okay. He loved the fact someone was still using his work and encouraged me to continue.

The blito guy that made the map above I edited? I have no clue how to cotact him. Had the map for ages, don't even remember where I first got it.

If any of you know him, feel free to ask him if it's cool for me.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

Probably but sadly I cannot make them as yet, or possibly ever. Editing, somewhat, I can do fine.
Why that? There are tons of tutorials and design tips and tricks on how to make maps in unrealed :confused2:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Metalfist wrote:Why that? There are tons of tutorials and design tips and tricks on how to make maps in unrealed :confused2:
True but I've yet to look at one, and I've seen several, where I had an idea or a concept of something that I was just dying to make. Very likely I won't have the strong impulse to make a map all my own until something fairly unique, or at least something that's not been done much at all, pops into my noggin that I absolutely have to make.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

That's all great, UT needs mappers to keep it fresh. There is just an established protocol that you should follow concerning using other people's work and it's not
That's your job, not mine.
I get permission when i can but if I can't, I'll get it later.
That's not going to do it either. A person can get away with it a couple of times but that's about as far as you can go. I'm not at all picking on you, in fact I've been helping you here and there. We will likely always have a mutual dislike but that doesn't prevent us from having civil discussions and this is one you'd do well to listen to me about. Once a person crosses that line too much and the dev community labels them as 'someone that steals other's work' you'll find doors begin to shut and help becomes quite hard to get.

Permissions are something that dev's hold near and dear. FnB jumped right to the point on this and he's pretty typical of the response you'll get. I notice you posted these UT99 threads around other forums and you get few responses. You can deny KAAL and I understand your points, however the community views anything associated with his name as off-limits. If I were you I'd never use his name again and I would dump the map he made and never use that again either. It's just too much baggage from someone that created massive ill will across the U-verse.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Fine... but for the record, you mentioned Voldemort's name first.

I prefer to discuss him as little as possible. Preferably less.
JackGriffin wrote:
That's your job, not mine.
Well, I looked for contact info and couldn't find it. Unless someone else in this thread would like to suggest a method of contacting blito, I tried.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Not sure but I think he still hangs on at Unreal Playground...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

GEx wrote:Not sure but I think he still hangs on at Unreal Playground...
Here's hoping!
http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/ ... post612691
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Well done EG. That sort of thing will bring you help beyond what you'll ever need. You get known as a respectful dev and many doors will open, I promise you.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

JackGriffin wrote:Well done EG. That sort of thing will bring you help beyond what you'll ever need. You get known as a respectful dev and many doors will open, I promise you.
Just needed someone to point me in the right direction.

As someone told me in PM's the other day, it's ideal if I can but if I can't reach the original creator of something I wanna edit I shouldn't sweat it much. There's a lot of people that made a lot of stuff for UT that are completely unreachable now because they've either moved on or just up and disappeared altogether.

Like Usaar33. Nobody has a clue where he is these days.

I do what I can but sometimes a little help is necessary.

Anywho, this is a Pooter:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Congrats EG for getting permission from B3! :mrgreen:
nice gasbag skin btw...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

GEx wrote:Congrats EG for getting permission from B3! :mrgreen:
nice gasbag skin btw...
Can't take full credit for it. It's from a monster edit done on ut2004. Story went some guy's kid was watching him play UT one day and said the gasbags looked like the Pokemon "geo-dude". So he made a custom monster that threw rocks.

I just got the skin.