Red Pill, Blue Pill

Discussions about UT99
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Red Pill, Blue Pill

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Do you remember the little and not so detailed story I wrote on my first post? (For those who are just having a temporary amnesia: https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6415)
No, I'm not gonna write all the details of that little story, but I'm going to write down its sequel. Yeah, it has a sequel!

Let's talk about those 6 servers I hosted somewhat as a revenge:
I made them able to be shown on every gametype list, they had the current players always to the max, the name of the server and map starting with the 000 ASCII character, it autoset itself as first prefer server and some other "bastard" stuff.
Obviously, all the community were viewing these servers and, after some time, a friend of mine that own a server over there, asked me if I could of remove the 6 servers or at least leave only one of them. Well, he is my friend and I didn't want to hurt his feelings and the feelings of anyone from his server, and so I decided to close these 6 servers, and just put one, that was not so "bastard" (and, anyway, I didn't want to hurt feelings at all .o., not even of the other server and of all the community).
This server was called "DON'T LET THE ADMINS ABUSE YOU", Why this? Cause you know... ...there are many admins(and not just admins) that abuse of their community, in this case, they abuse of the players in their servers.
Problem is, that no one ever tried to wake up the community about this. Servers are few, populated servers are even less in the Unreal master server lists, and that's why, players prefer to lose out and let the admins or whoever abuse of them.
And so, this is why I made that server.
Now, I just wanted to express a meaning, but how could a server itself, express a meaning other than with words?
But with a map, obviously :3 What's better than art to express a meaning?
Before I explain you how the map was, I will tell you what I think about being a mapper, and why not, even a programmer.
When I think about programming something or making a map, I always see it like you're creating the matrix, like you're a god :3 I always like to see how people react when they find out you're a mapper or a programmer, or even when they, even if it was obvious, find out, for the first time, that mappers exists and programmers too. I know it sounds weird that a person never though about a mapper role or a programmer role, but well, it's the truth. I like to see how they are so surprised and fascinated, it's like they find another world, they discover there's someone who made it, and they feel like they are in a matrix, that's how, usually, a mapper or a programmer starts to be a mapper or a programmer.
Anyway, The server had only one map, it was more likely a redirecting server.
The map consists in a small room, inspirated by the room where Morpheus lets Neo to choose between two pills, the Red and the Blue ones, from the first movie of the "The Matrix" serie.
For those who never saw the first movie of "The Matrix", if Neo would of choose the blue pill, he would of forget anything of what happened in that room to come back to the routine life without knowing what's behind the system, if Neo would of choose the red pill, he would of finally discover what's behind the system.
Plus, for those who never saw the first movie of "The Matrix" I would personally recommend you to see it, it's rly interesting :D
In the map, you impersonificate the part of Neo, you're "sit" on a chair, and you can't move anywhere, thanks to a script I made, after a dialogue with Morpheus, you can choose one of the metaphorical pills, by pressing Left mouse button(Red Pill) or Right mouse button(Blue Pill). If you choose the Blue Pill, all the world will becomes in wireframe and you will be redirect to a website I made with some php GET parameters, that explains some stuff. If you choose the Red Pill, a Titan will kill you and at the moment you die, you will be disconnected from the server.
Is there another sequel? Who knows? :3 (except me XD)

The server is not running anymore since some months :( But I hope some of the Unreal community, don't play servers with admins that abuse of them.

Here are the occurrence files for those who wants to see it :) (No mutator needed, the dialogue is inside the weapon XD)
p.s. DO NOT PRESS ESC! LOL

(Idk why to put a screenshoot, but someone asked for it so go for it:
SCR_LTT.png
Attachments

[The extension utx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

LEARNTHETRUTH.u
(4.88 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
LEARNTHETRUTH_MAP.unr
(136.66 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Last edited by PrinceOfFunky on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Red Pill, Blue Pill

Post by papercoffee »

Screenshot?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Take the purple pill; mash them together!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:Screenshot?
Well, it was a map I made 2 or 3 days, and so it wasn't so cool D: But I put the screenshoot now anyway ù_ù
EvilGrins wrote:Take the purple pill; mash them together!
That wasn't a good moment to do a parody but lol...

You know what I think now? I made a script for that map where at a certain moment, a text appear, maybe a more portable version would be cool to make some custom dialogs like on some game missions :agree1:
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

believe me, take the Blue Pill ! :mrgreen:

Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

UTPe wrote:believe me, take the Blue Pill ! :mrgreen:

Nah thanks, I don't need it ;)

But, anyway, only we italians could of do that joke XD
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

"Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without."
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

UTPe wrote:believe me, take the Blue Pill ! :mrgreen:

Metalfist wrote:"Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without."
Ok ...
EvilGrins wrote:Take the purple pill; mash them together!
'Still want to mash them together?
You will never be able to live a normal life again ...and die early ...but you'll die happy.
It's your choice.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:But, anyway, only we italians could of do that joke XD
nope, I don't think italians are the only ones who do jokes about sex, it would really be an annoying world...
I simply like evil and black humor (like a few others here) and you, simply, served this joke on a silver platter :satan:

papercoffee wrote: 'Still want to mash them together?
You will never be able to live a normal life again ...and die early ...but you'll die happy.
It's your choice.
it's obvious, die happy :mrgreen:

...but now I'm scared, what does the White Pill do ? bet or fold ? :???:

Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

UTPe wrote: ...but now I'm scared, what does the White Pill do ? bet or fold ? :???:
Spoiler
That's Alka-Seltzer... or not? :mrgreen: