Question about SetEndCams() and replication

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Question about SetEndCams() and replication

Post by sektor2111 »

Wiki doesn't have a single mistake - do check what I said. Other things were said by Higor but we don't have forum readers...
Remember our G "programmer" describing things at wiki with fake values ? No ? Bad for you, I have 43+ and I can keep some details in memory especially those disturbing ones. That's a sample of let's post crap in a database supposed to be only with valid information. See InventorySpot story, that is usable as PathNode anytime, only people think that is an "bEndPoint" - Including EPIC's mappers - not that much :lol2: .We have maps proving other things - that value I'm not sure if it's even in account at DevPath - I will do more checks in here.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Since I guess we are going a bit OT, what's the moral about what Sektor said? Is the RemoteRole of GameInfo never set in game, staying ROLE_DumbProxy all the time? Is the Wiki wrong about GameInfo having RemoteRole set to ROLE_None?
Wiki is wrong in some things, so although it's a very solid base, it shouldn't be taken blindly. Just like any wiki in fact.
I was even about to edit some stuff there myself, but ended up not actually doing it.

Having that said, as sektor has shown through logs, it doesn't look like GameInfo changes its role ever, and it's ROLE_DumbProxy by default.
In fact, there aren't many classes which change their roles from their defaults, and since every property is public, it's hard to pinpoint on where they might actually be changed without putting the source code in a decent search engine.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

nogardilaref wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Since I guess we are going a bit OT, what's the moral about what Sektor said? Is the RemoteRole of GameInfo never set in game, staying ROLE_DumbProxy all the time? Is the Wiki wrong about GameInfo having RemoteRole set to ROLE_None?
Wiki is wrong in some things, so although it's a very solid base, it shouldn't be taken blindly. Just like any wiki in fact.
I was even about to edit some stuff there myself, but ended up not actually doing it.

Having that said, as sektor has shown through logs, it doesn't look like GameInfo changes its role ever, and it's ROLE_DumbProxy by default.
In fact, there aren't many classes which change their roles from their defaults, and since every property is public, it's hard to pinpoint on where they might actually be changed without putting the source code in a decent search engine.
The way I debug replication is through the creation of a dedicated server, then I connect to it with the same machine as client and there I have both the consoles(Server and Client), I noticed GameInfo never changed RemoteRole, that's why I was so confused, I thought I didn't understand anything about Replication XD...
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"