very strange Mutator(NO_AI)

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Gadavre
Skilled

very strange Mutator(NO_AI)

Post by Gadavre »

Hello. I cant unpack this NO_AI.u and view its code. The code of this mutator prohibits bots run around on the map. Please help to do it. The UCC.exe cant uncompile the file.
Attachments
NO_AI.zip
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: very strange Mutator(NO_AI)

Post by sektor2111 »

Does UCC uncompiling an U file ?
You can do a more simple mutator for messing navigation - it is even smaller than this one compilable normally.
No_AI is being for whoever wants to ruin paths through a Level and It is not compiled normally. You cannot compile it using default methods. Source-code is here, I've done it.
NO_AI.7z
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
This is what other communities should do if they don't like paths rather than teaching their mappers to do garbage Levels. Ruining Navigation is easy as a pie.
How about this one ? It can be compiled and... with a bit of commands (mutate commands to implement for future) it can be a subject even for mapping.
No_Nav.zip
(2.85 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
This works as a Server-Side properly and Camper servers probably can use such things rather than empty maps. Navigation can be disabled/enabled timed or via commands for more advanced tools.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

Thank!!! I :tu: I thought that the Mutator forces bots to use the command "Hold" :)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Ah, that's another doable stuff. Roam but stay from time to time... I'll do it another time, I have something in testing/working stage right now.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

This gives me an idea for a mutator in which bots keep mindlessly firing their weapons around and they get more ammo than the average player, and when they are killed, the bot respawns but a new bot would spawn as well doing the same thing.
I wonder what kind of hilariously chaotic experience would that provide... :satan:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You can see that in just about any PUG server :loool:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

All it needs is controlling when weapon runs out of ammo, else no one is interested in dumb things. Bot is very easy to be convinced in firing weapons to a spot. Not only Bot firing is the goal of sniping, clowns must do checks about the load but they seems to only copy incomplete codes done as samples without improving nothing. In opposite direction I might do a mutator for seekers, human finding other opponents as Bot does, I see people frustrated about Bot being able to hunt them down, we can use all Pawn capabilities in doing the same task. It will work only in maps with good paths or with mods able to spread paths else - LOL hunting. Mod will crash servers with default Engine and Warp-Zones... (not my server, of course).

As a bit
Off-Topic
I have a map where monsters behind some small walls are not engaged in combat if players are not making noise. I intend to make bot to do some noise firing in random spots. Purpose is just to start battling around. All I need is to write a controller around that zone (with zone iterator) - I want to run that limited not "foreach"-ing all map. At this moment A.I. is enough polished I want the rest (some spawn-able decorations to add). I really want something improved for an original map - it was the first MH map which I saw ON-Line while I was facing my first day playing MH...
End of Off-Topic.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

i sent you private message
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I read it, soon I will post some stuff like a "map-patcher" in initial somehow operational stage just for sharing my personal understanding how to draw paths in maps with bad spots and even to slap down nasty ones. Coding level required for deal is UScript in a bit of advanced skill, there is no stuff like objects or memory hooks or complex maths, just basics in tweaking Navigation, and no navigation due to spots badly messing up unreal engine - DevPath doesn't work there, but... somehow MBot can make some noise around... is not based on that "new class bla bla" it USES ONLY simple destructible actors, and it works.

How to figure if it does work ? See original map(s) described (will be posted also some read-me) and not shared with mod - they can be found in any "UT download" locations, and then compare them by using said "mutator". Not gonna mention XC_Engine for 100000000 times because I will crash with iterations limits, LOL, but this "paths-screwing" stuff is IMPOSSIBLE to run without XCGE or other "Editor like" natives. Mod uses techs from GunLoc Mutator shared by Higor - the man behind stage at ropes, and I was the doll dancing and hitting walls randomly... but I will try to figure the maximum of optimization.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Why would anyone make a mutator to stop bots from moving around?

They're kinda pointless if they can't move.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:Why would anyone make a mutator to stop bots from moving around?
sektor2111 wrote:This works as a Server-Side properly and Camper servers probably can use such things rather than empty maps. Navigation can be disabled/enabled timed or via commands for more advanced tools.
And so on other communities which have no clue about paths anyway due to their style of doing maps and talking non-senses.

Another stuff doable is like Barbie is doing, sort of "map-patcher" checking maps and locking random nodes, simple after all. But because advanced programmers are not moving a finger, we can ask a cable-guy or a mail-man or other non-programmer dude for coding such stuff if is that hard for a programmer.