NewNet for BunnyTrack?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Dizzy
Experienced
Personal rank: Oaf

NewNet for BunnyTrack?

Post by Dizzy »

Recently I have tried using NewNet on my UT BunnyTrack server and it seems to work quite well, however several people have told me that it is not suitable to use with BT on some maps.

Can anyone clarify why this is?

I would like to work on developing a version of NewNet which is compatible with BT maps.
Join the BunnyTrack.net Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: NewNet for BunnyTrack?

Post by nogardilaref »

My own perception of it is that it's a rather closed down mod on its own, meaning that it's mostly focused in PvP matches with just normal weapons and nothing more, and doesn't really play well with other mods at all (last I checked, it often needed to have that kind of support explicitly added for each mod in some sense), since it seems to have been really designed that way with absolutely no consideration for anything else.

Therefore, in that sense, some BT maps might be using custom coded stuff, or even standard stuff which may not work well or at all with NewNet. Since NewNet also "messes" with how the players move afaik, another hypothesis is that since BT relies a lot on movement tricks (dodges and such), as long as triggering events, this may too not work as good or not in the same way at least.
But take it with a grain of salt, it's been a while since I last checked into it, so my own perception might be outdated on this regard.
Dizzy
Experienced
Personal rank: Oaf

Post by Dizzy »

nogardilaref wrote:My own perception of it is that it's a rather closed down mod on its own, meaning that it's mostly focused in PvP matches with just normal weapons and nothing more, and doesn't really play well with other mods at all (last I checked, it often needed to have that kind of support explicitly added for each mod in some sense), since it seems to have been really designed that way with absolutely no consideration for anything else.

Therefore, in that sense, some BT maps might be using custom coded stuff, or even standard stuff which may not work well or at all with NewNet. Since NewNet also "messes" with how the players move afaik, another hypothesis is that since BT relies a lot on movement tricks (dodges and such), as long as triggering events, this may too not work as good or not in the same way at least.
But take it with a grain of salt, it's been a while since I last checked into it, so my own perception might be outdated on this regard.
For my own purposes (i.e. only BT) I don't care about the weapon improvements at all. But NewNet does completely fix my graphics stuttering issue which makes a huge difference to gameplay. Other players have also noticed that the movement is much smoother.

So basically I would be happy if I can remove the code related to weapons and just keep code which improves movement etc.
Join the BunnyTrack.net Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

Join with me I'm developing UltimateNewNet for supporting custom game types & other mods.
--> Monster Match's weapon loading state error
--> Works with movable skyzoned maps
--> Voice pack for Skaarj Trooper added in VA
--> Works with Siege
--> Works with custom game types (not tested)

--> Weapons accuracy improved like standalone game
--> VAHandler works with DoubleJump
--> SLV & RX jump error fixed (Custom versions)
--> Boost fix
--> Grapple weapon bug
--> Enforcer weapon post reload animation added
--> LMS++ latest version added inside NewNet
--> Added HammerDamagePri, HammerDamageSec & HammerDamageSelf options
--> Added TeamShockEffects option
--> Added DisableShootingCarcass option
--> Added SetPendingWeapon option
--> Added BoostThreshold option
--> Rocket hit bug fixed
--> Shock rifle bug fixed
--> Pulse secondary hidden beam fixed
--> HUD timer improved
--> Works with Bunny Track (not tested fully)
--> Still testing
http://forum.ultimateut.tk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=987
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

we use zp103 on Bt works fine accept on certain occasions the weapon is not ghosted. noghost / ghost fixes it though
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Qwerty wrote:we use zp103 on Bt works fine accept on certain occasions the weapon is not ghosted. noghost / ghost fixes it though
Keep in mind that NewNet also focuses on the player's movement for improvement as ZP only focus on the fragging timing. So with NewNet being added to BT, the players playing/rushing the map will be a bit different in comparison but in a better way. :wink:
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Chamberly wrote:
Qwerty wrote:we use zp103 on Bt works fine accept on certain occasions the weapon is not ghosted. noghost / ghost fixes it though
Keep in mind that NewNet also focuses on the player's movement for improvement as ZP only focus on the fragging timing. So with NewNet being added to BT, the players playing/rushing the map will be a bit different in comparison but in a better way. :wink:

I prefer the stock UT movement. I feel it doesn't need to be changed. ;) zp103 is great when hitting movers and buttons and of course boosting.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB