Terraniux's new map: MH-CrystalMine4

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Terraniux's new map: MH-CrystalMine4

Post by EvilGrins »

Don't know how many of you know of Terraniux, he does good work but I don't think I've ever seen him on this forum. Anyway, he's been working on an epically huge & intricate MH map for months now and it just became available this morning.

Well, morning for me... not sure where in the world he is.

Here · http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/the- ... 53-30.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Higor
Godlike

Re: Terraniux's new map: MH-CrystalMine4

Post by Higor »

No bot pathing?
FerBotzNOT a problem!

EDIT
Serious now, gonna test and DL.
If I like it I might even provide the Botz pathing file :ironic:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Swear that they won't cheat doors :loool:.

Edit: Now serious things.
I'm totally interested if you are using other DevPath (spoken already somewhere) because in first area, until after firsts Doors and over that tiny ledge DevPath not works, after that ledge any RememberSpot can be found. In a beta version I was trying some triggers which helped a bit without using DevPath.

Edit2: Other map from 512k contest (OoeyGooey) I don't know how were done brushes but it was developing the same issue. I cannot say what was there since brushes have been deleted after build. Any attempt to force pathing couldn't deliver nothing from down area to RocketLauncher from TOP :noidea .
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Map needs to be repathed to work.
No other choice here, sorry.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Higor wrote:Map needs to be repathed to work.
If possible, I'd really like the other 3 CrystalMines to be botpathed as well :)
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Give DL links.
Even after fixing the navigation point eraser in FerBotz I couldn't get it to work, so I'll just repath and resave the maps with a "_Bot" at the end.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Already done - simply NOT works. You are the man able to look for such "internal" issues - there are blue lines, required nodes added, entire area has been reworked in a prior version and not worked at beginning at all. Editor sometimes fool mapper, it shows paths but DevPath NOT works. I'm sure about what I'm saying because I know how to check paths.
In a beta version were added WayPoints and Triggers to move Bot from start location. And I can speak about a lot of such bugs in other maps by other people too.
UnrealGecko wrote:
If possible, I'd really like the other 3 CrystalMines to be botpathed as well :)
That I guess it's doable too, I have a personal AfterDark version for Off-Line. If you are interested Hit me on Skype. If CM3 doesn't include the same geometry bugs like this one I can put up some Bot fight. I can even try to deal with that Boat...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

For those who've played the map, you probably noticed the final boss is the well named "Godmode Titan" which I tried killing with standard weapons (for over an hour) before I exited out and went a little overkill on it.

Hey, it worked!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It's a hard job to kill a Titan with such a DrawScale because of cylinder resulted. Already a normal Titan is like in God Mode for certain projectiles (ShockBall - alternateFire, normal Biogel - primary fire). More monsters useless set with a dumb DrawScale make things bad even with RocketLauncher.
Given the troubles from this Level it needs more edits for sure...
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Tried reducing pickup count to half, making better paths and experimental PlayerStarts that can spawn the player in various different locations around it (one player start per area) and the initial part of the map still won't respond to FindPath() calls.
Might as well put said playerstart code somewhere later.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:and the initial part of the map still won't respond to FindPath() calls
As I said...
Initial subtracted cube has many solid adds drilled with other subtracts making a brush soup. I am supposed to believe that DevPath is unable to gain access to pawn supposed stucked in a solid wall. As I know so far you cannot find path even as spectator before to start game as long as Physics are not usable for normal navigation happening everywhere.
Given current case I don't know native DevPath's criteria in pawn accept or denial. I'm only truly confused about what shows Editor and what I have in game (is not the single map like this). Also I know that if you get over 1000 paths console speaks clearly, Bot behaves like a monument of dumbness because cannot see things around even if has navigable nearby nodes.
This is not the case of 1000 paths but something evil occurs since after passing that Karma start cube, Bots start hunting like rockets. I'm very interested what leads in this ruin of DevPath in such zone. What any other Dev thing is bugged in this case?

Note: While a rebuild operation I have noticed breaks in operating brushes - which is not normal, also breaks in adding reachspecs - possible both these leads in something broken. Also I changed that crap TimeDilation 5.000000 because makes a Classic setting of a MH server to not run properly - client has movement troubles (still wonder if has been properly tested this Level). Also I added portals to split zones - doesn't help at all. IN first cube DevPath seems to not exist.