Ut2k4 Turrets ported to UT99 (BETA)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Ut2k4 Turrets ported to UT99 (BETA)

Post by SilverSound »

Yep you read the topic correctly. I've managed to port 2 turrets from Ut2004. The floor sentinel and an unused ceiling cannon. I plan on adding the ball turret and ceiling sentinel. (maybe on the second one)

It has sounds and textures straight from UT2004.

Here is the download plus a map I made showing them off.
CTF-SandF.unr
The map.
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
Cannons.u
NEW cannons file
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
It was kinda fun to make. (I was bord...let's be honest lol)

The turrets have their quirks. For some reason the AI hate the turrets. Weather they are on the same team or not.

Not sure why that is.

The texture on the Sentinels kinda weird. There are some white spots in some places. This happend when I Converted the color to 24 bit (from 32) ((Read somewhere the engine didn't like 32 but color textures on import))

Let me know what you think.

The map was a test of detail-ish.
Last edited by SilverSound on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Re: Ut2k4 Turrets ported to UT99

Post by Spectra »

Works good!

I get logs errors:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: FloorTurretGun CTF-SandF.FloorTurretGun0 (State Cannons.FloorTurretGun.Idle:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Activate' not found in Mesh 'FloorTurretGunA2'
ScriptWarning: FloorTurretGun CTF-SandF.FloorTurretGun1 (State Cannons.FloorTurretGun.Idle:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Activate' not found in Mesh 'FloorTurretGunA2'
ScriptWarning: CeilingCannon CTF-SandF.CeilingCannon1 (State Cannons.CeilingCannon.Idle:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Activate' not found in Mesh 'CeilingCannonA2'
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
DevMusic: Load music: Music Organic.Organic
ScriptWarning: CTFGame CTF-SandF.CTFGame0 (Function Botpack.CTFGame.ReduceDamage:003A) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: FloorTurretGun CTF-SandF.FloorTurretGun0 (Function Cannons.FloorTurretGun.Shoot:0133) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: FloorTurretGun CTF-SandF.FloorTurretGun0 (Function Cannons.FloorTurretGun.Shoot:0133) Accessed None
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Oh. I forgot to name one of the animations activate.

I don't know why there are access nones. Same shoot code for team cannon. Also wtf is the game doing calling reduce damage..... ill have to look into this a bit later. Need more sleep.

Thanks for the info.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

perhaps in future you will remember to name any first release of a mod, "Beta" :wink:
Once it has been tested on several setups with different mods and mutators, it should be safe for a proper release :tu:
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Dr.Flay wrote:perhaps in future you will remember to name any first release of a mod, "Beta" :wink:
Once it has been tested on several setups with different mods and mutators, it should be safe for a proper release :tu:
That is true. Though I honestly thought it was all good when I released this. There aren't any game breaking bugs.

I also think The Bot related accessnones are related to @sektor2111 's MBots.

The one in the Shoot function is still a lost cause for me. There is absolutely no way it could possibly access anything that isn't something. It's code from team cannon. TeamCannon doesn't have issues!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

SilverSound wrote:I also think The Bot related accessnones are related to @sektor2111 's MBots.
Before thinking, try default BOTs first, and then I'll see what are we have to fix if error says
"MBot_C.MBot_C.Something Accessed Nones"
else I don't have any error Bot related in console, First Of ALL CTFGAME is NOT FOR CANNONS :omfg: >> CTFGAme AssesBotAttitude is just CTFGAME and nothing with MBot Ask Epic for a new BotPack.

Edit:
After taking a short race using my CTFGame I still went to these:

ScriptWarning: FloorTurretGun CTF-SandF.FloorTurretGun0 (State Cannons.FloorTurretGun.Idle:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Activate' not found in Mesh 'FloorTurretGunA2'
ScriptWarning: FloorTurretGun CTF-SandF.FloorTurretGun1 (State Cannons.FloorTurretGun.Idle:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Activate' not found in Mesh 'FloorTurretGunA2'
ScriptWarning: CeilingCannon CTF-SandF.CeilingCannon1 (State Cannons.CeilingCannon.Idle:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Activate' not found in Mesh 'CeilingCannonA2'
ScriptWarning: CeilingCannon CTF-SandF.CeilingCannon1 (Function Engine.Pawn.AdjustHitLocation:0091) GetAnimGroup: Sequence 'Activate' not found in Mesh 'CeilingCannonA2'
ScriptWarning: CeilingCannon CTF-SandF.CeilingCannon1 (Function Engine.Pawn.AdjustHitLocation:0091) GetAnimGroup: Sequence 'Activate' not found in Mesh 'CeilingCannonA2'
ScriptWarning: FloorTurretGun CTF-SandF.FloorTurretGun1 (Function Cannons.FloorTurretGun.Shoot:0133) Accessed None
What has to do MBot with these Cannon errors ??? Seriously... I'm not that convinced about your cannons.

Edit:
File fixed, but... I can telefrag cannons so... I think I'll setup a class in How To Telefrag cannons for MBot_D, and then Accessed Nones are going to be vanished ( even I don't have any right now :| ), any stock translocator compatible game-type doesn't include cannons in stock maps because are utterly useless against translocator.
And major hint:
Like I have mentioned already, I'm not using LIMITED default game-types, Monsters do errors in default games, other pawns do the same problems, why should I use them since I have my own ones... purposedly done for team creatures. So I don't have any ReduceDamage errors, neither assesbotattitude, neither killed, scorekill, THESE are game-type errors not Bot Errors.
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

sektor2111 wrote:
SilverSound wrote:I also think The Bot related accessnones are related to @sektor2111 's MBots.
Before thinking, try default BOTs first, and then I'll see what are we have to fix if error says
"MBot_C.MBot_C.Something Accessed Nones"
else I don't have any error Bot related in console, First Of ALL CTFGAME is NOT FOR CANNONS :omfg: >> CTFGAme AssesBotAttitude is just CTFGAME and nothing with MBot Ask Epic for a new BotPack.

Edit:
After taking a short race using my CTFGame I still went to these:

ScriptWarning: FloorTurretGun CTF-SandF.FloorTurretGun1 (Function Cannons.FloorTurretGun.Shoot:0133) Accessed None
What has to do MBot with these Cannon errors ??? Seriously... I'm not that convinced about your cannons.

Edit:
File fixed, but... I can telefrag cannons so... I think I'll setup a class in How To Telefrag cannons for MBot_D, and then Accessed Nones are going to be vanished ( even I don't have any right now :| ), any stock translocator compatible game-type doesn't include cannons in stock maps because are utterly useless against translocator.
And major hint:
Like I have mentioned already, I'm not using LIMITED default game-types, Monsters do errors in default games, other pawns do the same problems, why should I use them since I have my own ones... purposedly done for team creatures. So I don't have any ReduceDamage errors, neither assesbotattitude, neither killed, scorekill, THESE are game-type errors not Bot Errors.

Oh! thanks for remindsing me. I already fixed the cannons. The anim errors. I'll upload the fix.

and don't abuse my cannons!!! :mad2:
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Ut2k4 Turrets ported to UT99 (BETA)

Post by sektor2111 »

But they die so nice... :)
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

Downloading!!!!!! :rock:
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Nephew9999 wrote:Downloading!!!!!! :rock:

Tell me what you think. I'm going to start on the ball turret soon.