=Food Fight= for MonsterHunt

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

=Food Fight= for MonsterHunt

Post by EvilGrins »

I wanted to suggest something to those working on this, but there's no active FF threads for me to use without a serious necro-bump:
JackGriffin wrote:Excuse the FF stuff. I'm working in that right now making an MH version of the weapons.
papercoffee wrote:
JackGriffin wrote:@EG: As for your aside....things are....ummm...afoot. :agree1:
ssshhhhhhh ...don't spill the beans.
Idea came to me from 2 other modifcations: NW3 & Dark Magik.

1) In NW3 there are Cybots, little mechanical friends that will fight who you fight:

2) In Dark Magik you use spellbooks, magic spells, and mana. One of the spells is the "Dark Summon" which calls in a monster to fight who you fight:

So, in order to make FF work better in MH, why not employ some kind of Food Based creature that will come to your rescue. Maybe something between the PearMan (an existing foody type creature) and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Thoughts?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: =Food Fight= for MonsterHunt

Post by papercoffee »

We have already implemented many little friends you can summon to fight for you... they are called bullets :mrgreen:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:they are called bullets :mrgreen:
Ah, but the mod is called "Food" Fight. You're fighting with food, thus there are no bullets.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

To me I think using cybots is just cheap, no-danger kills. You can spam them out a window and never be in danger. I think they ruin NW3 when they are used, but that's just me.

That being said I have toyed with the idea of making some sort of "monster master" class where your primary weaponry is taking control and using monsters to fight other monsters. Really though that's outside the scope of a weapons mod and more in line with a RPG type server. I always appreciate suggestions but I think this one falls outside what this mod is all about.

Interestingly enough though there *is* the Chef Fucker brute that already exists. Perhaps someone would like to do this?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Or a super monster could be spawned like the Chef of Hell (Xan) but instead of helping is it hunting and sabotaging you... :twisted:

:shock:

Now we need a voice pack... If only I had a microphone.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

JackGriffin wrote:toyed with the idea of making some sort of "monster master" class where your primary weaponry is taking control and using monsters to fight other monsters
There's something like that called MonsterMash, I believe. It's one of the primary ads on a forum I keep meaning to check out.
JackGriffin wrote:Interestingly enough though there *is* the Chef Fucker brute that already exists. Perhaps someone would like to do this?
Chef Fucker is food related... and as there is an actual Xan-Boss monster, I've toyed with skinning it with that Xan-chef skin paper made a stretch back.
papercoffee wrote:Now we need a voice pack... If only I had a microphone.
If you wanna suggest an insane evil chef, I'm attaching a fun voicepack.
Attachments
LaughPack.zip
(582.33 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

(from another thread)

Y'know, this carrot warrior would make a welcome addition to the =Food Fight= team... or at least a foodie monster:
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

paper and I are really close to a release version of these weapons. I wanted to thank you in particular for prodding me with the Cyberus. Let's just say that FF weapons MH version will ship with the single most powerful weapon to ever battle in MH. It *will* kill every monster you face, Cyberus included. That bastard can take a level 5 nuke and laugh but spray him with paper's halapenjo hot sauce and he burns up like a ginger on the equator.

More to come.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

JackGriffin wrote:I wanted to thank you in particular for prodding me with the Cyberus.
You're welcome.
JackGriffin wrote:It *will* kill every monster you face, Cyberus included. That bastard can take a level 5 nuke and laugh but spray him with paper's halapenjo hot sauce and he burns up like a ginger on the equator.
Oh, it certainly burns from the Jalapeno... it just doesn't die · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/111811.html
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote: Oh, it certainly burns from the Jalapeno... it just doesn't die · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/111811.html
Well... be surprised.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

You ever get that feeling that people don't pay attention to what you are saying?
JackGriffin wrote:Let's just say that FF weapons MH version will ship with the single most powerful weapon to ever battle in MH. It *will* kill every monster you face, Cyberus included.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

...uhm...
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

FF weapons for MH is done and I have sent the final to paper. It needs a readme to maybe explain a couple of things but it's up to him if it gets released. It was my intention to run a demo server for a bit to let you test the mod out but my redirect service is due to be paid tomorrow and I'm not going to renew it since I'm working in Arma now and that engine does not require the service. I hope you get to see and use it, I crafted the weapons in the way I would have made them from the start and I'm super happy with the results. Now they are fast, deadly, and still humorous and funny.

Good luck EG.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I'll release this mod update ...but first I have to edit a MH map to have an example map for Food Fight MH.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:I'll release this mod update ...but first I have to edit a MH map to have an example map for Food Fight MH.
Don't wanna try it on the same map you learned Food Fight wasn't enough?
papercoffee wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: · Food Fight, finish map in 2 hours (=FF= really wasn't designed for fighting monsters)
What? Pussy!
... Now you got me interested. I'll just download this map and proof that you can beat it with Food Fight in shorter time.
Is everything in MyLevel? Or do I have to install some odd files to run this thing?
I have to correct myself ...it's impossible.
Go get 'em · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11984