=Food Fight= Monster Hunt Edition - official thread

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: =Food Fight= Monster Hunt Edition - official thread

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:Okay, something weird. I haven't made any alterations to the FoodFight version of the map, but now I can no longer pick up the Brocconade.
If you mean the edited Garden map ...you put the Brocconade ammo in the map as it seems ....have to check it out.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:If you mean the edited Garden map ...you put the Brocconade ammo in the map as it seems ....have to check it out.
Yeah.

If you're using the full on MH-FF mutator you have all weapons, but I left FF-ammo and whatnot all over... but you can't pick-up the brocconade ammo.

Think I may've left it too close to the ground.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:
papercoffee wrote:If you mean the edited Garden map ...you put the Brocconade ammo in the map as it seems ....have to check it out.
Yeah.

If you're using the full on MH-FF mutator you have all weapons, but I left FF-ammo and whatnot all over... but you can't pick-up the brocconade ammo.

Think I may've left it too close to the ground.
The ini was changed to prevent that the player has the Brocconade from the start... And that's the problem in your map. You put only the ammo but not the weapon in the map. I try to replace the ammo with the actual weapon. :mrgreen:

Edit------------------------
Yup ...fixed the map thanks to sektor's UEd-tool viewtopic.php?p=97455#p97455
Everything works fine now.

I'll upload the map with a little readme later.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Ok ...I need a little help here.
I have fixed the map so you can pick up the Brocconade ammo and some other little things. But I want a little bit more.

I placed a fast-sprocket deco (the one Barbie made for me) in the first zone on this Deco should be a Teleporter placed which activates and becomes visible only if you cleared the first wave inclusive the bunnies/flies with a message that you have to clear the next area to activate the destination ...then, when you cleared monsters and the bunnies in the second zone the first destination gets activated (which could be in this small tower where the shieldbelt is placed). if you cleared the next zone the second destination is unlocked etc.
I want this teleporter set-up to avoid too much long and boring walking through an empty map.
And the bots could reach you much faster to help you in your fight.

It's always a one way teleporter with triggered (unlocked) destinations. If you activate the next destination the former one got locked again. How do I do this? I've never used triggers. :?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:a Teleporter [...] which activates and becomes visible only if you cleared the first wave
Usually I solve this with a mover: put Mover and Teleporter somewhere in the void, set Teleporter.Movement.AttachTag == Mover.Tag and let the Mover/Teleporter move into playground on an Event.
For the teleporting destinations I'm not sure what your want: several pairs of source and destination teleporters or just one source teleporter with several different destinations? The latter is not possible with stock teleporters. But you can realize that with warp zones or a custom teleporter or a property changer or ...
papercoffee wrote:I want this teleporter set-up to avoid too much long and boring walking through an empty map.
Then you should also add some hints what direction players have to follow. I played this map a few times, and if you are in an empty area it is impossible to decide what direction goes to start and what to end.
Last edited by Barbie on Fri May 26, 2017 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Sounds interesting, can't wait to try it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bot always follows the shortest route - teleporter way on purpose. But... if you speak about that map where Bot doesn't move because it overrides all Engine's A.I. capabilities, good luck with fake navigation tweaking. In that map all navigation is based on a stupid push code based on a sort of trigger which I wrote for Bot. For a teleporter it needs to get screwed with a "Propertychanger" activated by some dispatcher for preventing multiple triggering... or setting up new Playerstarts activated at a moment where they need to be... I gotta admit I was trying long range paths with XC_PathBuilder, but... a trash map is a trash map - it did not help + I could see XC bugs later - I even crashed game at this point... also in other dumb zoned map - not gonna say names. I don't get these works - insane big maps making player to run 98% of play time and shortcuts needed... because it takes 15 minutes to reach back into battle-field...
My 3072 map is a small child compared with a LongCorridor_d+ after all... because is decently playable, regenerators making it more easier than supposed...