Level Inspiration - Honey by CZG (Quake 1)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Level Inspiration - Honey by CZG (Quake 1)

Post by XaNKoNII »

I thought this would be interesting to share, Unreal shares roots with Quake 1. The first alpha of Unreal was a basic copy of Quake, dark castle halls, but then they took it futher with what the Quake creators had envisoned, an open alien world where you would travel, still Unreal retained many elements such as the intro castle.

Anyway this map is really something to admire, it created a unique Arquitecture type in the Quake1 comunity with its looks and Texture pack. Definitely something worth checking out....

ty_UVj3qc00
Also If you´re interested, I follow this chanel as the guy does some pretty good job talking about and showing Level Design from the prespective of the player wich is something we mappers shouldn´t forget. I will be posting videos like this from time to time if I find them interesting for the comunity :highfive:
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Re: Level Inspiration - Honey by CZG (Quake 1)

Post by Terraniux »

Thank you for sharing. This gives very much inspiriation indeed!

I do the same with another game which I'm currently playing again.

Check this out too! (skip the intro and all that, just focus on the architecture. Simply stunning.
b81yx7wbKVc
This member can only post when permitted.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Re: Level Inspiration - Honey by CZG (Quake 1)

Post by makemeunreal »

I played that game thru so many times! Such a shame it didn't get the sequel and remained pretty obscure.
Awesome game.