My House / Living room Design

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

My House / Living room Design

Post by XaNKoNII »

I don´t know why I didn't try this any sooner, took the liberty of reinventing a little bit as well with the living room :D
I´m mainly doing this to understand space itself in this old Unreal Engine, and how things move in it.
Since I´m using costum textures once I´m done I might release a Texture pack.

Screenshots

Living Room

Original

New Design
Attachments
House.unr
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
Last edited by XaNKoNII on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: My House / Living room Design

Post by EvilGrins »

Nice!

Will this be a too scale map or giant size?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

If I remember right there-s an application for the Kinect One that lets you build rooms with textures, I did something similar with the Kinect 360 resulting on pointclouds, I still have those files of how my room was years ago.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Skerion
Average

Post by Skerion »

EvilGrins wrote:Nice!

Will this be a too scale map or giant size?
Judging by the grid size and viewports in the first image, it looks like the map might be to scale.
PrinceOfFunky wrote:If I remember right there-s an application for the Kinect One that lets you build rooms with textures, I did something similar with the Kinect 360 resulting on pointclouds, I still have those files of how my room was years ago.
I don't think it'd be very feasible to use pointcloud models in ued2. You'd probably have to have a million textures in order to have a good enough resolution, and even then, the model is likely going to be popping a lot if it's just one big room as an actor, since you're going to be constantly looking away from the model's origin.
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Post by XaNKoNII »

I tried my best to do it in real scale, that was the whole point of this exercise: understanding the real life scale to Unreal Tournament
You can have a look at it if you like, all textures are Mylevel´d. This is something i´ll work on time to time like a secondary project so it will take a while before its 100% finished :D

Updated: Download available
PrinceOfFunky wrote:If I remember right there-s an application for the Kinect One that lets you build rooms with textures, I did something similar with the Kinect 360 resulting on pointclouds, I still have those files of how my room was years ago.
Thanks for the Info, I thought about taking pictures and creating the textures myself. But turns out house materials are pretty generic and a 5 second serch got me the textures wich are pretty acurate to the real life equivelents. All I needed to do was convert them to the 256x256 resolution and make them Indexed colour