FeralNostalgiaPack

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: FeralNostalgiaPack

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Also, apparently there's only 1 active spawnpoint on the entire map.
There is only one Player Start in that map. It's a pity you can't play CTF-LavaGiant2 as it is an interesting map that certainly is playable - like I said, try a different renderer.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Yeah, that's an unfinished version of CTF-SimpleSnow.
But that's one of the maps I managed to finish, and today I looked a bit deeper and I noticed I actually have another version, but it requires additional dependencies.

One of them I sorted it out (it was the NeoCairo mod), but the map also seems to need the Mole1T package (which I believe is Mole1T.utx), but upon a quick search I cannot really find it.
If any of you guys have this package in your system, it would be greatly appreciated so I can try to give you guys a more complete version of this map (although I am not sure if this is the complete version either, but at least the spawns are probably ok in this one).
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Feralidragon wrote: .. but the map also seems to need the Mole1T package (which I believe is Mole1T.utx), but upon a quick search I cannot really find it. If any of you guys have this package in your system, it would be greatly appreciated ...
Here you go

[The extension utx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks. :highfive:
After downloading it however, I found out I already had it, it was in the NC_Textures directory from the NeoCairo mod, but since it wasn't reflected in the UnrealTournament.ini it wasn't finding it. :oops:

Either way, I was finally able to open this version, but it actually is not very different from the one in this pack.
It was perhaps a little bit more advanced in terms of progress, but not much further to warrant another release.
If one day I manage to find the complete version I will post it. :)
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I said this before but no one listens.

I discovered if you are in the actor class browser and look at packages, having packages showing, you see them, BUT one day I went to open a package, then canceled opening one.

Right after that in the package list I could see all the other packages that were used in the map. A simple fast easy way to see what was loaded, to my surprise. :shock:

I think after trying to open a package it must do a sweep, or like a refresh and then it shows all the packages.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

CTF-AnotherWorld is great and bot-pathed, but I kinda wanna edit it a bit.

Since as far back as CTF-ProjectX, Capture the Flag with monsters in it has been a happy surprise. Problem is, and I don't recall why, where bots are concerned the Red Team doesn't see normal monsters. Blue Team bots see them and fight them, but Red Team bots react as though they're not even there.

I'd wanna swap the normal monsters with their counterparts from TeamMonsters.u (assigned to Gold Team) and I also wanna swap the trees with more realistic looking ones, like on CTF-FacePalm.

Added Note: Edit somewhat hampered due to all combat monsters on the map being invisible in UnrealEd for some reason.
Attachments
Shot0067.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Added Note: Edit somewhat hampered due to all combat monsters on the map being invisible in UnrealEd for some reason.
In UEd go to VIEW > Group Browser and, in the Groups window that comes up, tick all the boxes that are currently unticked - then you will see all the monsters.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: Added Note: Edit somewhat hampered due to all combat monsters on the map being invisible in UnrealEd for some reason.
In UEd go to VIEW > Group Browser and, in the Groups window that comes up, tick all the boxes that are currently unticked - then you will see all the monsters.
Thankees!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Yeah, some of the maps may have some groups hidden.
Although in my latest maps, upon release, I set all groups to be visible by default on purpose, exactly in case someone wants to check it out, and even maybe do a new version from it.

About this map in particular, unless you've already seen the playthrough videos I linked to, and unless you already did the "tower quest" by clearing the tower from monsters, I would advise you to do go ahead and kill all the monsters in every floor of the tower and look for a hidden wall-door which you need to bump into, so you can unlock some nice things from there.
There are also a few extra things below the tower (at the lava level) and in the Nali villages in the water as well.

Also, if you're about the edit this map, one thing I must point out is that most of the monsters placed there have a specific routine using PatrolPoints and other similar things.
That's why you see the guards moving ahead and look both ways and getting back, guards patrolling the outside and inside of the tower, the Nali doing all sorts of stuff, etc.
So if you just replace them directly, without setting all those up again (mostly concerning monster tags and such if I recall), all of that behavior will be gone.
EvilGrins wrote:Problem is, and I don't recall why, where bots are concerned the Red Team doesn't see normal monsters. Blue Team bots see them and fight them, but Red Team bots react as though they're not even there.
I would have to check, but I would say that it's because teams are represented by an integer number which goes from 0 to 255 (unsigned byte), and 0 is "Red", 1 is "Blue", 2 is "Green" and 3 is "Gold" or "Yellow", while 255 is "no team" (used mostly for team-less skins for when you play solo PvP or PvE games).

So, there's probably a check somewhere concerning on whether or not pawn A is from the same team as pawn B, but since monsters are not assigned a team, for all intents and purposes their team is either 0 or defaults to 0 through an Accessed None error if there's cast somewhere trying to retrieve the team from a pawn which isn't or doesn't have the required actor to define their team correctly.
Therefore, since Red is 0 and Blue is 1, then Blue will attack them thinking they are from the Red team, while the Red team does nothing against them.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Feralidragon wrote:So, there's probably a check somewhere concerning on whether or not pawn A is from the same team as pawn B, but since monsters are not assigned a team, for all intents and purposes their team is either 0 or defaults to 0 through an Accessed None error if there's cast somewhere trying to retrieve the team from a pawn which isn't or doesn't have the required actor to define their team correctly.
"Monsters" which EG is using are TeamCannons. If Red Bot ignores those "monsters" it's because That "monster" has MyTeam "0" being a cannon until at end of ages, if it's not edited and then Bot will ignore cannon from the same team as it is due to Attitude code which bot has (can be changed in Game-controllers), and later there are all chances to see UE1 ignoring you when it goes stuck.
For ScriptedPawn they have no team deal until MH is happily dropping Skaarj in players team making them un-killable when they still stay bIsPlayer with no weapon. Later MH versions don't have too many issues here, but things are "developed" when NON monsters are mooing around. Aside in my editing ambience I can see "Team" variable which Monster(ScriptedPawn) has - and yes that can be conformed and visible for advanced editing. Epic went busy to unlock some properties doing damage to games (example TimeDilation which is not for mapping - lol) but those which can be used Editor will access them only in particular by advanced editing each actor separate or such hackish methods.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:"Monsters" which EG is using are TeamCannons.
No, monsters I'm intending to use. I haven't put them on the map yet.

I'm currently editing something else, a CTF map that already had Unreali.u monsters on it. The "Red Team ignores them" thing is from that, which I've noticed before but that's what I was drawing from more recently

Also, if I had used the TeamMonsters I would've set them all to 3, Team Gold.
Attachments
Shot0047.png
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

In NW3, my cybots extend from StationaryPawn (not directly, they extend from NaliWPawn which extends StationaryPawn), exactly so they have team capabilities and are recognized by the bots as such.
It worked pretty damn well, and it avoids a crap load of Accessed None errors in the log.

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if such a monster pack did a similar thing to have team capabilities, it's pretty much the *only* reliable way to do it anyway to work with standard bots, at least as far as I know.