Problem with swapping of some unreal weapons

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Problem with swapping of some unreal weapons

Post by Aldebaran »

I want swap some Unreal weapons in Monster Hunt with other weapons. Therefore I searched for the class names and found:

Quad Shot: UnrealI.Quadshot
Combat Assault Rifle: UPak.CARifle
Dispersion Pistol: UnrealShare.DispersionPistol

Swapping the Dispersion Pistol works but not the other two. For example in MH-Gramercy-X there is a Combat Assault Rifle right at start but changing it failed. Do I have the wrong class names? How can I get the right ones? Or have I done with another problem I don't see?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Problem with swapping of some unreal weapons

Post by OjitroC »

How are you swapping them? Using StuffSwapper for example or some other means?

How and where did you search for those class names you have there?

In MH-Gramercy-X the CAR is a Xidia CAR (in UTMHpack.u) - the other weapons in that map are all UT Botpack weapons (as far as I can see after a quick check). However I did a quick test play of the initial stages and flew through part of the rest - StuffSwapper doesn't swap the Xidia CAR at the start though it does swap the other weapons to the ones I have in the SS configuration I'm using at the moment (Combat Zone weapons).

If you want to change the weapons permanently in that map, you can do that manually in UEd as there are only 5 or 6.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

OjitroC wrote:How are you swapping them? Using StuffSwapper for example or some other means?
I use Nali Weapons 3 and want to change them to NW3 Weapons. You can do this in a config file. But I have to know the correct class name of the weapon to change.
MH-Gramercy-X was only an example, there are so many maps with CARifle or Quadshot I can't change.
But the most of the other Unreal weapons like Stinger, ASMD, RazorJack I can change with the "MonsterHunt.<weapon>" class, for example "MonsterHunt.OLRazorJack" is the class name for the RazorJack.
OjitroC wrote:How and where did you search for those class names you have there?
I found the class names in some Unreal Wiki using Google, for example:
http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php ... ion_Pistol
https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UE1:QuadShot_(U1)

How can I get the correct class name of a weapon installed in a map?
As far as I remember I had already a look into the StuffSwapper config file, that didn't helped me.
Do you know some class names of this two weapons so I can take them?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:How can I get the correct class name of a weapon installed in a map?
Open the map with UnrealEd, select the object in question, choose "View > Actor Properties" and expand the node "Object". The property "class" shows the package and Actor name.
Attachments
XidiaCarRifle.jpg
XidiaCarRifle.jpg (34.61 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Now weaponchange of the Xidia CARifle worked, I used the class name UTMHpack.XidiaCarRifle described with your screenshot. Only the munition aside is the old one, I have to find out the class names of them too :lol:
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Aldebaran wrote:Btw now weaponchange of the Xidia CARifle worked, I used the class name UTMHpack.XidiaCarRifle described with your screenshot. Only the munition aside is the old one, I have to find out the class names of them too :lol:
Open UEd, click on the Actor Class Browser button, click on Open Package and locate UTMHpack.u in your directories, open it, go to Inventory in the Actor Class Tree and then to PickUp, then Tournament Ammo and you will see
UTMHpack.CarGrenadeAmmo and
UTMHpack.CARifleClip
You can also get the ammo names by looking in the properties of the XidiaCarRifle under TournamentWeapons.

As an alternative to opening the maps in UEd, you can use UTPackage Tool (UTPT.exe) which will give you a list of actors in the map (along with much else) and you can get the class/package names of weapons and ammo from there. Using this may be quicker.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

OjitroC wrote:As an alternative to opening the maps in UEd, you can use UTPackage Tool (UTPT.exe)
Thanx! This is a great tool. And I found other weapons to be changed :D
My hope is that maps use often the same .u files for weapons, so when change a weapon in a map it hopefully will be changed in all others too. I will see...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

That's good. On your question about UEd 2.1, there is a download of it available somewhere - I use it (as my UEd is broken) but I can't remember where I got it from. Try searching this forum first for discussion/links as I do recall it being mentioned.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote: Quad Shot: UnrealI.Quadshot
Forget this one :wink: .
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:I can't open the MH-Gramercy-X Map in UnrealEd 2.0, I have copied all files needed into the directories. No error message appears.
I'm sure there is an error message; you have to look up it in the log (see attachment).
<EDIT>
Sometimes the files delivered in an archive are wrong, broken or missing. UnrealDeps shows the files required by an unreal package (like a map). The download link given on unrealadmin.org is broken, use for example Medors place.
</EDIT>
Attachments
UnrealEdLog.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

sektor2111 wrote:Forget this one
Can I skip all <UnrealI.*> weapons and ammo in ut?
Barbie wrote:I'm sure there is an error message; you have to look up it in the log
Yes, you are right, I forgot a package. Didn't knew about the log window in UnrealEd till now.

Thank you all! Now i have cleaned up the maps from some weapons that doesn't suit to Nali Weapons 3 :tu:
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Problem with swapping of some unreal weapons - SOLVED

Post by sektor2111 »

I was talking about WC quadshit aka quadshot - THIS IS a NULL thing.
Else, UnrealI stuff works ON-Line only using "pushers" like XC_Engine or WTriggerer. Are you new at UT ?
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

sektor2111 wrote:Else, UnrealI stuff works ON-Line only using "pushers" like XC_Engine or WTriggerer. Are you new at UT ?
WRONG!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4872
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

MrLoathsome wrote:WRONG!
:oops: My Bad, I'm sorry, I forgot that, it won't happen again.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

sektor2111 wrote:
MrLoathsome wrote:WRONG!
:oops: My Bad, I'm sorry, I forgot that, it won't happen again.
Thats ok. :what: I am used to it by now. :nonono: :omfg: :sleep:

Everybody forgets about that, although they should ALL be running it ALL the time and not just when they want to
use Unreal content, since it eliminates ALL the STUPID stuff the default UT DMMutator does. And is now compatible with Oldskool.

@ Aldebaran.

If you run that UT2U1 mutator, your first attempt at swapping or adding those weapons should work fine.
You could even add weapons via whatever mutators you want, to have Unreal weapons and their UT counterparts
in the same map at the same time if you wanted.

sektor is of course correct about the default UnrealI.Quadshot being all screwed up. It has mesh issues and other
problems.

However that was fixed long ago with OldSkool. UsAaR33 included an olweapons.u class that fixed many issues with using
Unreal weapons with UT.
This includes a fixed version of the Quadshot. Class name: olweapons.olquadshot

If you use my SwarmSpawner mutator, this line in your SwarmSpawn.ini will swap all the default UnrealI.Quadshot guns that
are on a map with the oldskool fixed ones:

Code: Select all

SwarmInfo[11]=(SwarmClass="olweapons.olquadshot",Qty=0,bSpawnOnce="True",bReplace="True",SSet0=(SName="UnrealI.QuadShot",SVal=""))
*Adjust the [11] index value in the array there to keep the lines sequential in your ini file of course....

If you look in your olweapons.int file, you will see all the class names for the fixed versions of the Unreal weapons all listed there nicely.

*Edit: NOW it is solved.... :tongue: :rock:
blarg