Mutator about "SCREEN ROLL" effect?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
outloud
Novice

Mutator about "SCREEN ROLL" effect?

Post by outloud »

Hello everyone,

We play in LAN with some mutator and mod* that exponentially incrase armors strenght, health points, jumps etc. and in order to have some playable match, we just have to completely DISABLE or limit in time, the shakiness that happens every time we get head-shooted or get exploded by some warhead.. I mean the horrible SCREEN ROLL EFFECT that, playing with tons of health points, drives you completely crazy and epileptic even for minutes and minutes...! :omfg:

I think there is no chance to disable it by editing the unrealtournament.ini file...

(*we play with "Nali Weapons 3" by feralidragon)

Does this mutator exist?

thanks a lot,
outloud
ASLY

Re: Mutator about "SCREEN ROLL" effect?

Post by ASLY »

Hello outloud, welcome to the forum!

Sadly, but you can't disable this stupid effect. I tried to edit the UnrealTournament.ini but I don't find a line about this effect.
I remember when I was playing online SA CTF (Sniper Arena Capture The Flag) I had 199HP + 150 Belt and when I had a hard Head Shot my screen shaking really crazy.
Here is my own UnrealTournament.ini what I using online game. I tried to make my UT really low, that's only what I could made.
Low graphics + No animated texture + When you fall to the slime zone or you had a hit no mini screen shake, etc.
Feel free to edit this *.ini file, I hope this can help for you a bit. :D

ASLYE702 UnrealTournament.ini
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Oh so you play with lots of health and the weapons do lots of damage and you mean the screen roll after you die. Apart from limiting the damage of the weapons I have no idea. TimTim was asking about this too, which would suggest it's not easy to find the solution. I have no idea if he solved this or not, TimTim is the author of NewNet and it was nn that he was asking about it for.

Not your question but to anyone reading the thread: You can disable the screen shakes for when you walk around, and the flashing of the screen when you get hit. The screen will still move when you get shot, I think you can tweak this but you shouldn't.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

if you are using the nw3 mod then inside the NW3 .ini's there is an option to Tutn-Off the view shake i think.
i know that this needs to be turned off in Ferali's Ultra-Gore mod and can be done relatively easily.
outloud
Novice

Post by outloud »

I thank everyone for your answers, even if the solution is not so easy to find...
Thank you Wises, I know that is possible to disable the "screen shake effect" (Ferali already wrote me this). But the "screen shake" effect it's not the same of "screen roll effect". They are different... Billybill knows exactly what I mean..!

Thank you very much ASLEY702, I suspected that I wouldn't be able to disable it, by using mutators or by something else... but I try to edit your .ini , better than nothing, maybe I will find a solution... (I doubt it... :( )

If anybody else in this forum thinks to know how to do it, even modifying .int files or by mods , please don't be afraid to write something .. even if you are not sure about what you're suggesting .. "brainstoarming some ideas" could help to find a solution ..

I found many other users with this problem, so, solving it could be very interesting .. ;)

thanks a lot!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Maybe it's in uscript maybe not. The thing with TimTim is even though his code is very advanced, he misses obvious things like this. Maybe he found it in the end, I'd message him and ask for more info. If you can post up here where the solution lies people will appreciate it. Or we can try our best to take TimTim's response and post a real solution
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

hmm well .. if you run newnet woth ultragore .. you get this wicked Shake n Roll effect when the deemer goes off.
like i guess a hangover effect.. dizzyiness effect.

to stop this you need to go into the ultragore.ini and dissable the shake effect which also stops the rolling effect.

anyway good luck.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:If I had to take a guess I'd say it's in the TournamentPlayer class of Botpack.u, which makes it hard to subclass (see UTPure, NewNet, Valhalla Avatar)

Then again, that is only a guess, I'm guessing the screen would shake in Unreal so maybe it's in the Engine package

I'd instead have a mutator using the preventdeath event, have it run after everything else in case the player is not destined to die after-all. Then use replication to issue a command on the client. The same shakeview command again but with a lower shake velocity and duration

Would forcing respawn help at all? You can always add spawn protection.

Edit: Not sure if you need a replicated code or not for this, it may be the case that shakeview on clients can be initiated directly from the server. Anyway, if not I'd use something like this http://depositfiles.com/files/pikq9pdft (http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t ... ion#p50149)
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Somehow managed to disable the Screen Shake effect. Billybill was right, something like we need to manipulate the TournamentPlayer Class
This disables the Shake Effects, while taking damage by any projectile or Hit-scan or in any Dead Zone like Slime Zone, Lava Zone, etc. Also disables the Shake Effects when falling from great heights.

But this one still has bugs like it doesn't play Jump Sound or Land Sound or Hit Sounds. Hopefully this works with any mods, with NW3 of course and also works online. So yes this is Standalone.
Attachments
NoDamageShake.zip
(28.9 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
outloud
Novice

Post by outloud »

Yes Rocky! thanks a lot!!! That's exactly what I was looking for!!! I thank you very much :o :o
It works perfectly and no problem about the bugs...

Just a question, who is the autor? if you know it...

And thanks to everyone for your helps.
:gj: :gj:
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Yup! I made it specially for you ;)
But I recommend not to try this with Newnet!
outloud
Novice

Post by outloud »

Sorry if I respond you so late, I had some holydays.

Wow! So you are the author and you made it for us.. special thanks by me and by my friends!! you don't have to care about those irrelevant bugs, it works perfectly, it's absolutely useful, and we are enjoying it a lot! unexpected work ;)

Of course we don't use it on newnet, only lan..

greetings
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

just curious, but are you using *NewNet* with this mod? i too am a huge fan of feralidragon's work, i don't use any Nali Weapons mod but i use NWUltraGoreSSE and i get the same effect. but as soon as i disable *NewNet* there is no longer a problem. i'll look into it and see if i can possibly write a mod to fix this. i'm pretty sure i know the issue so we will see soon!
Culprit
Novice

Post by Culprit »

Yes this issue completely spoilt mh for me. I went the same way an tried nodamageshake. There is one bug that I notice, when being used alongside 2k4movement. If i try a doublejump, i bounce once after landing. A lot less annoying than dam screen roll. And can be kinda helpful/funny too. But jumpboots and this bouncy bug can get silly.

Nodamageshake is the nearest i can get to what i was looking for. ill also try ultragore and turn all effects off. maybe it overide