Pressure

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Pressure

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

I was thinking about a mutator similar to InstaGIB, I meant, that deletes every weapon and gives all the players only a weapon; this weapon will be called Pressurizer, but will, eventually, act as a Depressurizer too, it will be useful to pressurize enemies and, eventually, to depressurize players of the same team.

With "pressurize" I mean that the "Fatness" will increase until it reaches a specified value and, if the enemy will be pressurized more, it will explode('Fell' death type).
With "depressurize" I mean that the "Fatness" will decrease until it reaches 40(that, if I remember good, 40 was the standard value for the "Fatness" variable).

EDIT:
Here is a pic of this concept:

The Pressure Tank, when dropped, becomes like Pressure ammo, and if you take it, it will increase: the pressure you've inside your Pressure Tank; the Remain Pressure Bar.
The Pressure Meter is a meter that shows you how much pressurized is the player who you're pressurizing/depressurizing.
The Remain Pressure Bar shows how much pressure you still have inside your Pressure Tank.
The Pressure Tubes are just tubes used to inject/outject pressure inside/from other players.

Oh and... ...using some logic, depressurizing a teammate will increase your pressure ammo.
Last edited by PrinceOfFunky on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Pressure

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Cool! Primary fire rapidly shoots small pressure baloons (they are very hard to have much pressure in them) which, in touch of someone, inject some air and despawn (in the case of teammates, will decrease the teammate pressure to 40 and then return to increase your ammo). Secondary fire is similiar but shoots bouncing pressure pills. Enemies that hit one will receive a large damage. Teammates are depressurized, but it won't increase your ammo. :thuup: ?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Cool! Primary fire rapidly shoots small pressure baloons (they are very hard to have much pressure in them) which, in touch of someone, inject some air and despawn (in the case of teammates, will decrease the teammate pressure to 40 and then return to increase your ammo). Secondary fire is similiar but shoots bouncing pressure pills. Enemies that hit one will receive a large damage. Teammates are depressurized, but it won't increase your ammo. :thuup: ?
No well, actually, I was thinking about:
Primary Fire: Pressure tube.
Secondary Fire: Depressure tube.

Plus it would be better if the fatness value increases/decreases gradually.
So if you see your teammate is gonna explode, you try to save it depressurizing it, but still gradually.

EDIT: I edited the first post, and this one too .o.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Okay, all like you want, though I already gave my advice.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

If this is something you want to try to make you can get almost all the code you need from the healing gun in MonsterHunt2. Replace the heal scaling with fatness and replace the alt-fire with a reverse fatness version of the primary fire. Add a check to see if the person is at max fatness and explode them if they are and you are done.

One thing to watch for is that the fatness value is preserved at respawn so if you gib someone who is ready to explode be sure to return them to default fatness after gibbing so they come back correctly.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

JackGriffin wrote:If this is something you want to try to make you can get almost all the code you need from the healing gun in MonsterHunt2. Replace the heal scaling with fatness and replace the alt-fire with a reverse fatness version of the primary fire. Add a check to see if the person is at max fatness and explode them if they are and you are done.

One thing to watch for is that the fatness value is preserved at respawn so if you gib someone who is ready to explode be sure to return them to default fatness after gibbing so they come back correctly.
Uh .o. I didn't know about the fatness preservation after respawning o.o Ty
Anyway I made some tests using PulseGun, I didn't know about MonsterHunt2 and I never played MonsterHunt game type except on Unreal 1 and rare times on UT99 years ago.
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

The term we use in UT for a single weapon in the match is called "Arena" and the default Fatness is a hundred and twenty eight. There is also already a gun that makes players fat and shrinks them down in the U4E weapons pack.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

UTX wrote:The term we use in UT for a single weapon in the match is called "Arena" and the default Fatness is a hundred and twenty eight. There is also already a gun that makes players fat and shrinks them down in the U4E weapons pack.
Oh oki thank you.
If you're talking about the gun shown at 5:10 here:
UGDX10dLE1Q
It is rly different from the mechanism I described for the Pressurize
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

It sounds similar, without the primary fire making players float and the secondary making them so small.
Also, I would advice to use the Gibbed damage type, makes more sense than Fell.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

UTX wrote:It sounds similar, without the primary fire making players float and the secondary making them so small.
Also, I would advice to use the Gibbed damage type, makes more sense than Fell.
I'm sorry, probably I'm still not so good on finding Damage Types, but I just found: Burned; Corroded; Decapitated; Drown; Fell. :/
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Interesting mod. shall I try it?

Weapon of Destruction
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Interesting mod. shall I try it?
But I wanted try it :/
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Da Bridge

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I don't have much to say, I'd rather say good luck to you. :tongue: c

Weapon of Destruction
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I think use it to only make the target bigger or smaller, no explode. And your enemies will never make you small-thin.

They have to stay fat once you zap them, then if they kill you, on respawn you will have a nice fat target, in DM lol
Binary Space Partitioning
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Red_Fist wrote:I think use it to only make the target bigger or smaller, no explode. And your enemies will never make you small-thin.

They have to stay fat once you zap them, then if they kill you, on respawn you will have a nice fat target, in DM lol
Well, actually right now I'm working more on the Race gametype that I wrote but that no one gave a s. XD