BirraBrothers and Lodes Tutorials (still online)

Any kind of tutorial regarding U-Ed and mapping belongs here
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

BirraBrothers and Lodes Tutorials (still online)

Post by Que »

just a few tutorials i found whilst looking for mapping stuff.

https://lodev.org/unrealed/

http://www.unrealfuzz.com/forums/Toots/ ... t_ued.html
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: BirraBrothers and Lodes Tutorials (still online)

Post by sektor2111 »

I think I have to setup some lousy CTF map with those "Not used in UT" things - just for fun...
PainPath Don't how this work.
This is a tutorial which I wrote... but I don't know about these things...

Reconfiguration
Not used in UT by those unable to configure them - but they were used by those knowing them, not by story tellers (talk-ers, say-ers) :P .
We do have already CTF maps with Titans patrolling around their Flags and Warlords capturing Flags... IN UT.

The UT Reality
ANY stock navigation point can be used by a BOT when our boy(girl) wants to go in enemy base. If these are aiming maps with some Creatures delegated to do something and these maps are WORKING in UT, but we don't know to do settings (settings are needed for monsters), that's a different story. In plain maps, out of creatures, they work exactly like a PathNode. They have Paths, upStreamPaths, PrunedPaths lists exactly like any Navigation Point.
Mainly in MonsterHunt you can have PatrolPoints for creatures, it's not like a Bot won't roam here for moving to the target MonsterWaypoint. If memory doesn't cheat me MonsterHunt is an "UT" game... like UTCoop, ECoop, maybe other ones.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:43 am but I don't know about these [PainPath] things...
According to its code it sets the ExtraCost for the path depending on the damage type that is set for this PathNode. For example define a path with class'PainPath' through a lava area and set all PainPath's DamageType to "Burned". Any bot that is wearing an AsbestosSuit will have ExtraCost=0 for this path, all other ExtraCost=1000000.

NB: Too bad that ReducedDamagePct is not taken into account: a linear adaption would be: ExtraCost = ExtraCostMax * ReducedDamagePct
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Reconfiguration - I know what is that, but in "tutorial" is explained "PainPath Don't how this work".
I used that out of damaging zones because it does what was supposed to do - link routes with simple processing. If you are not using and sort of damage, it's simply driving Pawn on heavy stairs, boxes, bridges, etc. It's a LiftCenter after all. As a direct sample, such a combo could be added in Deck16 for taking UDamage, Exit Point being placed higher for preventing incoming connections, either way around Teleporter to Redeemer and happily ruining "fixes" for Teleporters. Due to placement, Bot trying to roam through this combo will have a sudden Teleportation right at Redeemer. And examples of usage without lavas or slimes or whatever are a lot...
Barbie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:33 am NB: Too bad that ReducedDamagePct is not taken into account: a linear adaption would be: ExtraCost = ExtraCostMax * ReducedDamagePct
Disagree - You block Pawn or it will get burned - you need to see how much is charged this Pawn, how much protection is remaining - if it will run out during travel, it's like gone - how long is the route in reality, the speed of swimming, discharging time, damage intensity. How about some enemy around ? Overthinking is not helping. For blocking path and preventing death ExtraCost must go at more than 10,000-100,000 - it needs a calculation which is not very helpful. I can answer more accurate only after doing some testing. It's not like I need it right now, maybe another time.