CTF-Phalanx][

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aspide
Skilled

CTF-Phalanx][

Post by Aspide »

Hello everybody, some time ago I released four maps that are console exclusive sequels here: viewtopic.php?t=15402 and here viewtopic.php?t=15799, this map is number 5.

This maps is part of the 25AC project, however since there is a long time until the project is finished I decided to release it to get feedback and so people can enjoy them, the final version of this map will be released with the 25AC project.

Hope you enjoy :tu:

Screenshots:
Shot001.jpg
Shot002.jpg
Shot003.jpg
Link:
CTF-Phalanx][.zip
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
STORY:

Spaceships are used all the time for different reasons depending on the desires of the ones who use them. This particular ship was initially used for peace-keeping missions through the solar system, the captain and crew members have fond memories of this ship and they wouldn't have left it if it wasn't because of slight problem, every piece of technology is born to be obsolete thanks to the work of their creators and this eventually happened to this ship, a new brand of spaceships took the place of their predecessors and everything else is history. However Liandri saw potential in the layout of the ship, they took careful consideration because of the asymmetrical design but they decided it was the right time for an experiment. After many tests Liandri became very satisfied with the result and then they finished transforming the ship into a deadly CTF arena for the Grand Tournament. Everyone is happy..., except for the ones who remember the peaceful travels that this ship used to have...

PERSONAL NOTES:

I made this map as part of the 25th anniversary of UT99 project, I decided to make sequels to the console exclusive maps of UT99. This map is a sequel to CTF-Phalanx made by Rich "Akuma" Eastwood, making this map was a great challenge because this is an asymmetrical CTF map, balancing both teams was very difficult but after a lof of trail and error I succeeded. Testing this map with bots was very important and both teams have the same probability of winning. This map requires a lot of teamwork, probably the most important parts of the map are the sniper holes, they can change the course of the match, I hope you have a good sniper in your team :)
Somewhere in Nevada...
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Re: CTF-Phalanx][

Post by darkbarrage99 »

I love how you expanded the original design from the claustrophobia of the original map into a much larger area where the added crow's nests make sense. Everything looks super balanced, the geometry makes the map highly believable, and that skybox gets the chef's kiss. Well done, Aspide! The only thing ticking off my ocd is that the glass textures could use a little bit of love, perhaps some stretching or scaling to make that repetitive white line a bit less noticeable, if not changing the texture entirely. Otherwise, this is excellence. Bravo sir!
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

Nice work as always.
Love the space vortex. Makes the map feel non-static. :tu:
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Thanks everyone :D, this map was quite challenging to do when it came to the balancing, I'm happy that people are enjoying it. This five maps are going to be my contribution to the 25AC project, I don't think I'm going to make more unless someone really wants a sequel to another map from the console port of UT99.
Somewhere in Nevada...