Big UT Beta maps conversion pack (Ratchet, Cathode, and other maps)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: Big UT Beta maps conversion pack (Ratchet, Cathode, and other maps)

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Wait...invisible floors kept appearing to me in the "222" version only. Either way did you try yrex's bsp tool? its fairly recent but combined with the 469 node builder it can work I think. He has it on his site too. Its a tool for exploring but also fixing bsp as per the last version. Like it can get rid of many of the disappearing polys and such.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Btw I do have a particular information to add that was pointed to me by gamesharder (I might have known but forgot). The 222 beta DM-Liandri and above was later at some point separated into a map called DM-Klaris. I do not know what the title of this map is, but there is a screenshot dm-klaris as a leftover in many of the ut 400 and similar distributions of the source code and the unreal 2 alphas. I wonder what the backstory for this map became and the full title.

Its a shame that UT didn't ship with DM-Klaris after all.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 pm DM-UTConveyorOld report.
The map geometry is good, but it really has problems with navigation. I noticed that if the problem of navigation is solved, it turns out to be another good piece. Greetings for this one.
Discussions about changes that improve the activity of A.I. probably do not match the topic subject right now.

Edit: LOL - Dropping this.
After joining with Bots I see invisible floors. Some spot was solved by 469b RC2 but... not everything - the bug was moved elsewhere. I'm floating in air... several surfaces are flickering.
Cv_Old.png
I see ugly BSPCuts, it seems too complex for UE1. Goblin has its flaws... concerning aligning at grid that is not really aligned by itself.
I noticed that even the released game's map has problems with those floors for example if you stand in the lava room above in the corner and look from certain angle it also disappears. This map was always problematic.