unrealed.info /org

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
FrozenDozer
Average
Personal rank: TS Addict

Re: unrealed.info /org

Post by FrozenDozer »

darksonny wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:09 am
FrozenDozer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:10 am
editor Dave wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:17 pm
FrozenDozer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:52 am LOL what a rabbithole, finding this post. Had some nostalgia and was looking at old archive.org snapshots of Unrealed.info.
Anyway, I know the guy who used to run the forum. Idk if he still has any backups or anything, but if you guys like I could ask him.

EDIT: Crazy how many names I still know here, still active in the community.
So.. you're alive as well! :rock:
I am! Though not involved in any kind of mapping anymore. I've moved on to other things :tongue:
that makes me sad, dude....at least ut99 is still alive
Naw I mean, life goes on. Interests change. I'm 3D Artist now so it's not thaaat far off :b   
Auto merged new post submitted 8 minutes later
Good new is: we still have a backup.
Bad news is: we have to check how much or what is usable. Naturally we can't just upload the entire backup.

We'll have a look in the next couple of days and then I'll update you guys.
Signatures are overrated...
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

darksonny wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:25 pm download links for maps/mappack does not work anymore, maybe someone at old staff could upload their old content to mega/mediafire/whatever so they send to unrealarchive.org
I think I did not archive the files I downloaded anywhere. Has someone else?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

FrozenDozer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:53 pm Naw I mean, life goes on. Interests change. I'm 3D Artist now so it's not thaaat far off :b   
Bad news is: we have to check how much or what is usable. Naturally we can't just upload the entire backup.

I want a son of you lol, nah jokin'. Thats great news!
PD: By usable, what do you mean exactly? (Maybe some of the mappers here could finish for you -with permission obviously- if that stuff could get some worth for ut fans :) )
FrozenDozer
Average
Personal rank: TS Addict

Post by FrozenDozer »

darksonny wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:56 am
FrozenDozer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:53 pm Naw I mean, life goes on. Interests change. I'm 3D Artist now so it's not thaaat far off :b   

I want a son of you lol, nah jokin'. Thats great news!
PD: By usable, what do you mean exactly? (Maybe some of the mappers here could finish for you -with permission obviously- if that stuff could get some worth for ut fans :) )
By usable I mean that we haven't yet looked at the data, and in what format / way it's accessible. We need to make sure there's nothing else in there, that shouldn't be. Might involve a bit of manual work or some scripting.

I'll let you guys know once something materializes.
Signatures are overrated...
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

darksonny wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:56 am I want a son of you lol, nah jokin'. Thats great news!
Hey, remember the rules.... ask out to dinner first! :ironic:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:20 am
darksonny wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:56 am I want a son of you lol, nah jokin'. Thats great news!
Hey, remember the rules.... ask out to dinner first! :ironic:
Hi my Lord, I've a taste of making jokes first, its a way to break the ice :)
have u a nice day!
Radon
Novice

Post by Radon »

I have the old forum. I ran it a few years ago for a few months in a docker container because the codebase is outdated as fuck and didnt feel like getting hacked and botted all the time. But even fixing minor issues make it not run very smoothly at all.

I'm currently trying to get it up on some private xenforo installation which i unfortunately cant make public as long as it doesnt have a valid license and i really dislike all the open source forum alternatives on the market. We'll see if it even works
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Any update @Radon ? Would be really nice to grab the uploaded attachements from there at least, if I recall there were definetly maps/decorations/textures uploaded only there. Also just now @Krull0r asked for CTF-Cryonic which apperantly was uploaded only here? It was his only CTF map and it doesn't seem to be anywhere else.