I created an UT99 server with a bot called "Elon Musk", if you kill it, it'll send a tweet to Elon!

Discussions about Events and Tournaments
Inpu
Novice

I created an UT99 server with a bot called "Elon Musk", if you kill it, it'll send a tweet to Elon!

Post by Inpu »

Hello!

As a fun project, I created an UT99 server that has a bot called "Elon Musk". If you kill it before it kills you, we'll send a tweet automatically to Elon along with your name and the weapon you used ! You'll also score a point for #TeamEarth. We're keeping scores.

We'll also inform Elon if the bot kills you first !

The twitter account in question is the following : https://twitter.com/FindGmanMusk, top tweet has the IP address of the server.

I've been managing Half-life's server with this gamemode for a while now, I've been eager to do it for my other favorite franchise!

Have fun :]

Full disclaimer : I have nothing against Elon! I actually like some of the things he did! It's just a dumb project made during a wave of nostalgia. Half-life, Unreal and all these mods made my childhood so I wanted to relive these moments where servers had stupid plugins installed.

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: I created an UT99 server with a bot called "Elon Musk", if you kill it, it'll send a tweet to Elon!

Post by papercoffee »

...uhm.
darksonny
Adept

Re: I created an UT99 server with a bot called "Elon Musk", if you kill it, it'll send a tweet to Elon!

Post by darksonny »

can I send a teddybear for him, i can promise I can be a good guy!
Inpu
Novice

Post by Inpu »

papercoffee wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:17 pm Image

...uhm.
I agree :P
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Odd.
Inpu wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:33 amcreated an UT99 server that has a bot called "Elon Musk". If you kill it before it kills you, we'll send a tweet automatically to Elon along with your name and the weapon you used!

We'll also inform Elon if the bot kills you first!
Not entirely accurate, a skim of the posts on the account shows it isn't sending posts to Elon Musk, as it doesn't use the @. Instead it's hashtagging his name, which wouldn't show up in his mentions.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Baardman
Skilled

Post by Baardman »

thats very nice.   
Auto merged new post submitted 9 hours 39 minutes later
im trying to make the Elon face skin with the big smile if you are interested, ideally i would have my current skin include both faces or mayby the big smile is better? i dont know how to include 2 faces though,
ElonMaya.jpg
Elon1_256_laugh3.png
Elon1_256_laugh3.png (60.05 KiB) Viewed 208 times
i got the old 1 ready with the new face added as texture so the new face is not usable yet. im working on that.

Elon_Musk.7z
(8.23 MiB) Downloaded 3 times

----edit------

i think i got the new face working
elonUT99.jpg
this 1 only has the new face becuase i dont know how to make skins with 2 face options yet.
SoldierSkinsElon3.7z
(549.18 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

new Rocket man lol
Shot00164.png
maybe would be nice to have the body skin also some edits, maybe some sort of rockets logo on his back?
Inpu
Novice

Post by Inpu »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:06 pm Odd.
Inpu wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:33 amcreated an UT99 server that has a bot called "Elon Musk". If you kill it before it kills you, we'll send a tweet automatically to Elon along with your name and the weapon you used!

We'll also inform Elon if the bot kills you first!
Not entirely accurate, a skim of the posts on the account shows it isn't sending posts to Elon Musk, as it doesn't use the @. Instead it's hashtagging his name, which wouldn't show up in his mentions.
That's true, at first I was doing a "@ElonMusk", but my API account got banned real quick :D