Footstep Sound Manager

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
browndl
Skilled

Footstep Sound Manager

Post by browndl »

I was wondering if anyone knows who I need to contact to be able to use this?
I have reached out to a couple people in private messages who have it embedded in the "my level" of their maps, either to receive no response or to be told they have no idea where it came from.
So I was wondering if anyone here knows.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Footstep Sound Manager

Post by OjitroC »

Is this FootStepChanger as used in NiX's Andromeda?

The code says

Code: Select all

FootstepChanger
    Copyright (C) 2006 Damian "Rush" Kaczmarek

This program is free software; you can redistribute and/or modify
    it under the terms of the Open Unreal Mod License version 1.1.
    See http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/OpenUnrealModLicense for details.
*/
It's FootStepChanger.u which contains a FootstepTrigger and a FootStepZone
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:24 pm Is this FootStepChanger as used in NiX's Andromeda?

The code says

Code: Select all

FootstepChanger
    Copyright (C) 2006 Damian "Rush" Kaczmarek

This program is free software; you can redistribute and/or modify
    it under the terms of the Open Unreal Mod License version 1.1.
    See http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/OpenUnrealModLicense for details.
*/
It's FootStepChanger.u which contains a FootstepTrigger and a FootStepZone

Thanks for the response, but I am not sure they are the same item of code. But the FootStepChanger may work for the application at the moment.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Looks like the FootstepSoundManager is by Revelation - it's in his map DM-AMC-Gluon, and from the discussions in the threads on here about that map and others by him, it seems that he coded/made that actor.

He is a member of this forum.
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:53 pm Looks like the FootstepSoundManager is by Revelation - it's in his map DM-AMC-Gluon, and from the discussions in the threads on here about that map and others by him, it seems that he coded/made that actor.

He is a member of this forum.
Yeah, just waiting for him to visit again and maybe respond to my private message.