Desperate for some help on a bug

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Desperate for some help on a bug

Post by JackGriffin »

OK, here's my problem... On my coop controller I can play, everything works, and I'm generally quite happy with it. However there is one bug that I just cannot find that is simply driving me crazy.

Most times when you touch an advanced health item like the vest or belt and also if you pick up a flare (these are some of the confirmed items that do this) your weapons in the HUD disappear. Now you still have them, you can switch out ok but the yellow bars on the HUD disappear and my custom translator overlay stops working completely too. When you suicide or die then the problem fixes itself so it's something in inventory that's the issue.

I've tried checking ServerPackages, logging, and every trick I know. Would someone like to take a peek at this to see if they see something I'm just missing?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Desperate for some help on a bug

Post by Feralidragon »

Take this with a grain of salt (since I know next to zero relative coop), but the common denominator in those items is:
bDisplayableInv=True

You could build a mutator to turn bDisplayableInv of those items to false and try again to check if the HUD is still messed up, but bDisplayableInv doesn't have any replication statement, so changes server-side of this variable won't replicate to the client, so it should be changed in the client through some other mean (your canvas stuff could check this inventory in the player and set the property to false for example).

Again, not sure if that will work out though...