Menu location for config...

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Menu location for config...

Post by MrLoathsome »

Quick question. I have set up some config menus for something, and currently
have the menus accessible via the Mods menu.
i.e.

Code: Select all

class AS_SPModMenuItem expands UMenuModMenuItem;
For this application, it would be better if I could get these to show under the Options list instead of the Mods.

Is there a way to relocate these via a setting in the int file or something like that?
blarg
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Menu location for config...

Post by Dr.Flay »

Does the method covered here -> http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3625 not work ?
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Loathe I'm going to idle in your chatroom if you check back here tonight. I'd like to ask you something.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Dr.Flay wrote:Does the method covered here -> http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3625 not work ?
Indeed it does work, and the new Gametypes will all show up in the Advanced Options menu fine.

Was thinking it is slightly more "User Friendly" to have the options available via regular Menus. (Just slightly...)

Since I went ahead and did Mod config menus for the new options, I was just sort of hoping to track down a way to get those
moved from Mods to Options. It should be possible. Oldskool has its config under the Options, but I wasn't able to figure
out how he got them to show up there.....

*Edit.
After some further testing, I think I will rip my nifty config menus out, and leave Dr.Flays int tweak in as the
way to configure this. (I had mutually exclusive options turning each other off and all kinda cool junk in the menu config... :ironic: )

If I use the Mod menu, (and probably the Options menu also, If I knew how.....), for the new variables, there will be 2 sections for each gametype in
the Advanced Options menus. That is no good.

If I use the int tweak, all the settings for each new gametype will show up in 1 section in the Advanced Options menu.
I think the only way to get these options into the menu I want, would involve changing some core files and playing
around with C. I would need more spare time, and somebody would have to pay me before I go that far into it. :loool:

ATM I got things setup so all these gametypes will be putting all their settings into 1 ini file.
Including the applicable settings for [Botpack.DeathMatchPlus], [Engine.GameInfo] and [Botpack.TeamGamePlus]
sections usually found in your UnrealTournament.ini file.

This way it wont be clobbering setting for parent classes in the UT.ini file, and all the new settings will be separate and
in one file. And users can still configure all the default settings for the new gametypes via the usual gametype config
menus the same way as always. They will only need to access the Advanced Options to adjust the new variables.
(or they can edit the ini file....)

You will get a credit in the Readme for that int tweak. (Is that thread a sticky yet?)
Last edited by MrLoathsome on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
blarg
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

JackGriffin wrote:Loathe I'm going to idle in your chatroom if you check back here tonight. I'd like to ask you something.
Must have missed you. I was delivering pizzas until 11:30pm CST tonight.

Will be loitering in there for a while, if you are still up and about.
blarg
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

I agree with everything you said (and yer making me feel lazy).
Yes I've been meaning to look at transplanting the "Advanced Options" menu item from OldSkool.
For simplicity I think It should be made part of Wormbo's ModMenu Extension, or his UT-XP skin (Wormbo, if you're reading :wink: ). If you do not have them, get them now!

You can have the configs show up wherever you want on the advanced panel. It's just a matter of the parent-structure you give it (the Compass and FlagMutatorCTF int files show the use of more than one branch, so you can see how they match the sections in the ini files).
This will place the item under Mutators instead of GameTypes

Preferences=(Caption="Mutators",Parent="Advanced Options")
And this somewhere else...

Preferences=(Caption="My Mod Here",Parent="Advanced Options")
I favour the data being kept in individual ini files, as they are easy to find, edit and back-up. If you corrupt or lose your main ini file, wave good bye to all your settings.

There are a few configs that do not work with the simple tweak, and need all the sections to be manually referenced in the int, or you only see the root branch.
I intend to finish one of these more complex edits (I've got bored every time so far!) and post it.

No the thread is not a sticky :cry: . Actually that section is lacking in stickies :(
It's probably the only thread where no one has screamed about the multiple posts :mrgreen:
It needs tidying, but it is the best way to make it searchable, as I have given each post a relevant title.

*NOTE* for anyone else reading the "Advanced Options" menu we are discussing is more quickly and easily accessed from the editor.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Well poop.

Had to bail on the attempt to get all the settings into 1 separate file. Problem being the variables
that are adjustable when starting the game, would not persist. #Bots, MaxTeams etc.
i.e. you could change them before starting, and it would play correctly, but the next time you
went to start a game, the settings on the menu would be reset to whatever the parent gametypes had
set in the UT.ini
ATM, all the settings are back in the UT.ini file, and will be scattered in 2 or more sections, depending.....

Oh well....
blarg
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yeah, I've noticed this behaviour in the past when trying to transplant ini sections to their own file.
Over my head why it works for some and not others :(