ut99live

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
mighty

ut99live

Post by mighty »

Hey folks,

i'm new here, so a few words about me: I'm playing the Unreal series since 1998, so no doubt, I am a huge fan. In Unreal Tournament i used to play on pro level for over 8 years. Currently inactive due to the lack of players.

My question: Is it possible to script ut99 like q3live? I think its written in JavaScript, but im not 100% sure..

Best Regards :)
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: ut99live

Post by Creavion »

No, you can not, at least not, if you don`t want any trouble by Epic Games. Besides Q3Live does not allow any modding and UT exists for me only nowadays because I can mod for it. Without an editor UT would be thrust aside by most - like me - already countless years ago. What is the point of that stuff anyway: UT can be still played without any problems an everybodys machine, also thanks to a lot of new render devices like Direct X 9 or an updated open GL render device.
Last edited by Creavion on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

No, it's not possible.

UT99 source is closed to public, so it's up to Epic itself to do something like that, but since they are already running UEngine3 in Flash and since the UT1 section in their forums no longer exist, I wouldn't count on anything.
It would be cool to have something like UT99 live, but you can already play UT online from a small pen drive with even mods on it, so...
mighty

Post by mighty »

Hm sad :(
I liked the idea of sharing ut99 to more people since only a few gamers do even know it exists..
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Well. UT does not exist for Epic Games anymore. Gears of War is for ages their cash cow with obviously selling of Unreal Engine licenses.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

mighty wrote:Hm sad :(
I liked the idea of sharing ut99 to more people since only a few gamers do even know it exists..
Sharing doesn't require in-browser stuff ;) I'm pretty sure if you show them a few eye-candys of current UT gameplay, they will take the (seriously very very small) hurdle to get their hands on a copy of the game :)
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub