Muzzle flash option

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Muzzle flash option

Post by Torax »

Does anybody know where to find full description of parameters related to muzzle flash function? And is it possible to overwrite this function or it is unchangeable?
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
UT99.org

Re: Muzzle flash option

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:In the options box there is Weapon Flash. This is either of the weapons bar when you change weapons offline. Or am I wrong, does this do what you are asking? I do recall something similar to disable a blinding light of the minigun when someone else is using it
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

I mean what affects each parameter in DefaultProperties.SomeWeapon.MuzzleFlash. And is it possible to overwrite default muzzleFlash function to change it's mechanics of spawning muzzle effects. Here is the question)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Torax wrote: And is it possible to overwrite default muzzleFlash function
I think you have to make a subclass(or what was it called again?) ...because to over write anything in UT leads every time to a mismatch in online play.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

I just searching best ways to spawn more other visual effects (like smoke or fire exhaust or sparkles) while shooting in front of weapon barrel.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, the muzzle flash properties you see in the weapon is all you have to be honest, and they aren't well documented anywhere, nor are that great.
In newer engines you have this sort of stuff well supported by attaching things up in joints and other points, but in this one you're stuck with the wacky muzzle flash properties alone.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

Currently i have an idea how to deal. For first person view weapon will spawn effects with bOnlyOwnerSee (or parameter such like this, forgot how that bool named) set to True. And for third person view spawn same effects but with rotation attached to weapon that player hold and with bOwnerNoSee set to True. That will look better for both views but needs a lot of actors to be coded, and maybe will slow down performance..