Installing Renderers from a server.

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Installing Renderers from a server.

Post by Dr.Flay »

I have noticed a few times when connecting to a server that requires certain files, that a GUI is presented with the instructions and options to install the required mod (nothing new).

Is there some reason users cannot be offered the updated video and audio renderers ?
The user would obviously have to then choose the new renderer after a restart.
This could be by instructing the user to go to the options menu, or maybe the option in the install GUI, to "Close and restart" ?
UT99.org

Re: Installing Renderers from a server.

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:You do a link for a forum tuto with !update option in game.

if you make a automatic update you'll get to many bugs players ... black screen at start, UT crash etc...
UT99.org

Re: Installing Renderers from a server.

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I'm guessing ACE will give whitelist problems if you use this but it's worth a shot

There is an old mod menu item and dll file that converts cache files from within the game. Here is the link http://www.fileplanet.com/118936/download/UTCache-2

Which would do all the .int files, the DLL files I'm going to use NPLoader to install

I'm going to pray the author doesn't mind me using the same DLL and it's functions.

I'm glad to do this for private use in the meantime provided i don't run into any problems. It does seem like a lot of work because of the lack of documentation to work with. However, the source code is there. Maybe I should write-up a dll loader guide for NPLoader if Anth doesn't mind.

You are still going to have problems with linux users and I don't intend to learn or do that part, sorry