About 50% of the servers do not show up

Discussions about UT99
Disorder

About 50% of the servers do not show up

Post by Disorder »

Hey guys,

We (Unreal Mayhem) known for our many good quality servers :) realized that about 50% of all the servers are not showing up anymore.
There were approximately around 500 servers running in total and only about 200 servers show up since last week.
So i guess there is something from with the master servers?
Does any of you guys noticed this problem? If so, is there a specific reason for this?

-=]UM[=-Disorder

-=]UM[=-Sniper-Classic-TDM/DM-LagFree/ACE
-=]UM[=-Monster Mayhem
-=]UM[=-MonsterHunt***NaliWeapon***
-=]UM[=-MONSTERHUNT-NALIWEAPONSIII
-=]UM[=-Funhouse (JB3 SP2)
-=]UM[=-Public|Bunnytrack(2) With !CP
-=]UM[=-Freestyle-Zark-Sniper
-=]UM[=-Instagib Lowgrav/Standard
-=]UM[=-ZP-INSTAGIB-CTF
aZ.Boy
Novice

Re: About 50% of the servers do not show up

Post by aZ.Boy »

Hi

I have the same issue unable to see many servers. I've been wondering why... thought it could be my firewall or something blocked in my connection but i guess not it's probably the master server. :noidea
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

if i click on the ut servers tab i see 311 servers if i click on ctf tab i see about 68
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

We have the same problem for some days.
Some said Epic Master shows around 150 UT Servers, seems to be broken.

Maybe have a look here: http://wiki.333networks.com/index.php/C ... Tournament (333nw is actually showing 500+ servers)

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

i see 345 with original config and 347 with 333networks so not sure whats really wrong
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

I have been seeing between 460-475 servers the last few days here.
Was closer to 600-700 last time I remember checking before last week or so.

I am using both 'utmaster.epicgames.com' and 'gsm.qtracker.com' as master servers.
For both my client machine and my servers....

The servers do establish connection with both of them on startup.

Edit: Did a check, and 'utmaster.epicgames.com' and 'unreal.epicgames.com' both resolve to the same IP.
Last edited by MrLoathsome on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
blarg
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I do have this: Image

Was thinking wtf.
Other than that, I did blacklist some server but it doesn't depend on majority of the server now showing. (only 27 tho)
Reason: Blacklisting fake server looool (a couple of server was using the mod that display players were on the server but they weren't there.)

Now when I use the original browser I got this: Image

Edit: This is what I'm using.
Spoiler
[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bFallbackFactories=True

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
bKeepMasterServer=True

& for xbrowser:
[XBrowser.XBrowserTabInternet]
bKeepMasterServer=True
bFallbackFactories=True
MasterServer[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[2]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[3]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[4]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Chamberly wrote:I do have this: Image

Was thinking wtf.
Other than that, I did blacklist some server but it doesn't depend on majority of the server now showing. (only 27 tho)
Reason: Blacklisting fake server looool (a couple of server was using the mod that display players were on the server but they weren't there.)

Now when I use the original browser I got this: Image

Edit: This is what I'm using.
Spoiler
[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bFallbackFactories=True

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
bKeepMasterServer=True

& for xbrowser:
[XBrowser.XBrowserTabInternet]
bKeepMasterServer=True
bFallbackFactories=True
MasterServer[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[2]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[3]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
MasterServer[4]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut

Your original UT browser shows <=600 because first master is 333nw
(ListFactories[0] << 0 = 1 )

Your Xbrowser has epicgames first.

And you can cut out MasterServer[2]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
It is the same as MasterServer[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserFactInternet,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

Screencap of http://master.333networks.com right now.
http://master.errorist.tk shows an equal amount of servers.

For those who still didn't catch up on the wiki, here is an explanation of how to set 333networks and/or Errorist as your primary masters: http://wiki.333networks.com/index.php/C ... Tournament
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Doesn't seems to help any of setup
This setup

Code: Select all

+ bFallbackFactories=True was showing 16 UT servers - LOL (having some firewall enabled).
The same order + bFallbackFactories=False showing 378 UT servers (probably 300 and some because we have also TO servers less compatible.... )

And now is fascinating AGAIN to see Nobody, but Nobody speaking about CLIENT log:

Log: Resolving master.333networks.com...
Log: Resolving master.noccer.de...
Log: Resolving utmaster.epicgames.com...
Log: Resolved master.noccer.de (176.9.76.199)
ScriptLog: UBrowserGSpyLink: Master Server is master.noccer.de:28900
Log: Resolved master.333networks.com (84.83.176.234)
ScriptLog: UBrowserGSpyLink: Master Server is master.333networks.com:28900
Log: Resolved utmaster.epicgames.com (199.255.40.174)
ScriptLog: UBrowserGSpyLink: Master Server is utmaster.epicgames.com:28900
ScriptLog: UBrowserGSpyLink: Couldn't connect to master server.
Log: CheckConnectionAttempt: Error while checking socket status.
Epic's seems to not respond at Ping and Wokie test has a very slow response.

Current setup

ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=gsm.qtracker.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[3]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
With firewall disabled were reported 663 and 643 performed a ping response.
bFallbackFactories=False - seems to trigger more Masters in response. Do we have more than 663 and activity in 643 in 2015?

To know > Firewall working based on black-lists will block any ping response from "Servers", so yes I think we have around 300 UT Servers - the rest are just machines started doing "feign server" as player does "feign death" sometimes. :ironic: .

SInce last time I did not made significant updates at firewall, however the number of servers has been decreased. The question is: Admins were moving servers to gain more control at lower price ? When machine it's in your hands you can do anything you want with it.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

So I ran a few tests just now.

With only utmaster.epicgames.com my client finds 367 servers.
With only gsm.qtracker.com it finds 215 servers.
With only master.333networks.com it finds 605 servers.

With all 3 enabled it finds 655 servers atm. (of course those numbers vary slightly from test to test...)

I have bFallbackFactories=False in the ini.

Noticed during the tests, that master.333networks.com displays my servers even though my
servers are only using utmaster.epicgames.com and gsm.qtracker.com.

333networks must be grabbing a copy of the servers list from one or both of the others.... I think.

@sektor
I did not mention the log file, as I am getting no problems there:

Log: Resolving gsm.qtracker.com...
Log: Resolving utmaster.epicgames.com...
Log: Resolving master.333networks.com...
Log: Resolved gsm.qtracker.com (65.112.87.186)
ScriptLog: UBrowserGSpyLink: Master Server is gsm.qtracker.com:28900
Log: Resolved utmaster.epicgames.com (199.255.40.174)
ScriptLog: UBrowserGSpyLink: Master Server is utmaster.epicgames.com:28900
Log: Resolved master.333networks.com (84.83.176.234)
ScriptLog: UBrowserGSpyLink: Master Server is master.333networks.com:28900
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Then let's clarify what's that bFallbackFactories because now I recal how works - I don't know if this information is posted or not in any tutorial/trick section.

People complaining about not showing servers are browsing UT using default method with Epic in the first position and that value True. Which means that we get a list from that first Master. If that first Master fails, next one is debated. Keep in mind, ONLY if first Master fails next Master is involved. else NONE of the rest is being asked. Epic seems to have lags or whatever problems as long as sometimes responds too slow.

When value is False, all Masters are asked for servers one by one so we get a REAL sum of UT Servers.

As long as you people have Epic with value to True then don't ask why you don't see servers if you don't bother to do the right setup. I did not see any real problem as long as my list was always including over 600 Servers. And quote at "About 50% of the servers do not show up", they won't show as long as that 1 Master if has some troubles but still responds, then you will get fake results.

Drewing conclusions to myself - I had a few months ago EPIC removed from any browser and any uplink. I don't know why I was so stupid to put them back.
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

MrLoathsome wrote:333networks must be grabbing a copy of the servers list from one or both of the others....
Correct.
333networks grabs the serverlist from Epic and synchronizes those with oldunreal, errorist and noccer. 333networks also accepts manually added servers (click) and has its own mechanism to determine which servers are online or not, even if they can not be found in the masterserver list. We still need to write about this on the wiki, as there are options to enable/disable this, but time didn't allow us yet to write about that.
sektor2111 wrote:Then let's clarify what's that bFallbackFactories because now I recal how works - I don't know if this information is posted or not in any tutorial/trick section (...)
Very interesting read. With your permission, I gladly add this to the 333networks wiki (when I get the time for that).

I hope this also motivates people from different communities to download themselves a version of the 333networks masterserver and set it to sync with the current masterservers. Is there a limit to the amount of masterservers that you can add in the ListFactories settings? Because if this limit is large enough, we can keep an up-to-date list of masterservers that everyone can copy.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I don't really understand that thing with "permissions", we are here to help UT so we have to harvest any good info which is proved correct. If I wanna hide something I'm not posting that... because by example I have a feature: I can morph a copy of a web-page in a PDF document anytime in a few seconds without to say a word. And like old people say "what you don't know won't disturb you", as long as nobody knows what I was harvesting for myself for sure I won't speak more than it needs to trigger spirits.

Back...
However using multiple lists in the same time, results can be screwed - logic. Player encouter a bunch of servers sent by Master 1, in this case if Master 2 has a slower response there are chances to be discarded. For old default setup I am guessing it was done for computers and Internet used in that time - cascade-browsing - one fail, jump to next, now days probably those issues are not often meet (only if we don't query 20 Masters in the same time)- so bunch-browsing using 2 or 3 Masters should be functional (I cannot predict how works players with hacked computers or having viruses or 4 messengers open + 15 torrents at seed).
If I'm using only 333Networks I can see a fast response and probably all servers - not those crashed, blocked, or turned off.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Now people get to see why 333masters were made to be better. If everyone was running them, it would not matter which you connect to as you will always get all they can see.

BTW. If you look at my old posts/instructions, I always made a point of telling people to change the "Fallback" setting.
By my understanding it makes sense for people using a 56k modem to have them pinged 1 at a time, but with broadband we can easily receive the info from 4 or 5 masters these days.

I should probably contact their head of infrastructure, and try to motivate them into upgrading.
Question is, will this start a new shouting match, or do we have the wide support of the community ?
My role as moderator here is always compromised every time there is a flame-war with 333nw, and all the staff here are sick of it.

sektor2111 has pointed out the flaw in using multiple masters that can be out of sync (and a very simple solution).
However when XBrowser has finished receiving the results, it displays 2 figures at the bottom;
1 for the amount of servers reported, and another for the amount that responded. The results seem to be trustworthy for me with 6 masters (yes I know it is excessive).

Ideally if everyone was using a 333master, then it would not matter which one or how many you use, as you would always get the full aggregated results.
That way you could re-enable the fallback mode, and chose the closest/fastest master to you as the one at the top. Then the next closest, next, and so-on.

Well, overall this thread so far is damning in it's evidence that if you stick with only Epic, you are missing out.