SkaarjTrooper with Warheadlauncher

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

SkaarjTrooper with Warheadlauncher

Post by Barbie »

Does a SkaarjTrooper or one of its class childs use a Warheadlauncher, if its WeaponType is assigned to it? In my multiple tests I have seen only once a SkaarjTrooper shooting one (!) missile.

Test map attached.
Attachments
TestSkaarjTrooperWithWarheadlauncher.7z
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: SkaarjTrooper with Warheadlauncher

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm guessing it's hard to look at MHv504 source-code. I did even some checks in MH-Frigate... which I re-ported according to a proper compressor destruction for MH version. That Skaarj really does fire redeemer and it is not kidding at player (in said 504 and MH2 which I'm using).

Code: Select all

function PlayMovingAttack()
{
	local float strafeMag;
	local vector Focus2D, Loc2D, Dest2D;
	local vector lookDir, moveDir, Y;
	local int bUseAltMode;

if (Weapon != None)
	{
		if ( Weapon.AmmoType != None )
			Weapon.AmmoType.AmmoAmount = Weapon.AmmoType.Default.AmmoAmount;
		Weapon.RateSelf(bUseAltMode);
//...bla bla bla
&&
WarHead.PNG
WarHead.PNG (11.78 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
Drew conclusion... in my logic (which is missing sometimes) I guess that guy doesn't have many chances to fire weapon... EPIC :loool: .
Because I'm a slow moving guy I found a solution after some good minutes... but... it works.
Going to except seeking by aiming directly:
Class MonsterBase.uc loaded into NotePad++ CTRL+G (goto line) 523.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Lemme guess.

Something that sets/keeps AmmoAmount at 1 all the time.
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Or 2, because in my MH habits all the time when (any) Monster fires <Warshell> type, I enjoy shooting them making the loser to kill itself :) . : finger mapping : (imagine some smilie).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:I'm guessing it's hard to look at MHv504 source-code.
Oh, the question was more in general for all game types, not only for MH. If I change Level.GameType to MonsterHunt, the result is the same.
sektor2111 wrote:Going to except seeking by aiming directly:
Class MonsterBase.uc loaded into NotePad++ CTRL+G (goto line) 523.
Seems I have to download that beside "MH2_NS_V2_August_14_2015", "MonsterHunt2Gold" and "MonsterHunt2v3". :what:

(My motivation for this question: I use a reworked version of my Mutator "Fast Redeemer" hat produces sounds on launching a missile, too. Recently I played a map with UMSSpaceMarines that had WarheadLauncher as weapon and got annoyed by the often repeated sound Nuclear Launch Detected. So I want to have the mutator be configurable for what weapon owner classes it will get active.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I played the Map MH-UM-Hillbase some days ago. AFAIK there are SkaarjNuker that uses nuclear weapons (or similar). I don't know if thats a useful info for you.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Apart of the given subject I run into another unclear-named-variable trap: Pawn's ReducedDamagePct. If a variable is named "Percent" I expect that the value is divided by hundred to get the scale value... In fact, the percent value divided by hundred is needed there.
Of course a quick view into the code or the wiki can make that clear, but that's not the point.

So if you use above given map, please change ReducedDamagePct from 100 to 1 for the pawns.
Last edited by Barbie on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There's a monsterpack called WarNukingGround which has multiple monsters with redeemers, including 2 Skaarj-military types that have a variant warhead launcher as their weapon.

I've been goofing around with it · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/109297.html
Aldebaran wrote:I played the Map MH-UM-Hillbase some days ago. AFAIK there are SkaarjNuker that uses nuclear weapons
Yeah, that's from WarNukingGround.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

sektor2111 wrote:I'm guessing it's hard to look at MHv504 source-code.
Barbie wrote:Seems I have to download that beside "MH2_NS_V2_August_14_2015", "MonsterHunt2Gold" and "MonsterHunt2v3". :what:
. I repeat <MonsterBase.uc> is default Mutator class from "original MH" which in MH504 (like I said right in first Line) has a modification according to default Epic skill in causing troubles for themselves and then rest.
Aldebaran wrote:I played the Map MH-UM-Hillbase some days ago. AFAIK there are SkaarjNuker that uses nuclear weapons (or similar). I don't know if thats a useful info for you.
Irrelevant - it's about a SkaarjTrooper (any stock) firing default WarheadLauncher which is solved by almost 2 years including invisible weapon drop. And yes, were a lot of reasons for updating old MH controller with a more friendly one (allowing even monster replacements) and having no default Skaarj problems.
Barbie wrote:Oh, the question was more in general for all game types, not only for MH. If I change Level.GameType to MonsterHunt, the result is the same.
Outside of MH ?
Yes, for monster games - read again line 523 and function StartMatch() from MH504 (in case you are on a wrong track).

If you guys want a team for working at some 505, I'm interested - such a version over-sanitized can solve even problems caused when attached MH versions are loaded nearby "original".
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump without Off Topic because is... topic related. As long as I'm writing some Trooper specific NON bIsPlayer stuff and a bunch of MH errors are going to be ruined well and sent into toilette drainage, I'll happily tweak correctly this chapter of Trooper handling redeemer. The tweak is available using XC_Engine(hooktest) aka v19 (as shown in logs and reported by XC detectors) so users against XCGE feel free to no longer read bellow. Let's see what we have. SkaarjTrooper.uc lines 427-428 function "PlayMovingAttack()" and lines 528-529 function "PlayFiring()". Lines will probably look like this:

Code: Select all

if ( Weapon.AmmoType != None )
			Weapon.AmmoType.AmmoAmount = Weapon.AmmoType.Default.AmmoAmount + 2; //Full load for Redeemer and a bit more for the rest
The secondary methods would be ammo debate lines which... I'm not doing even if code is smaller. Why ? I see modders creating a subclass of a sh!t default redeemer moving bug forward into child classes. I head for XCGE and "ReplaceFunction" add-on. Technically more functions messed up can be happily rewritten not only for Troopers, but that was a pleasure of me.
The rest of poor SkaarjSnipers placed desperate near SniperRifle in MH-Posseumus(which I revised) in purpose to get some weapon with any matter, now are holding their "default Rifle" smiling happy at player hunter when is coming...

And now I have proved that XCGE is ON TOPIC everywhere, because it is useful in solving a wide range of problems.

Opps: Dessloch died killed by Skaarj Redeemer holder.
[attachment=0]Redemer_Usage.PNG[/attachment]
Attachments
Redemer_Usage.PNG