DM-WasteFacility | Alpha v0.1

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

DM-WasteFacility | Alpha v0.1

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I was just going to submit this post, when I noticed i forgot AS-RoadTunnel! Guess I'll queue it further because THIS map is what makes me a non-cube mapper.

Many people wonder what do themselves cube mappers. I did the same when I though to myself, what made me a cube mapper.

Many people wonder what did they leave the cube mapper stance. I do wonder what happened to my cubes as well.

But all everyone has to know, is that someday their skills will improve. Even if Blender is needed for such task.

Guess what happened to me.

The only question I have now is the real value outside my heart, of...

DM-WasteFacility!
Last edited by Gustavo6046 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: DM-WasteFacility | Screenshot Alpha

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Soooo... you're now a cylinder mapper? OK then. :ironic:

Yes you may use RTNP music, just be sure to include it in the zip once you finish the map.

As for resizing images... well thats what Irfanview and programs like that are good for :P

Map looks pretty alright brush wise... not sure about the lighting part (I see torchesthat don't seem to be making any lighting yet etc.).
Keep up the good work. Definetly seeing improvement here from your previous works.
Eviltom
Skilled

Post by Eviltom »

Good progress! :tu:
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Actually, I'm wondering what a cubemapper is. I've never seen this term before.
You must construct additional pylons.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hellkeeper wrote:Actually, I'm wondering what a cubemapper is.
Maps built without rounded edges, I suppose. I've seen maps where smoothing wasn't applied and the sky is all in sharp angular patterns.

I'm guessing.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Wasn't that a quake 2 level ? name.
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Hellkeeper wrote:Actually, I'm wondering what a cubemapper is. I've never seen this term before.
That's actually me... I think.
Here is the prove:
Creavion wrote:UT1 sucks with Warpzones, papercube (your new nickname). The map does not look as if it could end up like a lot of work. :-/
viewtopic.php?p=44034#p44034
viewtopic.php?p=33283#p33283
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

A cube mapper? I guess I mistook the term; and it's a guy that makes a map out of large cubes, hurting the players' eyes.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: DM-WasteFacility | Alpha v0.1

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Can't find file GusPackII :wth:

damnit use a program or something so that you'd know what custom files you are using, like [zOm] Map Manager: http://www.unrealriders.de/files/MyMapManager.zip
... or something from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4220
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You can find the file through forum but it is not the right file, map won't work... I was curious when a red guy will figure this useless noise.
[attachment=0]Load_nothings.png[/attachment]
Good luck in advance ! :thuup:

Me, the cube mapper-non-mapper, I prefer to drop all stuff inside Level, this will prevent any future file problem if it will get screwed.
Attachments
Load_nothings.png
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote:You can find the file through forum but it is not the right file, map won't work... I was curious when a red guy will figure this useless noise.
[attachment=0]Load_nothings.png[/attachment]
Good luck in advance ! :thuup:

Me, the cube mapper-non-mapper, I prefer to drop all stuff inside Level, this will prevent any future file problem if it will get screwed.
Ack! I though I had deleted that trigger AGES ago! :wth:

Thanks gecko, now I've just updated the link and free of conflicts hopefully.

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

To consider:
- Removing InitTrigger because it's pointless;
- Timedtrigger start itself automatically at game start, doesn't need another file to be ignited, else it's doable in MyLevel but has no logic.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Sorry for the bump but I wanted to acknowledge this map is abandoned as I set my path with a new, promising one: DOM-EvonOne.

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Sorry for the bump but I wanted to acknowledge this map is abandoned as I set my path with a new, promising one: DOM-EvonOne.
Abandoned? I just downloaded it!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758