An old map revived... DM-HUMIDFIELDS

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: An old map revived... DM-HUMIDFIELDS

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:13 am Edit2: Personal observation figured thanks to the UT patch 469d RC4. Uber MyLevel Sound called "whaattt" looks like is having 5.29 seconds but... its size taken is 912.1 kb. Other sounds are indeed smaller as length but really small as size taken. To me this is not normal at all. If you need 912.1 kb for a duration of 5+ seconds clearly here it was used a format that not all player can manage.
That sound is in Stereo - export it, convert it to Mono, import it to replace the current sound and then try the map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This looks more normal to me...
whaattt_m.7z
(55.78 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Not having access to UnrealEd anymore, I can't fix anything... but at least now the problem has been identified.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I do have access, but it's not like I want to work here 3 weeks for dealing with stupid collision of those "trees". Maybe others having nothing else to do are willing to solve it (using BlockAll-s or such)... Let me know if sound is still a problem for you, maybe you'll play it not only spectating.
DM-HumidFields_Wip1.7z
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
PS:___
Yes, it's W.I.P. because to me it's not ready and it never was.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:46 amYes, it's W.I.P. because to me it's not ready and it never was.
Well, your previous edit ended with Wip0 so that makes sense.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:54 am Well, your previous edit ended with Wip0 so that makes sense.
I don't understand the point... Does it work right now or it's still having sound issues ? This is what I want to know.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:47 pmDoes it work right now or it's still having sound issues ? This is what I want to know.
It's a big map, locating all issues via observation or play takes time.

Only issue I know of that remains, at the moment, isn't much of an issue; the boat.

Boat is sizable, it has a long deck plus the inside of it below decks.

Bots only occupy one side of the deck, where they run endlessly in circles. It's ideal for any human player to setup camp nearby and pick them off with a sniper rifle (if there were sniper rifles or any other weapons other than the redeemer on the map) but it's not so good for the bots.
Attachments
Shot0014.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

All right then, I'll look for items over there, and... developing somehow access without "tools" if possible... Because if they have an interest to leave the boat for something, Teleporting is the faster option. Boat has some ramps that are not really navigable, there is required some sort of jumping - not possible in low health and not possible without Translocator or... JumpBoots. Being denied from further routing, they might stay there, unable to leave - which is not okay...

Edit: Cough... On the Boat there is a door opening Redeemer room, "TriggerControl" door doesn't open because nothing does this action...
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

Hi all I am currently doing a remix of this map for my sniper server I have added some new stuff ie more walkways high up different trees with block all in them different music I'm going to bot path it as best I know how (still learning how to) it also has some sounds here and there still got plenty to do yet I will post some pictures later

Edit I have also put new music and some wildlife and some huts to hide in hopefully it will look good
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sXs-sketchpad wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:05 amI have also put new music and some wildlife and some huts to hide in hopefully it will look good
On the offchance I get around to editing maps again I'm already kicking some ideas on those same fronts.

Bit of XV too, mostly choppers as this map seems ideal for them.
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

I'm enjoying doing this map it is rather large but I think it will be good for the kind of play style on the server I reckon it will also be good for the choppers and vehicles I also put water sounds in plus bat sounds in the cave and also a ramp out of the boat
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Lots of possibilities with this map, as with the earlier version (Terra-Alpha) which is basically a daytime version. From memory neither have much, if any, ambient sound - so plenty of sounds can be added plus more vegetation and, in the daytime version, birds (gulls over the ship and sea and songbirds inland).

Either version makes for a good stalking sniper map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Back, after a more intensive investigation. Mainly desired items were on the boat - locked, the rest of map was loaded mainly with "SniperAmmo" but no weapon from this kind. I'm not surprised to see them sitting on the boat when they spawned there. They had small attempts to hunt but... only skating at ledges. For some reason, Goblin did not link paths out of water around the boat, if by chance hunter left the boat, in water was only wandering unable to go anywhere, clearly it needs more links, I think in "Wip1" I forgot some of these. If you do modifications my advice is to take in account all options and yes, more other items are needed for creating a generic DM map not aiming only a specific game-type/mod played in very few places.
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

hi all some screenshots of what ive been up to with this map sorry the shots are a bit dark but i have made the map a bit darker with a bit of a red tinge i still have a fair bit i want to do to it i have also put normal weapons in it so it can be played in other places there are also sounds of water and wildlife i need to bot path it to the best of my ability
Attachments
Shot00207.png
Shot00206.png
Shot00205.png
Shot00204.png
Shot00203.png
Shot00202.png
Shot00200.png
Shot00199.png
Shot00198.png
Shot00196.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Umm... nice. Pathing is not really difficult, if you have issues, here I'll show you my edit with completions, from there you can export Nodes (except InventorySpots) and building paths, tinkering them later if something is not normal. Take in account bugged mover from boat...
- Said Mover is opening in player direction returning when it bumps into player - making access really difficult - to me it should glide away;
- Issue is happening only if mover can be opened - because I don't see anything doing this.