Hello, and a request for help

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Hepativore

Hello, and a request for help

Post by Hepativore »

So, I have recently gotten the GOTY edition of UT99 on Steam, and I am having a blast. It came out when I was in high school and I did not have a computer at the time that could handle it or the internet connection.

Anyway, with that being said, I need help with a minor problem, and it is almost embarassing to bring it up but I suppose this is the place to do so. I have installed several skins to use in the game, and I have put the appropriate files in the Texture and System folders, and I can see the skins in the player setup screen in the UT99 launcher. However, when you open the character creation screen within UT99 when starting a new tournament in single-player against bots, none of the skins or models that I added are visible, and you must choose from the default ones that came with the game. I know that in multiplayer, the skins are added to the server if the server allows it, but what am I doing wrong for single-player?

I feel like I am missing something very obvious, but I do not know what it might be.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Hello, and a request for help

Post by UnrealGGecko »

For the Tournament Ladder mode, unfortunatly you can only select the default skins, but for practice session mode you should he able to use the custom skins. If you placed the files in the right places they should be available.
Hepativore

Post by Hepativore »

Is there anything like a mod or a patch that would allow them for the single player ladder?
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

You cannot use custom skins in a single player you have to choose one of the team skins. Only in a practice game or server online can you use custom skins. Unless someone else knows something different.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

There are a couple of custom Tournament Ladders around out there - I have no idea if they allow the use of non-default models and skins but it might be worth having a look. The topic of custom ladders came up fairly recently so a search of this forum should, hopefully, throw up some links.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Theoretically it is possible, because back when UT first came out I figured on what seemed like an obvious fix but it screwed some things up when I tried to play online later.

You'd have to edit the default skin packages, but if you do that it causes file conflicts when you try to connect to others' games online.

I don't recommend it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758