having some unreal ed issues

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

having some unreal ed issues

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

hi all not sure what i have done to my unreal ed 2.0

but every time i try to open it it starts to open then it just crashes no error message or anything it was working fine the other day went to do some work on my map remix and as i said it keeps going away.

i know someone will probably say try the new patch wichever number it might be right now but i have tried the new patches before and my laptop is so old it dosent seem to like them if you want anymore info about the issue please let me know hopefully someone can shed some light on my issue

p.s i also tried reinstalling ut and that didnt seem to help either
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: having some unreal ed issues

Post by Red_Fist »

Try moving the UT ini, copy, , and edit the other as a blank that is in UT directory. possibly unrealed ini too.

see what happens., save your old files first.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Preaching to the choir · viewtopic.php?t=15835

For me I'm fairly certain an anti-viral app on my system eliminated a key file, that wasn't specific to UnrealEd as some other programs I regularly use are also experiencing issues, but I haven't been able to determine what file that was.

By the by, I don't have the new patch.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

#1 Look if something is relevant in Editor.Log file. Get used to look at that file.
#2 If you have closed Editor when it was minimized, issues coming are nothing new. Editor won't run having viewports declared with 0 × 0 size.
#3 If your system has done whatever funky update then... Install an older OS that has no longer destruction update support.
PS:
In my OS I did not have any Editor related problems except the case from #2 and when I declared a builder but forgetting to add it in "System". When Editor was in a good state I made a backup of UnrealEd.ini and UnrealTournament.ini files elsewhere outside of UT folder, problem #2 can be solved in this case by simply restoring files in a matter of seconds.