Deckard's Revenge

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Deckard's Revenge

Post by OjitroC »

browndl wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:27 pm If anyone is interested, the contest has been announced and Deckard's Revenge placed last. Maybe next time.
That's a pity - still your maps are always appreciated on here - I, for one, have been playing Deckard's Revenge and DeadeyeCanyon every night since they were released.

Is there anywhere, other than Discord, where one can find out the results of the competition?
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

Auto merged new post submitted 9 minutes later
OjitroC wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:04 pm
browndl wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:27 pm
That's a pity - still your maps are always appreciated on here - I, for one, have been playing Deckard's Revenge and DeadeyeCanyon every night since they were released.
That means a lot. Thanks!
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Plenty of positive comments on your map in the video including from the presenter (NiX?).

In passing I would say that those people comparing the design of DeckardsRevenge to Zeitkind obviously haven't played Zeitkind recently as DeckardsRevenge is designed and laid out in a different way with a much wider range of building types and of textures - it is not the same kind of urban place that Zeitkind is.

Interesting video - haven't watched it all yet - thanks for posting it.