Discussions about UT99
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

LAN problem

Post by UTPe »

Hello,
I've a home network problem with ut99.
I have a PC (Win7) with a ut99 (home)server v436, the server works fine and can be accessed from internet by other players. when I open a ut99 client (v469b) on the same PC, I can see, obviously, the server on LAN. everything is ok.
yesterday I installed a fresh ut99 v469c on my work PC with Win10 (the 2 PCs are on the same home network with different IPs, 192.168.1.x). the game works fine and I can access the server on the other PC by "open location" function using IP (192.168.1.x) , anyway I can not see the server on LAN (XBrowser doesn't show me anything). game.exe is not blocked by system firewall and I can see the resources of the other PC (the home network works well and I can share files and resources)...any ideas ?

thanks in advance.

cheers,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Eternity
Skilled

Re: LAN problem

Post by Eternity »

Need to make sure broadcast packets reach the server...
By default, server listens for "REPORTQUERY" at UDP 8777. Client sends it to 255.255.255.255, to 10 ports - from UDP 8777 to UDP 8786.   
Auto merged new post submitted 14 minutes later
For example, packets may follow wrong interface due to broadcast prioritization problems or be blocked by firewall...
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: LAN problem

Post by UTPe »

thanks for the infos, I'll go deep into this.
yesterday I tried also to disable firewalls on both machines but the result was the same.
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)