DOM-HighTension

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aspide
Skilled

DOM-HighTension

Post by Aspide »

Shot001.jpg
Shot002.jpg
Shot003.jpg
Shot004.jpg

Link:
DOM-HighTension.zip
(3.55 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
STORY:

Cities have always been a trademark of humanity, not only they function as a place where humans can live, but it also reflects the culture of the people that live in it. It's with great excitement that humans were able to create the first cities that are able to exist floating in space, now independent of planets humanity can literally live in every corner of the universe, however the inhabitants of this particular city aren't as happy as they should because of their boring-average lives. Liandri saw an opportunity to make a dream come true for this people and give them the excitement that they were lacking, Liandri transformed the top of the tallest building into a Domination arena and to make things even better every match is broadcast live to all the people in the city. Jerl Liandri President of LC commented : "If there is something that we have learned is that sometimes senseless violence can gives us a sense of enjoyment that can cure any civilization, this grand tournament shall continue the tradition of previous gladiator tournaments in human history and give the people a spark in their lives, and better yet, nobody gets hurt".

PERSONAL NOTES:

I have played a lot of custom maps in UT99, some of them I will remember for all of my life, one of these maps is DM-1on1-Contact made by Doctor Frag, that level is so simple but so effective and apparently the community agreeds as it is quite the popular map. I decided to make a Domination map based on the level that I love so much. I'm very happy with the result, I managed to make a map that is simple to understand and with a lot of options for getting from one corner of the map to another. I also used Sabbath Cat's enhanced control points, not only they look prettier, but they also allow to change the lighting of the map depending on who controls a CP. Bots are great in this map, special thanks to Buggie for helping me with the bot support.

Hope you all enjoy :tu:
Somewhere in Nevada...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: DOM-HighTension

Post by EvilGrins »

Pretty!

Will test it soon.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

I hope nobody has found a technical problem with this map :D
Somewhere in Nevada...
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Testing on friday, looking nice! Got a whole lot of maps to try out this weekend with all the latest maps on UA that came up,

EDIT: Don't normally see DOM maps with these narrow ledges, but it works. Challenging map and the bots are quite tough, they fell every once in a while but it was mostly during a battle.Only nitpicks I'd say the enhancedDom lights maybe could use more saturation, and it could've used some extra detail brushes and/or lights at the bottom. Right now since the map has ZoneLighting throughout the whole map and it's quite a bit larger than DM-1on1-Contact it is more noticeable, where the lighting just goes black. Something like what you did with the buildings in the skybox.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

That was fun.
Image Image

Good music, excellent space; bots seem to go everywhere...
...with the noted exception of where the Redeemer is. Very nice having it be on a platform that orbits the playing area.

I've only given it the once over the one time so far...
Image Image
...but I suspect it'd be hard pressed to find much of anything wrong here.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Thanks everyone, I'm glad people are enjoying the map, I want to upload this level to Unreal Archive but the website tells me: "No recognizable content found in file DOM-HighTension.zip" and "No new content found" , does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Somewhere in Nevada...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Possibly because there is a mutator as well as the map? Seems other people have had a similar problem in the past going by the Closed Issues.
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

The zip file contains the map as well as the Enhanced CP mutator by Sabbath Cat because it's a requirement, so I have to remove the mutator to upload the map in Unreal Archive?   
Auto merged new post submitted 12 minutes later
OjitroC wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:38 pm Possibly because there is a mutator as well as the map? Seems other people have had a similar problem in the past going by the Closed Issues.
Thanks OjitroC, you were right, I had to remove the int file in order for Unreal Archive to pickup the zip file.
Somewhere in Nevada...
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

Nice looking map, very simple, grounded, great play action. As always, I like the back story. Makes it a little different from a lot of other maps.
:gj: