DM- DS Tower Bridge - RELEASED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
browndl
Skilled

DM- DS Tower Bridge - RELEASED

Post by browndl »

EDIT 9-29-2023 The play testers have given it the go ahead. So, here is the map

https://www.ut99maps.net/maps/sniper/DM ... Bridge.zip

Death match, full bot support (The bots do not access the teleporters as I did not think it needful for them to do so, but they should go everywhere else.)

As always feedback is welcome. I hope you all find the map interesting and enjoyable.

END EDIT

An early look at a map I am currently working on. Debating whether I will release two versions, DM and CTF. If I do there will be differences between the two. Still needs much work in all areas: Lighting, pathing, pick-up placement, skybox, some additional brushwork, etc. Just wanted to put a sneak peak for your viewing pleasure. I guess that last statement is relative huh? You decide for yourself.

Last edited by browndl on Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
darksonny
Adept

Re: WIP-Tower Bridge

Post by darksonny »

wow, interesting theme! if you go for ctf please ensure to be multipath to reach flag in each flagbase to make the map more unpredictable in terms of gaming. (it could fit as dom with 3 point.
idea: For dom....What about making those bridge elevators being set in a sort of timer lifting up in for example 60 seconds and then lift down (repeating the process) to protect and unprotect node link?
pd: browndl, maybe could interesting if you put in your signature all your work done to date in ut so anyone can download your great maps. What do you think? :)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, two versions would be good - there seems to be at least three routes from one side of the bridge to the other (possibly five?) - the one over the partially raised sections would require use of jump boots/xloc of course but that's OK.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

It reminds a bit of the map DM-UK-Tower-Bridge20​13​ that we have on our sniper-server
Attachments
dump.jpg
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

Hitman wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:08 pm It reminds a bit of the map DM-UK-Tower-Bridge20​13​ that we have on our sniper-server
Looks like we started looking at the same bridge. :)
1.png
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

this looks killer man, keep up the good work :tu:
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

So, just about finished with the Deathmatch map. Last clip before release. Had some bsp issues pop up that required some architectural changes.

Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Wow, very cool, this looks like an excellent candidate for that "sphere skybox" thread, thing-tool. I got to give that thing a try.
Binary Space Partitioning
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

i had a fap-fap sense and had to go to bath...wow sexy map!
pd:its huge, maybe a ctf version for this map?
pd2: it's a pity that this unreal engine shows that ugly edge on that skybox. It would be less noticeable that skyline that could be somewhat hidden with a kind of dense fog surrounding all that bridge but letting you see that skybox-city with the naked eye.
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

Thanks for all the comments everyone. The map will be released as soon as the play testers are finished with it. A CTF version is planned and in the works.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: DM- DS Tower Bridge - RELEASED

Post by OjitroC »

As always, an enjoyable map to play. Plenty of possibilities for close, mid and long range combat - good connectivity, easy to get around. Good atmosphere, plenty of appropriate ambient sounds. One of the best 'bridge' maps - superior in design, layout, texturing, etc to the two well-known UK bridge maps, for example, and, unlike many bridge maps, the focus is entirely on the bridge eschewing inclusion of parts of the adjoining urban area :gj:

Pity about the skybox , though that does not, of course, detract from the gameplay.
browndl
Skilled

Re: DM- DS Tower Bridge - RELEASED

Post by browndl »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:40 pm As always, an enjoyable map to play. Plenty of possibilities for close, mid and long range combat - good connectivity, easy to get around. Good atmosphere, plenty of appropriate ambient sounds. One of the best 'bridge' maps - superior in design, layout, texturing, etc to the two well-known UK bridge maps, for example, and, unlike many bridge maps, the focus is entirely on the bridge eschewing inclusion of parts of the adjoining urban area :gj:

Pity about the skybox , though that does not, of course, detract from the gameplay.
Wow! This has to be the most positive review of a map that I have received. I am glad you find it enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to comment.   
Auto merged new post submitted 2 minutes later
Also, believe it or not, I was not aware of the other tower bridge maps until I had already started building mine.