MH-EventHorizon][

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-EventHorizon][

Post by Buggie »

MonsterHunt conversion for this map:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... bbd09.html
Shot00723.jpg
Shot00724.jpg
Shot00725.jpg
Shot00726.jpg
Shot00727.jpg
Shot00728.jpg
Shot00729.jpg
Shot00730.jpg
Shot00731.jpg
MH-EventHorizon][v1.7z
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
Last edited by Buggie on Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: MH-EventHorizon][

Post by OjitroC »

An entertaining and fun map :tu:

Comments :
1 The crate housing the teleporter (to and from the planet) closed after a certain number of uses (or length of time or whatever) - in consequence, when one had to return to the planet (if killed and so starting again at the start or if chasing monsters that had gone back to the planet through the teleporter in the large hall with the fans), the only way to get to the large hall was to ghost into the crate and then walk into the teleporter;

2 although I had got to that large hall all the shortcut teleporters took me to the outside of the ship - so I had to go through the process of opening the external and internal doors and ghosting into the crate - it would be better if, once someone reaches the hall, the shortcut teleporters (at the start for example) took one to the teleporter in the hall;

3 having killed everything I could see and opened the access to the escape pod, there were still 16 or 18 monsters still unaccounted for. I ghosted back through the map and eventually found a bunch of lava sliths in the lava at the start. I am not sure it is worthwhile having them there as I certainly didn't think when starting the map to look in the lava (I'm not sure anyone would or if the lava sliths can in fact be seen in the lava?);

4 Is that odd clicking at the start once one goes over the bridge supposed to alert people to somethng? I did try to go back but there appeared to be an invisible wall so I couldn't walk on the land area though I could jump on to it.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

v1

- make crate open forever.
- Kill start Slith not need anymore for end level.

Updated in first post: viewtopic.php?t=16009   
Auto merged new post submitted 3 minutes later
1. Fixed in v1.
2. Teleporter is fine. You not want tele into hell from start.
3. Slith still there, but not need for end game.
4. Sound come from turn on/off lights. I supposed it is be original idea of mapper.
5. You can't go back with walk and need jump, because there invisible bsp obstacle, since bsp not like sharp corner, like in this island brush. Not see big problem with that.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

That Vortex Rikers ship stuck in the mountain....maybe this is in practice an alternate reality VR where experiments took place...
*mister profit appears*
VORTEX MESSSSAAAAAAAA!
(a reference to the chocolate box satire fanfic I made)

edit:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/32042842
also of course this one where it started and where its first referenced:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/31999312
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Buggie wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:41 am 4. Sound come from turn on/off lights. I supposed it is be original idea of mapper.
All TriggerLights controlled by Trigger12 have Initialstate=TriggerTurnsOn so more than one Event of Trigger12 is useless and only triggers the SpecialEvents with Sound'Activates.ClicksBig.start14' => Trigger12.bTriggerOnceOnly should be TRUE.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett