MH-Blice-Lite-Alpha

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: MH-Blice-Lite-Alpha

Post by EvilGrins »

Auto merged new post submitted 2 hours 58 minutes later
Also, is this one of those maps you have to kill everything to end it?
Image Image
Because, clearly, getting to the Monster-End doesn't END anything.   
Auto merged new post submitted 20 hours 10 minutes later
I went back into play the map and finally got down to 4 monsters... using the Movement Locator to find the better hidden ones.

Even then it took a bot to spot a monster I missed.
Image Image
Weird thing, though. Map ended with that monster's death but there were still 2 monsters left.

So why did it end?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

You have to kill 88 of 196 monster, but the "correct" ones. The counter should lead you.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

For final counter, which unlock end, I usually exclude flying monsters, in case if they fly away, it not block game end.
Sometimes exclude small monsters, if count big.
And if count big, keep ones which in last map part.

But whatever - MH is not race to mhend. It is game mode where you hunt down monsters, not chase for fast touch mhend, such modes called "race", when you need reach finish for win.

On map embed hud mutator, which show with green rectangle one random monster or mhend location, if there no monsters left.
use it for find all monsters, even if there no any radar.

Map ended before time, because you kill all what need, mhend activated, and on top of it sit bot, which end game.   
Auto merged new post submitted 1 minute later
Proper bot implementation must unwind chain of events in case if mhend not active and goes to goal, which allow activate it.
There simple chain - to mhend linked counter, which receive events from kill monsters. So bots must follow this and start search monsters, instead of endlessly run in mhend spot.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

It seems like that MonsterEnd is enabled before the count is done. BlockedPaths with waypoints are the only way.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

MonsterEnd is not the only Bot target in MonsterHunt. MonsterWayPoint will motivate Bot to crawl around... and you can keep them in area by simply keeping this disabled/protected for a while (using custom things) as for the "race", it won't be any "race" if you guys are using properly "SpecialCost". I wrote HuntNode since years and is effective... and I would like to see it improved not ignored and complaining because Bot is executing what MAP is SAYING and nothing else. Bot's habits can be used in our favor not for mystical complains.