Bot settings to copy/paste?

Discussions about UT99
caver01
Novice

Bot settings to copy/paste?

Post by caver01 »

I have been setting up a dedicated server off and on for a few months now. I recently started playing with @Buggie SmartStockBots mutator to see if I can improve my bot AI a little bit. I had been using AutoAdjustSkill enabled, but saw in another post that maybe this setting has known issue?

In any case, I also have had some fun naming many of my bots in the User.ini with old schoolmate names me and my friends would recognize, but I see there are many other settings in the .ini that I could tweak like BotJumpy, Camping, Strafing etc. etc. Now, some of these probably work better if they are set in alignment--like, I probably don't want a camping bot to also be jumpy.

I figured perhaps somebody has already done this and has a nice, tweaked attribute list for 32 bots to share. Am I right? Has anyone tweaked their bot settings--or is there a text blob I can paste into my .ini file to give me a nice random set of working behaviors?   
Auto merged new post submitted 2 minutes later
And also, how would these values collectively work with bot skill settings for my sever? Any recommendations there? I don't mind if there is sometimes an annoying sniper, but it can be really frustrating if you lose your head every single time you step around a corner, so all within reason I guess.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Bot settings to copy/paste?

Post by EvilGrins »

Editing bots in User.ini seems tricky, why not simply use bot setups directly?
EvilGrins wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 pmI customize my own bots manually, making some average, some godlike, and some so terrible they couldn't hit you with a minigun even if they were right next to you.
Image Image Image
To setup bots you simply goto "configure" on the game menu:

Or you can get setup multiple lists of bots, 32 to a list, with something like Xbots:

Either way, it's easier to use the in-game utility than to manually edit User.ini directly.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
caver01
Novice

Re: Bot settings to copy/paste?

Post by caver01 »

@Buggie Thanks for sharing the link above. I That's exactly what I was looking for. I manipulated the text a bit in a spreadsheet first, then dropped updated params over some of my existing and tried them out. Time will tell, but I appreciate helping me find that referenced example.