Very small animation series help needed

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Very small animation series help needed

Post by JackGriffin »

Guys I need a small series of 8-10 'blobs' that look like if you had a water balloon suspended in space and it was undulating some. Not a huge amount but enough so that it appears like it has just bounced off of something. I've googled a bit trying to find a GIF generator or something that would give me decent frames to use for this and I've also tried some freehand photoshop work but this requires a bit of finesse to make it look smooth and also return it to the start frame. Does anyone have any practice in this sort of thing or could they point me towards a good resource that will help me correctly make my animation series? I don't need any colors in it (I'll get that in post production lol) just a simple squishy blob.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: Very small animation series help needed

Post by MrLoathsome »

Jack,

Any chance you could provide an image of what you want the blob to look like?

Having 1 pic to start with would greatly increase the odds of somebody coming up with something that might
work for you I am guessing.

I did some very crude gif animations long ago, but don't know if I could come up with anything useable for you here
very soon. I sort of got sidetracked by something else last week. Still adjusting and extending that a bit before you see it again....

If nobody else comes up with anything before I can play with gif animations, I could take a try at it. I have to do a Bat AI also before that however.
blarg
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I appreciate it but I sorted it out Loathe. I just borrowed a standard model for now but this may be something I revisit in the future depending on how the effect ends up turning out.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yeah I know, late as ever :?
For making AnimGIFs, I'd recomend;
Paintshop Pro, or GIMP, as they are built with animation in mind.

The free conversion utility "SUPER" from eRightSoft will easily convert almost anything into an AnimGIF, if you want to convert a vid clip.