NPLoader help

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Fulcrum
Novice

Re: NPLoader help

Post by Fulcrum »

I think ACE can do an MD5-check on the dll, but that an entire other topic.

What do you mean you can't help with that? You seemed to know how to help in a previous post: "you shouldn't have the server call the dll at all".
To clear things up; all the checks happen clientside.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:this goes over my head. Anth is your expert here, and he said there are many ways to do it. You are using the hex editor correctly by only editing the correct fields and having the insert key on the whole time? you tried a second hex editor to be sure? odds are these are stupid questions to you re-enforcing that this is over my head. So you are using native to check serverside for their client sending incorrect movements? Good achievement if so

You fully understand how to use native functions from within uscript. But you are having trouble compiling the dll for use? over my head

edit: oh it is clientside. have you checked the link in anthrax's signature?
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

The server will always try to load the .dll/.so file associated with a package, provided that there's at least one native class inside that package. So even if you're not calling any native functions on the server side, it will still try to load that dll file. To prevent this you have to either:
* Remove the RF_LoadForServer flag for all native classes in the package (I thought there was at least one package editor that could do this. If this is not true then I could quickly write a tool that does exactly this)
* Not use any native classes at all and use one of the many well known UEngine exploits, errrr features, to make the classes native at run-time (this can easily be messed up though so unless you really know what you're doing, the first option is always the better one)
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:See I told you he would help with that. And to clarify he is not talking about the dll name he is talking about the files that have been told to call the dll

I never realised the great extent to which ACE checks dll files for legitamacy. You probably caved in to pressure a bit too Anth. Who wants 5 new dll files in their System folder

If the great ACE can still be split into an anti cheat, a dll checker, computer information gatherer for admins, speedhack prevention. I think you should consider it. The cons listed above the pros being less privacy invasion, people like Fulcrum making new stuff and carrying on your work. I hope this sways your thoughts at least a little
Fulcrum
Novice

Post by Fulcrum »

I've tried UTPT and Choco's Package Editor.

UTPT only lets you view stuff, not edit.
Choco's both lets you view and edit. I changed the flag to false and saved the .u file.
Afterwards I reopened my .u file and all flags were set to False.
I repeated it, but it's still the case.

Is there another package editor? Or am I doing something wrong?

Ty
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I've never used Chocos. I don't recall being able to edit packages from within UTPT. Didn't he say to use a hex editor to do it?

Can I ask why you would absolutely need to remove this flag? If you have to then give anth another prod to remind him he mentioned building that tool. But it sounds like simple stuff it would probably be an automated process of what would take you 2 minutes to do in a hex editor

Edit: a few posts ago you said you couldn't find where the flags were in the file. Can you set these where you have musicfactory listed. and why not make a dummy function in the dll that would run serverside if the dll is always going to load. Once again it's been a while for me so I don't know what that function is named. I can have a look and see what I find it you'd like
Fulcrum
Novice

Post by Fulcrum »

I guess I'm relying on Anthrax for the solution then. :)

I need to remove the flag so the dll doesn't get loaded onto the server. It can be loaded on the server, that's not really a problem.
It is a problem when the server is linux and I only have a windows dll, not a linux so file.
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

Sent you a message on ua.org. That should fix your problem.
Fulcrum
Novice

Post by Fulcrum »

Thx Anthrax. :) When I open my .u package in UTPT I see the flag got successfully removed.

edit:
Now it indeed runs on the server. :)
But not without issues. My client crashes lol. I'll investigate!!
Fulcrum
Novice

Post by Fulcrum »

After all this I've dropped this native project and went for a project fully in uscript.
It's hard for ppl to trust a dll from a stranger. :( Although the dll gives more precise results.

Thanks to everyone that was willing to help me.

I've attached the work I had done to this post. It's in no way clean code and A LOT can be improved.
http://www.multiupload.nl/YTO2I56DE9
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:yeah but thats why NPLoader lets you write up a description of the DLL. Or you mean admins you showed it to didn't like the idea? Good luck with your uscript version. I could be the first besides Anth to do something like this with NPLoader after all